Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 09:03   #286
BANNED

Re: Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar

Dear DB sir,
Will post the pictures soon, Under trimiming and correction now. My SA roll bars, third piece is yet to arrive, waiting for the same. Now my THAR is pin drop silent with a violent power as you said.Drive line change is my next final target.

Last edited by Rajith : 13th March 2012 at 09:04.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 09:53   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Dear DB sir,
Will post the pictures soon, Under trimiming and correction now. My SA roll bars, third piece is yet to arrive, waiting for the same. Now my THAR is pin drop silent with a violent power as you said.Drive line change is my next final target.
Rajith, Waiting for you to complete your alterations and have a look at your beast in person. Kudos.
Old 13th March 2012, 12:52   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear DB sir - now my THAR is pin drop silent with a violent power as you said. Drive line change is my next final target.
Dear Rajith - "pin drop silent"! I like that, thanks. You have almost realized my dream vehicle in your capable hands. If you are saying that you have "violent power" now, wait till you do the driveline optimization. Then, your Thar will finally come close to becoming the next MH01V521. Do the brake updation also, because with the new driveline, it's going to become a blisteringly fast vehicle, production brakes will not be sufficient. All my best wishes are with you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 19:10   #289
Senior - BHPian

^^: Wow thats nice to hear - Hope to see it in action in the OTR circuits too!

BTW: Can you put specifics of the driveline optimisation? Any change in FD or is it a switchable REMAP?
Old 13th March 2012, 21:16   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You can trust him and he knows what he is doing, i recently got a superb install done on Gypsy. He procured the compressor that i was particular about and its performing superb in this heat also. No engine heating issue or power loss, unlike the usual installs that happen for Gypsy's. Temp control is at 1/4 and blower at position 1 in peak afternoon for a vehicle parked in sun. Grill temp -0.1 deg and all this at the cheapest quote i got in BLR, with all original brand new parts.
Hi Jaggu

Is your Gypsy a ST or a HT? What compressor did you get? I am planning to go for A/C in my ST Gypsy.

Quote:
Hi,
I paid 3700rs to the liner guys and a day stay in a decent near by hotel MOONLIT costed rs 2700/- with food.
The real side of the story is , these guys does jeep hoods day in & day out, 365days for hi-range - mountain area vehicles to keep rain,winter and summer away and they know what they speak and does.
Pics of work-in-progress please...

--Ragul
Old 13th March 2012, 21:40   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hi Jaggu

Is your Gypsy a ST or a HT? What compressor did you get? I am planning to go for A/C in my ST Gypsy.
Sanden 505 which is the right fit for the engine, its a HT with cabin. Have added insulation for firewall and transmission tunnel. ST you will need insulation and ideally front half partition for efficient cooling. 507 the popular compressor will zap power, can cause over heating and what not.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 15:11   #292
BANNED

[quote=Ragul;2713117]Hi Jaggu

Pics of work-in-progress please...

--
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-1.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-2.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-3.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-4.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-5.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-6.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-7.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-8.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-9.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-10.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-11.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-12.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-13.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-14.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-15.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-17.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-16.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-18.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-19.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th March 2012 at 18:34. Reason: Back to back post, please use EDIT instead. Thank
Rajith is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 18:17   #293
BANNED

Quote:
More picture added in continuation of the earlier
Hi Rajith

Excellent workmanship! Congratulations!

Can this ST now be removed as easily as before to enjoy the experience topless?
What are the three square patches on the roof of driver cabin?
Is the metal frame in center line with handles part of original Thar or a customization this shop has done?
Does this guy do Gypsies? I could drive down there to get mine done similarly.

Thanks
--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 14th March 2012 at 18:19.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:14   #294
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hi Rajith

Excellent workmanship! Congratulations!

Can this ST now be removed as easily as before to enjoy the experience topless?
What are the three square patches on the roof of driver cabin?
Is the metal frame in center line with handles part of original Thar or a customization this shop has done?
Does this guy do Gypsies? I could drive down there to get mine done similarly.

Thanks
--Ragul
1)OE ST can be removed, but rexin and thermocol are pasted.
2)Three squares are OE velcro holders with ST.
3)Metal frames are OE, handles are customised.
4)He does all soft tops.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:23   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
--
Interesting.

Rajith, are you coming down to Chennai anytime soon with your Thar? Would like to see this and your CFL mod once.

OT- BTW, when did you get the ABS installed (sticker visible)?

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 21:51   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - THIS THREAD IS ONE YEAR OLD. The first Thar CRDe AC was delivered by me from the NBS showroom in Chowpatty Mumbai exactly one year back, to be exact, on 15 March 2011. I wonder when the factory fitted AC Thar will hit the roads.

Dear Rajith - the top installation is very well done. Although I can assure you that there will be no water leakage, please ensure that moisture does not remain between the two materials. You may put some moisture absorbing additive similar to what we see in medicine bottles etc. By the way, I just love the rear antenna and the yellow sticker. I would have preferred a sleeker classic looking front bumper but it is a matter of personal choice. See if you can source and fit the original Wrangler tail lights. And - PLEASE REMOVE THE SISSY LOOKING WHEEL CAPS!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 14th March 2012 at 21:52. Reason: add info
Old 15th March 2012, 09:05   #297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Interesting.

Rajith, are you coming down to Chennai anytime soon with your Thar? Would like to see this and your CFL mod once.

OT- BTW, when did you get the ABS installed (sticker visible)?

Spike
Hi spike,
Chennai im planning for 24th/25th March event.
ABS was my dream in Thar, as M&M didnt give, shared the STICKER from MARUTHI SWIFT !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - THIS THREAD IS ONE YEAR OLD. The first Thar CRDe AC was delivered by me from the NBS showroom in Chowpatty Mumbai exactly one year back, to be exact, on 15 March 2011. I wonder when the factory fitted AC Thar will hit the roads.

Dear Rajith - the top installation is very well done. Although I can assure you that there will be no water leakage, please ensure that moisture does not remain between the two materials. You may put some moisture absorbing additive similar to what we see in medicine bottles etc. By the way, I just love the rear antenna and the yellow sticker. I would have preferred a sleeker classic looking front bumper but it is a matter of personal choice. See if you can source and fit the original Wrangler tail lights. And - PLEASE REMOVE THE SISSY LOOKING WHEEL CAPS!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear BD Sir,
Wrangle tail light is in my list, will get it.

I dont have wheel caps, but scorpio OE alloys.If you closely see the last 3 photos, its our 1st THAR done at same place.I forgot to take the snaps of mine while fixing & airtighting the rear flap, so pasted our 1st Thar photo done by same guy.Where you can see Steel rims with cap on spare wheel bracket,rear light grill,A RITZ stop light on top the spare wheel carrier,Inner handles at roof and offcourse a CROSS hanging on the rear view mirror, also no ABS stckr. It can be a spot the difference game !.

Thanks and noted reg the moisture absorption.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th March 2012 at 03:49. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 13:04   #298
BHPian

Quote:
1)OE ST can be removed, but rexin and thermocol are pasted.
Rajith - Thanks for sharing the pics - the workmanship looks great. One quick question - The rear windows - on the side- have they been covered with the insulating material as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear DB - I have gone all along with your advice to get the Kit installed, as that was the correct way to do things - however that kit is not available anymore and there is still no sight of when the FF AC Thar will hit the road and not sure when an existing That customer can have the retro-fit of the new AC done - again - that should be the best way forward for existing Thar owners. I have already written to Mahindra - apart from one phone call that they will get back - nothing else has happened. I understand they might be waiting for the budget to appropriately price the new Thar.

Is there any way - that the new AC Kit be made available to existing Thar customers.

Last edited by carrot_eater : 15th March 2012 at 13:16.
Old 15th March 2012, 13:17   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Rajith - Thanks for sharing the pics - the workmanship looks great. One quick question - The rear windows - on the side- have they been covered with the insulating material as well?
Yes, side windows are covered with thermocol and pasted with window size rexin on top of the thermocol, to have clean look from outside thru OE lamination. Now drives with side mirrors.
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:00   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk.b View Post
I finally decided to take the plunge for the A/c with the We cool guys. Getting it done this saturday and I heard he is doing 1 more Thar tomorrow. Bangalore summer does not allow me to wait any longer for M&M and their overpriced mysterious A/c kit.
Hey there , could u tell me exactly where is we cool is in bangalore ?? thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks