Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:20   #331
Senior - BHPian

Bolero slx strange case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I have seen the Major at the Hyderabad dealership. Don't know how much it costs but I think the 4x4 will be with XD3P engine as that is the engine on the Bolero 4X4 as well. Isn't NGT 520GB the one that is available on Bolero CRDe?
XD 3p engine is strangely available only with Bolero 4x4 slx. Even the Bolero Di turbo 4wd comes with Di turbo engine. I still cant understand the logic!

Bolero Crde has NGT 530 (R) transmission same as on Mhawk.

@samurai -Discount has nothing to do with positioning of Thar which is far far away! Thar when launched will be a niche product according to me.

p.s- Iam increasingly getting tempted to pickup Major. I dont know if this model will continue due to BSIII regulation is B type cities. Lets see.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:05   #332
BHPian

is it possible to fix invader like side doors with glass on a major?
Old 11th November 2009, 13:16   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
is it possible to fix invader like side doors with glass on a major?
I have seen many metal frame doors fitted in Major. You may also try to get Roplas Fibreglass body and see if those fit with modifications
Old 11th November 2009, 14:59   #334
BHPian

there is one thing i have learnt with my experience of owning and restoring a Jeep (MM540). Keep it stock. There is always a tradeoff when you retrofit something. If you buy a brand new Major and drill some holes to fit hinges to put on doors, there goes the integrity of the paint scheme. Mahindra Jeeps as there come out the factory are not the sea worthiest (to say the least)

If you want something on a car that doesnt have it, get another car that does. Simplistic advise but makes a big difference after a while
Old 17th November 2009, 14:35   #335
BHPian

Called the tvs thrissur ( dealers of mahindra in thrissur,kerala) to know the price of major 4x4. The price is 4.87 lakhs on road.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:08   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
p.s- Iam increasingly getting tempted to pickup Major. I dont know if this model will continue due to BSIII regulation is B type cities. Lets see.
Late reply - Sorry
Vinod, Wait until the Thar comes out with pricing. If it sounds ridiculous, pick up the Major. It is a great VFM @ ~4.9L OnRoad.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:45   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Late reply - Sorry
Vinod, Wait until the Thar comes out with pricing. If it sounds ridiculous, pick up the Major. It is a great VFM @ ~4.9L OnRoad.
svsantosh,
The Major in its own right is a good short chassis vehicle, but then there is no comparison between the Thar and the Major.They are a totally different breed and class...Engine, Transmission, Chassis, Suspension and all, which are very new generation...they are world apart. Likewise the difference in pricing too can be expected to be major if seen in this perspective that, when a Major sells at about 5L and the Thar is priced around 7L (which I think will) the difference of 2L is not that big if you see what is the value you are getting for your money.
I will put my money in a Thar for sure.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 5th January 2010 at 10:54.
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:41   #338
BHPian

Color options

Behram sir,

If you read this might sound like a not feasible, small thing but M&M should consider offering the Major with more color options. It wont increase the costs too much but it surely will increase the sales. Right now buyers for Major have to settle for the same color used by taxi operators, farmers, govt. depts. etc, there should be a differentiating factor.

A few like shining black, lighter than military green, light blue, brown all with black soft top and black army type rims. This can improve sales majorly, I think.

Imagine picking up a brand new light blue jeep with black rims from the showroom just like old times. This small step(in a bigger sense) can make the Major much more than what it is. Other improvements are made for sure, just add color options.

Others might agree, just a serious suggestion if taken seriously. Please consider this somebody.

Regards

Pranav

Last edited by NDMS : 23rd January 2010 at 00:45.
Old 23rd January 2010, 07:44   #339
Team-BHP Support

Pranav, no point doing all that just for two months.

Starting April 1st 2010, in 11 major cities car makers cannot sell anything below BS IV.
Starting April 1st 2010, car makers cannot sell anything below BS III in the rest of country.

Mahindra Major is BS II. Mahindra Major will soon become history. Most likey Thar is the replacement for Major. I think this is the reason for the huge discounts on Major, all gotta go by March.

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd January 2010 at 08:28.
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:10   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Samurai:

There is a fairly large market in places like kerala. So I feel the major will get upgraded to the D2 Xylo CRDe engine (not the standard engine but the one that comes on the taxi xylo).
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:29   #341
Team-BHP Support

When Thar is available to take over Major's customers, why re-engineer Major? Won't a basic Thar suffice? You can sell that in any market, even cities.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:11   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
When Thar is available to take over Major's customers, why re-engineer Major? Won't a basic Thar suffice? You can sell that in any market, even cities.

I wonder if the Invader and Major will be discontinued outright when, and still IF, the Thar hits the streets.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:41   #343
Senior - BHPian

why kill Major if it has a following in sales? upgrade to BS III/IV and let it sell.

look at santro being sold along side i10.

Maruti 800/Alto/Wagon R/A-Star/Zen all being sold alongside each other!

Accent alongside Verna

...and the story continues!

Thar will not be a replacement for Major, it will a bit higher than Major in terms of customer appeal.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:43   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
why kill Major if it has a following in sales? upgrade to BS III/IV and let it sell.
How does one upgrade the Major to BSIII or BSIV. Is there a jumper setting behind the dashboard?
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:47   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How does one upgrade the Major to BSIII or BSIV. Is there a jumper setting behind the dashboard?
you didnt notice it?

on a serious note, give it a transplant by puttin in xylo's CRDe engine in it, i guess which is BS 3/4 compliant!

Last edited by Parm : 23rd January 2010 at 17:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks