Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 10:18   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)

Any updates on the pricing & options. If yes, please update.

Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 10:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Any updates on the pricing & options. If yes, please update.
Since the design has been approved by the majority, Prabhu is currently working on a machine cut mold so that all pieces made would be identical and uniform in finish . I suppose this should be done by end of the month and then final product line up will be frozen .
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 14:38   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, Just chanced upon this thread.

The HT looks stunning!.. Easily one of the best looking ones in the country!

However, I have a question: Normally, most HT's I have seen (I have seen only few) have an increased roof line (rear), for correct head room for rear passengers.

The Thar even in its OE soft top form, has little head room for side facing rear seats. In this design, I see that the roll cage decreases the roofline further. Wont it affect the head room for rear passengers (side facing seats) drastically? I guess even without the roll cage, head room should be just OK for someone about 5'7". Anyone taller might find it real difficult.

Agreed that a higher rear roofline for the HT will reduce the looks drastically, but wouldn't it score in terms of practicality? Especially when we consider the prime purpose of a HT is practicality.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dhanush
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 15:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Since the design has been approved by the majority, Prabhu is currently working on a machine cut mold so that all pieces made would be identical and uniform in finish . I suppose this should be done by end of the month and then final product line up will be frozen .

Thanks very much, will await the pricing & delivery schedule.

Cheers
Old 21st February 2012, 16:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi, Just chanced upon this thread.

The HT looks stunning!.. Easily one of the best looking ones in the country!

However, I have a question: Normally, most HT's I have seen (I have seen only few) have an increased roof line (rear), for correct head room for rear passengers.

The Thar even in its OE soft top form, has little head room for side facing rear seats. In this design, I see that the roll cage decreases the roofline further. Wont it affect the head room for rear passengers (side facing seats) drastically? I guess even without the roll cage, head room should be just OK for someone about 5'7". Anyone taller might find it real difficult.

Agreed that a higher rear roofline for the HT will reduce the looks drastically, but wouldn't it score in terms of practicality? Especially when we consider the prime purpose of a HT is practicality.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dhanush
Dhanush,

There is no problem with the headroom as it is in line with the B pillar. We travelled from Hyderabad to Bangalore for the OTR in January this year. Though we were in two Jeeps but half the way I was traveling as a rear passenger in the HT Thar, there were more than 3" plus, clear above my head and I am a six footer.

Ofcourse, seated on a front facing rear seat that was made for this Thar much before the HT, with side seats removed.

If side facing are to be maintained, the headroom will not be any lesser than the stock.

Thanks for your comments, R&D is still on as the plan is to make this HT the best that India has to offer for a long time to come.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 22:54   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@dhanush: Rear headroom in a 540/550 is a problem only when seats are positioned above the rear wheel well like the OEM side facing seats. Once you put front facing seats that sit lower in between the foot wells it is not a problem. I had my A and B pillar reduced by about 2 to 3 inches and headroom was fine since my rear seat height was lower than the wheel well. If you plan to use the OEM side facing seats, headroom will definitely be a problem.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:22   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
There is no problem with the headroom as it is in line with the B pillar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Once you put front facing seats that sit lower in between the foot wells it is not a problem...
... If you plan to use the OEM side facing seats, headroom will definitely be a problem.
Thanks for the clarification Fazal Sir and Tini. I was thinking about an OE set up with this HT, but I guess the real use of this HT with removable roofs, comes with front facing rear seats, which is also very much more comfortable for long journeys, which the CRDe is highly capable of (built for).
Quote:
Thanks for your comments, R&D is still on as the plan is to make this HT the best that India has to offer for a long time to come.
Fazal Sir, could you please also shed some light to the rear of the HT?

.. I mean, the integration to the tail gate et al. More detailed pics..
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fazal,

I came across this thread today

The work you/your friends have done on this is really great and as some one said in the forum - the best looking HT sofar for Thar.

Without trying to take away anything from the wonderful job being done by you all (basically this should have been done by MM to start with), I am posting some info which may help you to improve things specially on the 'looks' department.

Recently I had an opportunity to ride a Europen spec Thar in Italy. It was a HT vesion. As per the info I got the HT is fitted by the dealer at the dealer side (HT made in Italy/Thaiwan)I am posting here some pictures of Thar Euro spec with HT - from the MM Italy site (may be you have seen this before) so that I may be in a better position to convey what I am trying to say here.

The Finish and Insulation was great. I was in it almost two hours in 4 deg c. ambient teperature.

In the HYD HT - in the 'looks' department 'somethings' are missing. The rear end of the Euro HT definitely looks more sleek (when compared to the photo in post # 74 here). May be you can do something similar in your final design

If I had seen this thread before, I would have taken some more pfotos of the Eur Thar. Specially the interiors. The sun roof fitting was quiet good and like in yours it had an option to take it out fully.

Hope you would take my post in its right spirit and hope to see a slightly more refined product soon from HYD

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-mahindra-combi-pic.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 22nd February 2012 at 17:38.
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hope you would take my post in its right spirit and hope to see a slightly more refined product soon from HYD

Dear Ram,

My most sincere thanks you for your kind inputs, leave alone taking it the right spirit.

Your observations are noted and the final product will have most of the features mentioned by you. There is a big change taking place on the manufacturing front of this HT, all parties interested kindly bear for some time as everything about this HT is worth waiting for.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

aapko patience ke liye discount dena padega - pehle itna excited kar diya - aur ab ye intezaar !! LOL

Just kidding

The irony is the Gurgaon dealer is now willing to take a booking advance without commitment on what the interior design changes will be - but there will be changes..they even do not confirm if the "refreshed" THAR is with or without AC

Any clues on this front ?

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
aapko patience ke liye discount dena padega - pehle itna excited kar diya - aur ab ye intezaar !! LOL

Just kidding

The irony is the Gurgaon dealer is now willing to take a booking advance without commitment on what the interior design changes will be - but there will be changes..they even do not confirm if the "refreshed" THAR is with or without AC

Any clues on this front ?
Cheers
Ricky,
It will definitely be AC.

Intezaar ki had se guzarna toh abhi baakhi hai.
Continue being exited...its worth it.
Regards,

fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:01   #87
BHPian

Wow that orange Thar looks stunning!! Great job with he fabrication of the HT and other general mods.
Old 24th February 2012, 21:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Fazal,
I came across this thread today
In the HYD HT - in the 'looks' department 'somethings' are missing. The rear end of the Euro HT definitely looks more sleek (when compared to the photo in post # 74 here). May be you can do something similar in your final design
Ram
I agree with Ram. I'm also feeling the same thing. I used to see at least one Wranger on road here in Saudi everyday then, HYD HT design will come into my mind. I always feel that there is something missing in your design that the Wranger HT has got it. Now I understand that the missing part is from the rear end.

Fazal sir, need something to do with the rear to improve the look. Please have a cross checking with the Euro version of HT.

Best of luck,
Sali
Salikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 10:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

This is possibly what the gentlemen have in mind. Picture taken off the net from Google search

The Black Jeep seems closest to the THAR in size & shape, this top IMHO, should fit best with the ongoing project

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-jeep-wrangler-ht.jpg  

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-jeep-wrangler-ht-rear.jpg  

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-jeep-wrangler-ht-rear-1.jpg  

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th February 2012 at 10:25.
Old 25th February 2012, 14:02   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a big change taking place on the manufacturing front of this HT, all parties interested kindly bear for some time as everything about this HT is worth waiting for.
Dear Fazal Bhai,

People grew older waiting for the Thar, I think a few more weeks for a better product is definitely worth it.

Congratulations to all working on this project.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks