Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 08:22   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Hi Gogi,

I like the larger size windscreen on the driver side. They are of the same/equal proportion on the Jonga.. a major blind spot is the centre with a small squarish window and the "U".

How have you sealed the "U" section in your jeep? Materials used?

Most importantly, is it removable?

Prasad
Prasad, unfortunately the Jonga comes equally divided in the windscreen front. That does have its drawbacks but then the look is so different from the regular Jongas.

I have used a piece of fibre glass and roughly cut it almost an inch and a half over the actual cut in the windscreen and fixed it from the outside with the black silicon thing which is used to fix windscreens. I could have done this from the inside and has a cleaner look but then the chances of getting water through the screen and accumulating in the crevice during rains is very high and we all know how prone to rust Jeeps (and Jongas) are. Also when travelling, the wind actually helps in pushing it further on the windscreen which would have the opposite effect, had it been fixed from the inside.

IU recommend you fix this in the same way in your Jonga as its an easily done DIY and we dont need any rocket science to do this.

Yes the piece is removable with a little pull and ready to put back again when needed.
Old 8th July 2011, 08:43   #377
BANNED

The restoration has progressed so positively towards attaining a perfect yet Practical Jeep, Congratulations Gogi bhai

To have a Good looking period Jeep and to use it the way it has to. That's something i always tell people about.

There's no point restoring any car, unless you are making it worthy of running like a daily drive.

Once again, Well executed.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 20:18   #378
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2012 at 13:58.
hate tar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd February 2012, 04:43   #379
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I've spent the last few days reading restoration threads here. It is because I also see a jeep in my near future. But to be honest I have been favouring the mm550s so far until I discovered this thread. I am glad I don't have to make the decision rightaway because then I'd be so confused.

This was an amazing restoration. Thanks for sharing the journey.
Old 13th February 2012, 15:34   #380
Senior - BHPian

Chanderjeet, thank for appreciating. The fact is i have both, this CJ and a fully restored and a MM550. Both are different vehicles and both have a lot of advantages and disadvantages of their own when compared to each other. The CJ is a fun vehicle which is light, nimble, SWB and almost go anywhere. The MM550 is a LWB brute which goes anywhere.

Although i use the CJ less for OTRs where the distance covered would be more, i do love its light and SWB nature to get out of almost any situation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks