Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
But with a BSIII there is so much electronics below the snorkel line, the snorkel is a moot point. The electronics will short out long before the engine starts taking water.
That is the case even with the Humvee, then! The Electronics is supposed to be all sealed up well.
And a snorkel is not only for fording streams but also because the dust ingress (into the air filter) with a snorkel is dramatically reduced in dusty terrain.
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
the gurkha looks BEAUTIFUL. Much better than mine. The power steering problem is a common one. It needs to be adjusted so that it is a bit harder to turn at low speeds ( just a bit ) but will give a stable feel at high speeds.
I face the same power steering problem with my Bolero.
Is there a solution and who in Bangalore can do it?

-- Torqy
Old 23rd November 2007, 21:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I face the same power steering problem with my Bolero.
Is there a solution and who in Bangalore can do it?

-- Torqy
I would suggest M&M. Ask the service centre to reduce the assist. There usually is a single screw adjustment.
Old 23rd November 2007, 22:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I would suggest M&M. Ask the service centre to reduce the assist. There usually is a single screw adjustment.
Thanks Anup.
I'm gonna try that in the next service.
Old 24th November 2007, 02:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
That is the case even with the Humvee, then! The Electronics is supposed to be all sealed up well.
And a snorkel is not only for fording streams but also because the dust ingress (into the air filter) with a snorkel is dramatically reduced in dusty terrain.
The U.S. Army Humvee has sealed electronics. I have seen it ford streams with water up to the windshield. I do not know about the H2 civilian "wannabe" (want to be).

But the other thing about the humvee, it ain't light. Could be the AWD, weight distribution, electronic slip sensors and tires are so good it just does not matter in this case.
Old 24th November 2007, 18:49   #66
BHPian

Missed this thread because of I was on the road...

As usual, Nice review and nice pictures Samurai!

Some comments compared to my Trax 4WD (which is not called Gamma for whatever reason) that was delivered about 6 months back ( I had given up waiting for Gurkha)..
  1. The body looks like someone hammered it here and there to bring to shape/form instead of using machine press - is the effect of black color and picture? My white one looks well pressed..
  2. The seats and interiors are as rrnss pointed out, about 10 years ahead of mine and seems Force is entering the 80s at l(e)ast..Hope it is not just the lighter color that makes it look better.
  3. Even my manual steering is a bit vague over 70 but I attributed it to my lack of experience in driving and normally drive under. The vehicle is fun to drive, despite its size. I got used to the manual version.
  4. The gear levers, dials/console are exactly the same, no improvement. Of course I dont have AC.
  5. Pleasantly surprised to hear from Samurai the ride quality is better than his GV. I have not had a chance to compare with higher quality vehicles on same roads, so this is nice to hear
  6. The wheel caps are nicer
How noisy is the engine (BSIII)? Mine the BSII is a factory and I should throw away the ICE. I am told it gets smoother after first oil change, waiting for that to happen since it is run about 6500km now. May be we only get used to it.
Old 26th November 2007, 00:11   #67
BHPian

Thanks for the write - up once again and the Trax has gone out of the window of my buying opportunities.
Old 26th November 2007, 19:56   #68

Quote:
samurai > actually you can get it with a/c , p/s and diff locks. Yes no snorkel. You are right.

But with a BSIII there is so much electronics below the snorkel line, the snorkel is a moot point. The electronics will short out long before the engine starts taking water.
If this is the case then why do pictures of the new Gurkha Black Beauty (soft top 2005 with a BSIII engine - TD2600 FTI Direct Injection Turbocharged and Intercooled unit with EGR n Oxycat)that I have seen in the brochure show a Gurkha fording thro' a rivulet with water reaching upto the top level of the wheel arches...

I dont know how to attach pictures to this message so if someone is interested to see the picture..please tell me how to do it..
Old 26th November 2007, 20:32   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victa_OR_Bolero View Post
I dont know how to attach pictures to this message so if someone is interested to see the picture..please tell me how to do it..
Read this for details.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:52   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If this is the case then why do pictures of the new Gurkha Black Beauty (soft top 2005 with a BSIII engine - TD2600 FTI Direct Injection Turbocharged and Intercooled unit with EGR n Oxycat)that I have seen in the brochure show a Gurkha fording thro' a rivulet with water reaching upto the top level of the wheel arches...
Is this the one? template(force)1
Old 26th November 2007, 20:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
with water reaching upto the top level of the wheel arches...
I don't think so. Top of the wheel arches is what he says.
Old 26th November 2007, 21:01   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Read this for details.

Thanks Rudra Sen,

Here is the image of the New Gurkha Black Beauty with a BSIII engine fording a rivulet...

Last edited by Samurai : 26th November 2007 at 21:30. Reason: image fixed
Old 26th November 2007, 21:36   #73
Team-BHP Support

It is from the same TD as the eariler image. The driver is Adil Darukhanawala, but I don't think it is the 2005 BSIII engine. I have read this review, need to find the link.
Old 26th November 2007, 21:57   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I actually prefer the round headlights to the square ones. Gives it the classic G-wagen look.
Old 26th November 2007, 22:13   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It is from the same TD as the eariler image. The driver is Adil Darukhanawala, but I don't think it is the 2005 BSIII engine. I have read this review, need to find the link.
I have tried to post relevant text from the scanned page from the brochure... I am sorry as I dont remember the link to it .... was googling one day for the Gurkha and came by it....you are right about the driver / story being written by Adil Jai Darukhanawala

It clearly states that is a BSIII, hope the pic I post shows the text....fingers crossed....

Sorry.. imageshack.. is too busy .... will try again tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks