Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 14:03   #226
BHPian

Re: Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Hello kshivaa,

My Thar was delivered with a dealer installed A/C day before yesterday. Installation seems clean and the cooling quite effective. I was charged Rs. 30000 for it. Dealer was India Garage Santhome.
Lakshman, thanks for the update. If dealer fitted AC is available for 30K, I would be going for that. I have booked at Zulaikha motors - let me check with them on the AC. In the meantime, can you confirm that it is the M&M approved kit, and with fans? Also, regarding moving the intercooler that others are talking ? Will PM you sometime. Would like to meet up with you and see if there are any mods we could do. Expecting mine on the 20th.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:35   #227
BHPian

Hi kshivaa,

I've answered your questions in my previous post #225.
Congrats on the purchase.
I like the Thar stock and dont plan on any mods as of now. But sure lets meet up once you recieve your vehicle.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:46   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Hello Rajith

Will try to take some pictures this evening and post them for you. As I can see from outside, 2 fans have been fitted above the intercooler. It looks just like the picture posted in the first page, at the end of Mr. Behrams's post.
Control panel has not been changed in anyway. The red light in the centre stays on as long as the compressor is running.

Carrot Eater,

Yes it is the approved kit. No new grill and nothing has been moved. There is no longer a heater option. Its only A/C. I'll be in Bangalore this weekend so we could get in touch if you would like to have a look at my car.
Hello Lakshman,
I suppose your kit is the very intital one, which was supplied w/o the front grill assy and heater was not incoperated..They might have moved the intercooler down.
I think if we want ASC AC we should stick to the latest verssion which is having heater option and new gril assy , w/o touching the intercooler part.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:07   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hello Lakshman,
I suppose your kit is the very intital one, which was supplied w/o the front grill assy and heater was not incoperated..They might have moved the intercooler down.
I think if we want ASC AC we should stick to the latest verssion which is having heater option and new gril assy , w/o touching the intercooler part.
Hey,

Recently at the Auto Expo2012, great news popped up. Mahindra is launching a Aircon Kit and a Hardtop for the THAR in another 45 days. To be fitted by the dealer, thus maintaing the warranty.

Cheers !!
Old 16th January 2012, 19:16   #230
BHPian

Hi,

Any idea of what could be the price of the Aircon? Is it going to be the same 50K as now or any reduction in price expected?

thanks
Siva
Old 17th January 2012, 11:40   #231
Senior - BHPian

Should be lower, as a few replacement parts are not required for factory fitting. Then again the cascading effect of excise, sales tax, road tax and insurance will make it more expensive.

So the incremental cost for the ex-factory will be lower, but on the road higher.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:11   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Hey, Recently at the Auto Expo2012, great news popped up. Mahindra is launching a Aircon Kit and a Hardtop for the THAR in another 45 days. To be fitted by the dealer, thus maintaing the warranty. Cheers !!
Dear Davidashish - wow, this is indeed great news! The due date considering 45 days as you mention from your mail date of 16 January comes to 01 March 2012. I am eagerly waiting to see AC / hard top kits at the dealerships on that day. By the way, I can understand hard top fitment at dealerships, but would factory equipped AC not be a better option?

Best regards,

Behram dhabhar
Old 18th January 2012, 18:29   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Davidashish - wow, this is indeed great news! The due date considering 45 days as you mention from your mail date of 16 January comes to 01 March 2012. I am eagerly waiting to see AC / hard top kits at the dealerships on that day. By the way, I can understand hard top fitment at dealerships, but would factory equipped AC not be a better option?

Best regards,

Behram dhabhar
Dear Behram,
Indeed i would be the best option but considering the price factor, i was told it would cost around 55k ex-Delhi. I wonder if M&M has done their bit of R&D considering the plastic quality they offer. All said and done ive loving the Thar experience especially using it as a daily transport vehicle in Delhi ;-) Its simply Awesome.
Old 19th January 2012, 10:05   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Behram, Indeed it would be the best option but considering the price factor, i was told it would cost around 55k ex-Delhi. I wonder if M&M has done their bit of R&D considering the plastic quality they offer. All said and done i am loving the Thar experience especially using it as a daily transport vehicle in Delhi, its simply Awesome.
Dear Davidashish - thanks for your gracious comment in the last sentence, you have made my day. As far as other things go, let's wait for 01 March, the date committed to you. I eagerly await the result.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 19th January 2012, 11:18   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Davidashish - thanks for your gracious comment in the last sentence, you have made my day. As far as other things go, let's wait for 01 March, the date committed to you. I eagerly await the result.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Bro,

Do post pics of the Thar ;-)
Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-dsc06729.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-dsc06734.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-dsc06741.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-dsc06751.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-dsc06772.jpg  

Old 19th January 2012, 16:08   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Do post pics of the Thar ;-)
Finally the FF AC is announced - I really do hope we'll have the Kit at the dealers in the first week of March - right before the Great Indian Summer starts. I've been waiting for this for the last 6 months now.

And davidashish - you should start an ownership thread - would be fun to read your experiences with the Thar with lot of pictures.
carrot_eater is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 16:16   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Finally the FF AC is announced - I really do hope we'll have the Kit at the dealers in the first week of March - right before the Great Indian Summer starts. I've been waiting for this for the last 6 months now.

And davidashish - you should start an ownership thread - would be fun to read your experiences with the Thar with lot of pictures.
Thats a great idea ! ill start working on it.
do join me on G+ (davidashish@gmail.com)
Old 20th January 2012, 17:44   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bro, Do post pics of the Thar. Cheers !

Dear Davidashish - for your viewing pleasure.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-image047.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-image054.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-16032010339.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-160320101009.jpg  

Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar-_2006839.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 18:50   #239
Senior - BHPian

@DB Sir:

The wonderful vehicle with the wonderful pics have sad TYRES - WISH we get better FF AT tires atleast.

Have seen a few THAR CRDe perform this side of town.

NVH Great if one is coming from the MM5x0 background.
GC - cat con scraps most of the time
Good power at higher engine speeds, but unable to crawl and climb though plenty of torque available in 4L-1 or 4L-2

A FF Diff Lock or atleast LSD like the 550s would do wonders for the vehicle!

I'm debating between a CRDe and a DI still!

EDIT: Can you explain how we can adjust the front IFS Torsion bar for better articulation?
Old 21st January 2012, 11:25   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@DB Sir: The wonderful vehicle with the wonderful pics have sad TYRES - WISH we get better AT tires atleast. I'm debating between a CRDe and a DI still!
Dear Vikram - thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, CMVR will not allow the tyres you want. Changing after purchase is the only way.

CRDe or DI? Its a no brainer. My choice is of course CRDe. DI with 3.73:1? No way! It should be at least 4.88:1 for serious offroading.

By the way, you would have seen the silver Boleros of the M&M service teams (Naresh Bhosle's guys) during the Great Escapes. They are all converted from 3.73:1 to 4.88:1 axle ratio. . They are a pain to drive on the road but once off the road, they go just about anywhere!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks