Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 12:53   #16
BHPian

Re: MM550 XD NGCS - The War Horse

Congrats Sreejesh on acquiring a wonderful Jeep. Man, This one is a keeper!!
So, now I see the reason behind selling your old Jeep!!
I am all eyes and ears into this thread and hope to get to drive it once you have restored it.

OT: Have PM'ed Jerrycan about the auction on the 7th December and he was more than welcoming to help me. If I am not going overseas by then I will definitely go for a NGCS 550XD. And if I do happen to acquire one, I know that the horse power of help from stalwarts like Mr.BD, Spikey, Arka, you, prabhu and many more is always available on the tap of a button on my cellphone. Believe me, I am reading the 4x4 section a full 8 hours in my office everyday and I still know only a bit!
Old 19th November 2012, 14:22   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tini and all - thanks for your wonderful comments. We must also thank my the then Boss Mr.M.V.Venkateswaran who spearheaded the project, Ravi Deshmukh of chassis design group of M&M + Steve Styles and Paul Bennington of a "Company in the midlands area of England" who "helped out". I was also a part of the project team. The NGCS was engineered on the Armada platform (105.5" WB), the first 10 Armadas were made on 10 December 1997 in Nasik plant, then it came on the Armada Grand with the XD3/BA10, then it spread to the vehicle internally known as "Armada Deluxe" with independent front suspension for the first time, this vehicle was cristened as "Bolero". The rest is history. It spread it's wings to the MM platform (95.5" WB) when the first NGCS army vehicles were made and supplied after 2004. It then came on the "Mahindra Legend" in 2006. The legacy continues in the Thar CRDe. The Thar DI has a different chassis, as it is a continuation of the CL550MDI chassis to match the weight to qualify for meeting emission norms in its category.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,
Is this a test mule??. XDP3 + NGT520 seems to be a unknown combination.Please shed some light please..
Old 19th November 2012, 14:43   #18
BHPian

Sreejesh sir,
Spoke to Prabhu and he was telling me that your one true hard core Jeeper. Congrats on your new project and given the specifications and the team around you, I think its going to legendary. Good luck.
Old 19th November 2012, 14:46   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
Ah I learn a new thing everyday! I didn't know there were army jeeps that had LSD on both diffs. I only knew about the rear diff having LSD...
Army 550 non ngcs version is having LSD only at rear, Front LSD is the creation by sreejesh him self on his earlier non MM550.
Old 19th November 2012, 15:04   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Sir, Is this a test mule??. XDP3 + NGT520 seems to be a unknown combination.Please shed some light please..
Dear Rajith - yes, it is a test mule. I checked. Very few were made, I don't know what the exact quantity was. The guys who made them have also retired. The floor panels were laser cut. Need to find out what the axle ratio is, NGT520 should not get overloaded with the antics that "you guys" are used to doing! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 20:16   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Sir,
Is this a test mule??. XDP3 + NGT520 seems to be a unknown combination.Please shed some light please..
Post 2006 NGCS comes with XD3P + NGT520. Basically Mahindra Legend Spec. There is one in Bangalore as well.
Old 19th November 2012, 20:35   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Post 2006 NGCS comes with XD3P + NGT520. Basically Mahindra Legend Spec. There is one in Bangalore as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - yes, it is a test mule.
DB Sir, I saw one in Thirunalveli as well.
Old 20th November 2012, 09:26   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
DB Sir, I saw one in Thirunalveli as well.
guys,

Legend was DI turbo + NGT 520 4wd, which is THAR DI spec.

MM550 NGCS came with XD3P + KMT90/BA 10 then with NGT530, which is a improved version of BA10.

XD3P / Scorpio Engines was mated with BA10 then to NGT530 series.

I have changed my XD3P Bolero gear box assy to NGT530 from BA10 in 2006 due hi meshing noise of BA10 after doing 2Lac KMs in BOLERO GLX.

Sreejesh is having a rare breed.

Last edited by Rajith : 20th November 2012 at 09:30.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 14:18   #24
BHPian

Congrats Sreejesh! Sure it will be another Legend once you finish the complete works. I'm also dreaming and looking for the same spec. to keep for ever.

Where is the work going on? Want to c thisone once am in calicut.
Old 20th November 2012, 20:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
Congrats Sreejesh on acquiring a wonderful Jeep. Man, This one is a keeper!!
So, now I see the reason behind selling your old Jeep!!
I am all eyes and ears into this thread and hope to get to drive it once you have restored it.

OT: Have PM'ed Jerrycan about the auction on the 7th December and he was more than welcoming to help me. If I am not going overseas by then I will definitely go for a NGCS 550XD. And if I do happen to acquire one, I know that the horse power of help from stalwarts like Mr.BD, Spikey, Arka, you, prabhu and many more is always available on the tap of a button on my cellphone. Believe me, I am reading the 4x4 section a full 8 hours in my office everyday and I still know only a bit!
Jerrycan is the guy behind this Jeep too He can get very good jeeps I don't know the secret behind his findings But he finds the best. Better You go overseas and buy a good winch & locker then come back & buy an NGCS hope will be available easily by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
Sreejesh sir,
Spoke to Prabhu and he was telling me that your one true hard core Jeeper. Congrats on your new project and given the specifications and the team around you, I think its going to legendary. Good luck.
Me and dhanush is coming to Coimbathur this week Hope we can meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Congrats Sreejesh! Sure it will be another Legend once you finish the complete works. I'm also dreaming and looking for the same spec. to keep for ever.

Where is the work going on? Want to c thisone once am in calicut.
Tinkering and basic Mechanical work is doing at Areacode (My home town) and the full Mechanical job is doing by My main Mech,but after the registration.
Old 20th November 2012, 20:47   #26
BHPian

Sreejesh , you have bought an NGCS , what is the advantage you feel you will have over your old Jeep, what was the practical limiting factor for the C section chassis, how will the NGCS be better practically OFFROAD?
Old 20th November 2012, 21:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Sreejesh , you have bought an NGCS , what is the advantage you feel you will have over your old Jeep, what was the practical limiting factor for the C section chassis, how will the NGCS be better practically OFFROAD?
Sandeep, I still don't understand what is the disadvantage of NGCS over the old C section Chassis except the easy repair, Hammer,cut,weld.Is there any practical limiting factor for NGCS chassis which we can't overcome, Why NGCS is not practical in OFFROAD?
Old 20th November 2012, 23:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Frankenstein, IMO, there is no real advantage off-road in its stock form. But, the real point of an NGCS is that, it is a much better platform to build your dream off roader. Be it powerful engine, or whatever..

Its my personal opinion formed just over the last year.
Old 21st November 2012, 19:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Tinkering and basic Mechanical work is doing at Areacode (My home town) and the full Mechanical job is doing by My main Mech,but after the registration.
Hi Sreejesh,

Sure I will give you a visit in my next vacationto c this horse in flesh. I used to pass through Areecode frequently on my way to Ugrapuram (Alukkal) to visit my sis.

Sadiq.
Old 21st November 2012, 22:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
Sandeep, I still don't understand what is the disadvantage of NGCS over the old C section Chassis except the easy repair, Hammer,cut,weld.Is there any practical limiting factor for NGCS chassis which we can't overcome, Why NGCS is not practical in OFFROAD?
Sreejesh sir, i dont know , hence i asked you.

So what made you choose the NGCS chassis,
Onroad handling?
Can take a bigger heavier engine?
Tuff suspension?
Did the C section chassis break?
Did the old suspension break?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks