Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 12:33   #256
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

can a 31X10.5 R16 mount on the Thar wheels (stock) without rubbing ??
or probably after market alloy wheels (Neo)
Old 25th July 2012, 20:36   #257

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Hi all.

I had booked my thar only a week ago. But to my surprise, yesterday I got a call from Arun (sales) and he gave me a great news about a thar which is readily available. Since I was the only one waiting for a white one, this was expected he says. it seems it is the first white thar booked in karnataka.
I spend the whole day dreaming about the thar and its fitments! Today morning i get a call from Arun, and he says " Sir, there is a small hiccup, I'd like to talk to you in person."
I sense trouble because i always believe that if something is too good to be true..it isnt!

when i went to India Garage today, I was informed that they have got new accessories for the thar and they wanted to fit them all up on a stock thar and keep it for display. This thar, happens to be the white one, which i was told...was MINE! the jeep had already been taken to the garage n the fitments have been started without informing me.
i spoke to the manager who said, the compnay has decided to sell all the thars with these fitments as standard from now on. i complained that this wasnt informed to me when i booked the car. how could u have retrospective rules?! the price of the entire kit was told to be around 1.25-1.35 lacs. and it dont even include alloys! I lost my cool, and told him that I booked just the jeep and its my choice whether i want to go for the accessories. they cant force a customer to buy their products! He said its ok and promised me that the fitting would be stopped immediately. i informed him that if i liked the new bumpers, i'll be glad to take only them, but nothing else..since it was all a little too expensive from the other garages. i go back to work smiling. i thought the problem was solved and i can now go back to dreaming about my thar.
I was so wrong! i get a call again saying that, the fitment is already started without the sales managers knowledge! i then speak to the DGM, who was kind enough to apologize for their mistake. It so happens that their company management had decided to display this thar with all the works 4-5 days ago. The overzealous sales guy didn know this and he called me up informing me about a readily available thar! the total misinformation caused me a lot of agony. seems the thar is fully decked up now. The DGM has asked me to take a look at the fully loaded thar and let him know if i was still keen on taking it.
I am restless and cant wait for 3 months for another one! but at the same time..1.25-1.35 lacs is too much a price i guess.
i really hope i like what i see tomorrow (fingers crossed). i'd love to take a pic and share it with all you guys.
good night and God bless.
Old 25th July 2012, 22:03   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spitfire View Post
Hi all.

I had booked my thar only a week ago. But to my surprise, yesterday I got a call from Arun (sales) and he gave me a great news about a thar which is readily available. Since I was the only one waiting for a white one, this was expected he says. it seems it is the first white thar booked in karnataka.
I spend the whole day dreaming about the thar and its fitments! Today morning i get a call from Arun, and he says " Sir, there is a small hiccup, I'd like to talk to you in person."
I sense trouble because i always believe that if something is too good to be true..it isnt!
Hmmm first white Thar in Karnataka ? not sure abt that, since I have one in the garage already. booked abt 2 months back. and I am pretty sure there was atleast one before that in Bangalore, as I have seen one.

The funny thing was, when I wanted to book white color CRDE, I was told its not available, I then pointed out the brochure, then the sales guy scratched his head, and commented the brochure info may be wrong, and it is yet to be available from Mahindra, then upon my insistence, he asked his manager, called up someone, and said, yes its available for booking.
Amazing dealer training, I guess.

I was told that I will get the vehicle in 5 weeks, which was then revised many times over. and early last week got it.

inbetween I was told there are issues in factory, as production is slow, supply related issues, no idea whats going on, its likely to get invoiced out of the factory next week, its shipped, but not sure when it will be available for delivery, not sure if its been delivered by truck or driven from dharwad to Bangalore, the list went on..
Old 26th July 2012, 10:57   #259
BHPian

Mahindra is just exploiting customers. I have said it earlier and I am saying it now and will probably continue saying for a long time to come. My Thar is the last of the Mahindra's I will ever have. But the good news is that this customer exploitation will not go on forever! The news of Chrysler bringing Jeep to India is going to be a reality sooner than you thought. So guys at Mahindra get back to selling whatever you specialize in - a substandard farm equipment with a hefty price tag!
Old 27th July 2012, 09:58   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. I had booked my thar only a week ago. But to my surprise, yesterday I got a call from Arun (sales) and he gave me a great news about a thar which is readily available. Since I was the only one waiting for a white one, this was expected he says. it seems it is the first white thar booked in karnataka. I spend the whole day dreaming about the thar and its fitments! Today morning i get a call from Arun, and he says " Sir, there is a small hiccup, I'd like to talk to you in person." I sense trouble because i always believe that if something is too good to be true..it isnt!

when i went to India Garage today, I was informed that they have got new accessories for the thar and they wanted to fit them all up on a stock thar and keep it for display. This thar, happens to be the white one, which i was told...was MINE! the jeep had already been taken to the garage n the fitments have been started without informing me.
i spoke to the manager who said, the compnay has decided to sell all the thars with these fitments as standard from now on. i complained that this wasnt informed to me when i booked the car. how could u have retrospective rules?! the price of the entire kit was told to be around 1.25-1.35 lacs. and it dont even include alloys! I lost my cool, and told him that I booked just the jeep and its my choice whether i want to go for the accessories. they cant force a customer to buy their products! He said its ok and promised me that the fitting would be stopped immediately. i informed him that if i liked the new bumpers, i'll be glad to take only them, but nothing else..since it was all a little too expensive from the other garages. i go back to work smiling. i thought the problem was solved and i can now go back to dreaming about my thar.
I was so wrong! i get a call again saying that, the fitment is already started without the sales managers knowledge! i then speak to the DGM, who was kind enough to apologize for their mistake. It so happens that their company management had decided to display this thar with all the works 4-5 days ago. The overzealous sales guy didn know this and he called me up informing me about a readily available thar! the total misinformation caused me a lot of agony. seems the thar is fully decked up now. The DGM has asked me to take a look at the fully loaded thar and let him know if i was still keen on taking it. I am restless and cant wait for 3 months for another one! but at the same time..1.25-1.35 lacs is too much a price i guess. i really hope i like what i see tomorrow (fingers crossed). i'd love to take a pic and share it with all you guys.
good night and God bless.
Dear Dr.Spitfire - I am not surprised. Maybe some self professed big shot is coming to the dealership and somebody wants to "shine marao" to fill his yearly performance chart for activity completed. Very normal and repetitive. .

Just take another vehicle even if you have to wait, that's all. After all, you are paying, you are the customer so you must get exactly what you want in the color that you want and nothing else. Period.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 14:24   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Dr.Spitfire - I am not surprised. Maybe some self professed big shot is coming to the dealership and somebody wants to "shine marao" to fill his yearly performance chart for activity completed. Very normal and repetitive. .

Just take another vehicle even if you have to wait, that's all. After all, you are paying, you are the customer so you must get exactly what you want in the color that you want and nothing else. Period.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dearest Behram Sir,
Thank you very much for your comments. The whole waiting period is really a pain in the rear since, i caught this jeep bug just recently. and i have been itching to get one asap! i have patiently read all your posts on the thar and also would like to thank Bopanna's reviews too.
I went to the bodyshop yesterday and to be honest i loved the fitments. The total comes up to 1.17L. Today i took the plunge and told them that Im ready to take the thar. I absolutely loved what i saw!
I'll create a new thread just to show you the pics. Please be kind enough to let me know if there is anything i should add on apart from what i have in mind.
Many Thanks!
Old 27th July 2012, 15:53   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dearest Behram Sir, Thank you very much for your comments. The whole waiting period is really a pain in the rear since, i caught this jeep bug just recently. and i have been itching to get one asap! i have patiently read all your posts on the thar and also would like to thank Bopanna's reviews too. I went to the bodyshop yesterday and to be honest i loved the fitments. The total comes up to 1.17L. Today i took the plunge and told them that Im ready to take the thar. I absolutely loved what i saw! I'll create a new thread just to show you the pics. Please be kind enough to let me know if there is anything i should add on apart from what i have in mind. Many Thanks!
Dear Dr.Spitfire - well, if you like what you see, go ahead and buy it. I await the photographs. I hope that you see that there is value in your purchase, please ensure without deviation.

What is a little disturbing is your comment, and I quote - "I spoke to the manager who said, the compnay has decided to sell all the Thars with these fitments as standard from now on". Although I do not take such information at face value, I feel that the customer must be given the choice to buy only what he wants.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 27th July 2012, 16:51   #263

Dearest Behram Sir,
Yes, I was shocked out of my wits and I told him the same! I told him that the customer has to have the right to choose. I asked the sales guy if the owner wishes to put his ancestors picture in all the jeeps, is the customer liable to keep it...just because the company has decided it??!
Another sales guy, whom I dont wish to name, said that the management had decided to push the accessory sales. That is just the reason why they were forcing it on me.
Another real painful part is that I would be paying 1.17L and it doesnt include alloys! beat that!! Me and my dad were very vocal about that.
I know that im being really hasty in buying it the way the company wishes me to..but im just too keen to get the thar home! Apart from the roof carrier, everything else is just what I wanted, Hopefully the mods would be kind enough to edit the pics and upload it by the end of the day.
kindest regards,
Dr. Arun
Old 28th July 2012, 09:13   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dearest Behram Sir, I asked the sales guy if the owner wishes to put his ancestors picture in all the jeeps, is the customer liable to keep it, just because the company has decided it??!
Another sales guy, whom I dont wish to name, said that the management had decided to push the accessory sales. That is just the reason why they were forcing it on me. kindest regards, Dr. Arun
Dear Dr.Arun - this is one of the most ridiculous ways I am seeing being used, to meet somebody's yearly target. Please note that in the factory situation (Original Equipment or OE), we go through a lot of effort to ensure that when the vehicle leaves the gate, it is what it should be. As soon as the vehicle is out of the gate, various activities happen to it which are completely beyond any reasonable control. Accessories is one of them. This is a generic issue and it affects almost all vehicles. Therefore, in my opinion, please take a very measured and conscious call. You are spending more than a lakh of rupees. Please ensure that you get real value for every rupee that you spend. Finally it is your vehicle, so it is your call.

On your previous query - "please be kind enough to let me know if there is anything I should add on apart from what I have in mind", please refer my comments in DKG's thar thread. I have given absolutely everything that should be done to the vehicle after purchase. That is real value and you will end up spending much less. The vehicle will also look better.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 11:17   #265
BHPian

Any ideas whether this can be used to do a body lift on the Thar CRDe

Body Lift Kit 2" 912

Since we cannot do much witht he suspension other than the torsion adjustment . . a body lift should do good as well.

Any ideas guys
Old 5th August 2012, 06:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the bodyshop yesterday and to be honest i loved the fitments. The total comes up to 1.17L. Today i took the plunge and told them that Im ready to take the thar. I absolutely loved what i saw!
Congrats on the Thar Dr. Arun. White on a Thar will look great. Can you please share the on-road price of the new Thar and what you had to pay after the fitments. Enjoy the Jeep experience.
Old 9th August 2012, 20:30   #267
BHPian

BEHRAM SIR and Members,

What are the best Shoes and Socks for the Thar? Are Yoko Geo 255 and GT 16" ok?

Awaiting your reply. A bit jittery, in all probabilities will be a Thar owner by tomorrow.

Also, in the Expedition Kit, do you have to buy the entire kit or is it pick and choose?

Await your reply.
Old 9th August 2012, 22:01   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
BEHRAM SIR and Members,

----Also, in the Expedition Kit, do you have to buy the entire kit or is it pick and choose?

Await your reply.
You can pick and choose the parts!
Old 10th August 2012, 06:30   #269
BHPian

Hail Mary!!!
I book one and get ready to embark on a journey and I hear this!!!!

Mahindra To Launch Vastly Improved Thar | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

@Vinod Nookala and Mahindra Team - Upgrades are a part of life and that of any product. However, please try and keep the already existing owners in mind when you do so. Not withstanding design limitations, when you plan the upgrade try and offer it as a AT COST-exchange-Dealer/Workshop fitment to the existing users. We will bless you and keep faith in you!!!

I had mentioned in an early post in this thread, unlike like potatoes or milk, which you buy everyday, vehicles is something you buy once in every 3/5 years. Many of us put the everyday DAL ROTI at stake to live up to our dreams. Dont shatter them!!

Yours truly.
Old 10th August 2012, 09:32   #270
BHPian

Great news indeed !!

@ Vinod Nookala , a lot of people are " ready to embark on the journey" and hope you guys are going to iron out most of the stuff .

Please the hand brake and the locks .............a remote fuel lid opening ......

The competition is also getting heated up somewhere and we as customers sincerely hope for the best .

Cheers !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks