Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 11:33   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
BD sir, After getting the quote from ASC i have dropped the idea of break upgradation and decided to drive safe and save money in fuel..
Dear Rajith and all - good decision. I have driven 521 with single pot caliper. In RWUP (Real World Usage Pattern) evaluation, you have to anticipate a little early, that's all. However, after changeover, brakes were superb.

As we (I am also a potential customer) pushed the system for AC and got it, now push the system for brakes and get it. This is the real "customer-centric" way.

Dear Vinod - hey man! just tell OK for brake upgradation to Nasik naa! They will go through Ramayana and Mahabharata but they will do it. It is just one CMVR re-certification amendment + inventory management across models, that's all! Kya yaar! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 11:33   #242
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer

I wish the proposed braking system is incorporated in teh production model. I wouldnt mind paying a small markup for better braking. As for safety features. It would have been nice to see Airbags atleast for driver as standard fitment if not for passengers as well. Even the Wrangler has airbags, Abs etc as standard. I know argubly they cost thrice as much as the Thar but, im sure there are people out there who wouldnt mind buying these as options if made avaiable.

Just my 2 cents.

Another question.. why did the creators of the Thar go the IFS way. A simple yet tired and tested option as below which I have on my 97 XJ Cherokee..would have been brilliant
Attached Thumbnails
Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!-cherokee_xj_suspension.jpg  

Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!-alignment01.jpg  

ad1329 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 16:03   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear ad1329 and all - you have asked the question which many BHPians had asked before (and some of them were quite emphatic about it! ).

I am attaching a photograph of a Thar prototype vehicle with NEF engine with a rigid axle, executed on the NG chassis platform. Please see the absolutely inadequate clearance between the cylinder block and the axle assembly. During jounce (axle movement towards engine), the axle will hit the engine and break it. It is that simple. This is the main reason why IFS was introduced. Also, IFS provides better suspension performance characteristics, which has also been proved on this forum many times by actual customers. Also, this project was executed on the common platform strategy, a majority of parts of Thar CRDe are common with Scorpio and Bolero. I hope this clarifies.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!-img_2721.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:02   #244
BHPian

Dear All

Attached is a catalogue from Mahindra Customization for the Thar Expedition!

It sure makes for some interesting viewing!!

Bopanna
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thar Expedition Kit.pdf (968.1 KB, 2812 views)
cpbopanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:49   #245
BANNED

Roll over bar shown in the catalogue seems not SA ones. I Will try to post pics soon.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 10:23   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Dear All

Bopanna
Thanks for sharing this Bopanna. Really interestig reading. Should have read this earlier. I went out and ordered parts for my thar from a dealer in bangalore who has a higher markup than those mentioned on this list.

Hopefully my Thar should arrive on the 29th of this month as promised by the dealers.

Anyhow will still need to figure out how to increase the ground clearance as i need to install 31X16 rubbers on the Thar. Also need advise on the best wheel width to install without rubbing the inner fenders etc
Old 8th July 2012, 10:01   #247
BHPian

Honestly disappointing service from Muktar Auto, Goa. I booked the Thar on the 27th of April. I got an SMS from M&M saying that the Thar was of fthe production line and has been dispatched to the dealers in Goa for delivery which is the 10th of July. I spoke to the dealers and they said that they do have a shipment of cars coming in in July but the cars arriving are not for me. According to their schedule I have my delivery slotted for mid September !!!

I know this is off topic but if anyone could give me any leads on who to bring this upto in M&M would appreciate it. I have written to the customer service but thats like

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:37   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All

Bopanna
Great upload, thanks. Can these items be ordered online somewhere ?? My local dealer is not even aware of these accessories. Is it possible to order the vehicle with these selected accessories factory fitted or is this just a dealer option ??

Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 14:41   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhatesmyguts View Post
Great upload, thanks. Can these items be ordered online somewhere ?? My local dealer is not even aware of these accessories. Is it possible to order the vehicle with these selected accessories factory fitted or is this just a dealer option ??

Thanks
These can be ordered at the Mahindra dealerships, I in fact, got the soft copy from India Garage, Bangalore.

No, you cannot order for a vehicle with all these accessories factory-fitted, else how would they make money in selling these as dealer options?
Old 17th July 2012, 16:03   #250

Quote:
These can be ordered at the Mahindra dealerships, I in fact, got the soft copy from India Garage, Bangalore.
Spoke to Sireesh Motors Bangalore but they are unaware about these dealer options. I am interested in taking a look at certain items especially the console and its fitment. Can you share the contact at India Garage.

Thanks much!
Old 17th July 2012, 17:34   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - your comments clearly indicate lack of product clarity at the dealerships, which is not surprising. "Somebody" needs to be allowed to come out of filling forms / attending meetings / mailing information to HO and do some real / effective work. Easier said than done, it's all too tightly sewn up! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th July 2012, 17:51   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk.b View Post
Spoke to Sireesh Motors Bangalore but they are unaware about these dealer options. I am interested in taking a look at certain items especially the console and its fitment. Can you share the contact at India Garage.

Thanks much!
Please contact Mr. Chandrashekar/Mr. Prashanth in the Accessory Section of India Garage, they are very helpful.

In fact, they have received a full set of accessories ready to fitted on a Thar - to show case a Thar Expedition!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 11:54   #253
BHPian

Hi fellow jeepers. Has anyone able to source and fit the black machined alloys mentioned in the brochure. It says that they are wider than original. If it is true then I can just change the tyres to AT and not lose warranty( for using wider non OE rims)
Attached Thumbnails
Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!-brochure-alloys.jpeg  

Updated Mahindra Thar in 2-3 months. EDIT : Launched with Air-Con and immobilizer!-brochure-alloy.png  

Old 19th July 2012, 11:49   #254
Senior - BHPian

The alloy shown in brocuher is Neo wheel claw Black Machined, this is not an standard option, the showrooms might be selling these from their accessories counter.

Here is the link for the ready reference:

Welcome to Neo Wheels - India's No. 1 Official Brand in India
Old 19th July 2012, 20:25   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
The alloy shown in brocuher is Neo wheel claw Black Machined, this is not an standard option, the showrooms might be selling these from their accessories counter.

Here is the link for the ready reference:

Welcome to Neo Wheels - India's No. 1 Official Brand in India
Thanks a lot bandhav. I was just asking because the alloys are mentioned in the official accessories brochure of Mahindra. It also says that the alloys are wider. I was thinking on the lines of not losing warranty if i fit these "official rims".
The manufacturers are very strict on modifications and I heard that except stickers and superficial changes(steering cover, seat cover, foot mats) any modification voids warranty and the company can deny any future claims.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks