Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 11:23   #241
BHPian

Re: Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshivaa View Post
If dealer fitted AC is available for 30K, I would be going for that. I have booked at Zulaikha motors .
Have you recieved your vehicle? Got the AC fitted? Any updates?
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:26   #242
BHPian

Not yet Lakshman. Expected date of delivery is Feb 9th. Mahindra website says vehicle has been shipped to dealer. So following up with dealer now. They don't seem to be much aware of Mahindra A/C; so as of now planning for aftermaket AC. Will update next week. Meanwhile, how is your vehicle doing ? Any pics of your Thar?
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:06   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet Lakshman. Expected date of delivery is Feb 9th. Mahindra website says vehicle has been shipped to dealer. So following up with dealer now. They don't seem to be much aware of Mahindra A/C; so as of now planning for aftermaket AC. Will update next week. Meanwhile, how is your vehicle doing ? Any pics of your Thar?
Congratulations on your Thar !!
Its a different once ur behind the wheel ;-)

THE MIGHTY THAR - FIRST SNOW DRIVE
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-img2012010801923.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-img2012010801931.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-img2012010801882.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd February 2012, 17:08   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your Thar !!
Its a different World once ur behind the wheel ;-)

THE MIGHTY THAR - FIRST SNOW DRIVE
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:35   #245
Senior - BHPian

That is one place where you do not need an AC, but a HEATER.

By the way, how did the Thar behave in the cold - starting, running etc.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:28   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
That is one place where you do not need an AC, but a HEATER.

By the way, how did the Thar behave in the cold - starting, running etc.
Dear Friend,
The Mighty Thar exceeded my expectations. Now I know what a “Jeep” actually means .
This was on a short trip to Mussoorie (Uttrakhand) and the Thar’s first snow drive. I was a little too cautious with the Thar in the beginning but later on it was just a child’s play. Believe me driving with the Bridgestone Duller HT I was pretty much comfortable on the snow. The vehicle on the first day of snow didn’t need 4X4 but on the day 2 the entire Thar was covered with snow (Picture in the previous post). In the morning every one told me it would not start and we would need to heat the tank a little to get it roaring.
Trusting on my Thar I just put in the keys, the heater light was on for about 10 seconds and there it was……… the engine started without any difficulty. I fell in love with it again ;-)
As Mussoorie received a record breaking snowfall after almost 40 years, we planned to stay another day and venture out on the steepest roads Mussoorie had to offer the Thar. We got lucky with the 4X4 Low and managed to pull out 2 Bolero’s and a Maruti Zen, who slipped off and got stuck due to the dew covered snow. I still remember the looks of the passerby’s, WOW !!
The experience would have been better if I had AT tyres. None the less the Duller were better on the highway run and indeed more stable considering the aerodynamics and the height of the vehicle.

Also, the heater is good but we did'nt use it much as having a softtop and getting out of the car each time for a pic was unreasonable. Fun trip !!
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-img2012010902008.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-img2012011002074.jpg  

Old 6th February 2012, 10:06   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
The Mighty Thar exceeded my expectations. Now I know what a “Jeep” actually means. We got lucky with the 4X4 Low and managed to pull out 2 Bolero’s and a Maruti Zen, who slipped off and got stuck due to the dew covered snow. I still remember the looks of the passerby’s, WOW !! The Duller were better on the highway run and indeed more stable considering the aerodynamics and the height of the vehicle.
Dear Davidashish - thanks for your kind words. Now we all know what a Jeep actually means. "The Mighty Thar Exceeded My Expectations", WOW! .

By writing this comment, you, as a customer, have recognized the highest level of customer centricity that we have achieved with this product. Thank you very much. You have made my day and my life.

I strongly suggest you read DKG's Thar thread where I have suggested numerous things. Please do as mentioned, your Thar will not only become more "Jeeplike", it will become a collector's item and also a brand!

Please don't change the tires, they are very much suitable for the vehicle. The driving dynamics are set for these tires.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:27   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Davidashish - thanks for your kind words. Now we all know what a Jeep actually means. "The Mighty Thar Exceeded My Expectations", WOW! .

By writing this comment, you, as a customer, have recognized the highest level of customer centricity that we have achieved with this product. Thank you very much. You have made my day and my life.

I strongly suggest you read DKG's Thar thread where I have suggested numerous things. Please do as mentioned, your Thar will not only become more "Jeeplike", it will become a collector's item and also a brand!

Please don't change the tires, they are very much suitable for the vehicle. The driving dynamics are set for these tires.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram,
Thank you for the guidance as i am too new to Team Bhp, suggestions are most needed. Last Sunday i almost got a good deal for my Duller tires which have done 10k, as every one i new wanted me to get AT fitted, they look handsome and meet the potential of an offroad, but something in me always felt the need of HT tires as most of the time i am on the highway, being Thar used as a daily commutation vehicle. I would request you to please pass me ur email id or email me at davidashish@gmail.com.

Cheers !
Old 9th February 2012, 12:34   #249
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Dear all - AC INSTALLATION IN THAR CRDE. I am giving herewith, guideline / preliminary information for dealer equipped AC installation procedure for Thar CRDe.

Please give your comments. I am attaching one photograph.
Dear Behram,
Could you please post some detailed pictures, as im lined up to get the a/c fitted. Keeping my fingers crossed as to all goes well.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th February 2012 at 17:51.
Old 11th February 2012, 10:57   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]

[B.D. on Thar CRDe's original BridgeStone Tyres]
Please don't change the tires, they are very much suitable for the vehicle. The driving dynamics are set for these tires....
B.D., I hope you mean 'Don't change the tyre size.' and not the brand. Bridgestone is not a quality tyre. Firestone had to change its name to Bridgestone awhile back because of many tyre failures resulting in low sales and law suits. Michelins of the same size are cheaper, rounder and better.

There are other tyre options, too, if they ever get this ISI business payed off,..errrr....settled.
Old 14th February 2012, 15:20   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
B.D., I hope you mean 'Don't change the tyre size.' and not the brand. Bridgestone is not a quality tyre. Firestone had to change its name to Bridgestone awhile back because of many tyre failures resulting in low sales and law suits. Michelins of the same size are cheaper, rounder and better. There are other tyre options, too, if they ever get this ISI business payed off,..errrr....settled.
Dear Ken - I would tend to disagree. There is a lot of work which gets done before a tire is approved for a particular application. Obviously, I cannot divulge details.

Dear Davidashish - please do not replace the tires of your vehicle, the driving dynamics will deteriorate.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 15th February 2012, 11:54   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Ken - I would tend to disagree. There is a lot of work which gets done before a tire is approved for a particular application. Obviously, I cannot divulge details.

Dear Davidashish - please do not replace the tires of your vehicle, the driving dynamics will deteriorate.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Okay....here's one little problem. There have been many others.

Firestone and Ford tire controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bridgestone/Firestone Tire Recall

Ford and Firestone (Bridgestone) kicked the blame around on this one for many months. Firestone lost millions and millions and finally had to change their name totally to try to recover sales. They also recalled 4.85 MILLION tyres at this juncture. That's a few! And, it's an admission of culpability.

Behram, I would like to know why "driving dynamics" would necessarily deteriorate if someone switches to another tyre of the same size on the Thar CRDe.
DirtyDan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 12:58   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Okay....here's one little problem. There have been many others.

Firestone and Ford tire controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bridgestone/Firestone Tire Recall

Ford and Firestone (Bridgestone) kicked the blame around on this one for many months. Firestone lost millions and millions and finally had to change their name totally to try to recover sales. They also recalled 4.85 MILLION tyres at this juncture. That's a few! And, it's an admission of culpability.

Behram, I would like to know why "driving dynamics" would necessarily deteriorate if someone switches to another tyre of the same size on the Thar CRDe.
To that point, I changed from stock to Yoko Geolander A/T and my ride is far far better than the OE tyres. My cornering capability and grip on all terrains is far far better than OE Bridgestone. and I am saying this after 5k clicks on OE tyres and around 15k on Yoko.

If asked, I would strongly advise any Thar buyer to change to better tyres for comfort and handling.

Berham sir, please clarify on what driving dynamics goes for toss?
BlackRaven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 23:06   #254
BHPian

Check the Annual Bangalore offroad event thread under the 4*4 section.I have seen a orange color Thar brought in by one Mr.Raveendra from Hyderabad, I guess to test the same. Had a quick chat with him on the first day of the event as he was behind us most of the time doing sector 1&2. I had checked with him on the performance and it seemed to be going well with very minimal squeaks/issues with the tough terrains tested out on day1. You can get in touch with him to have more details on this regard. Seems to me to be a very professional job.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-tharravhardtop.jpg  

Old 26th February 2012, 21:37   #255
BHPian

Quote:
The due date considering 45 days as you mention from your mail date of 16 January comes to 01 March 2012. I am eagerly waiting to see AC / hard top kits at the dealerships on that day.
01 March 2012 is right round the corner - Anybody has anymore information on the new AC kits for Thar ? Will they be available in the first week of March.

Carrot

Most Viewed