Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 03:16   #271
Senior - BHPian

Ok the BO light switch is fixed. Works on all the 5 modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Have you got the rear seats made? If not, then hold on. I have a very good idea for front facing rear seats with under storage.
Nope not yet. I was planning to plonk in the available seat frame. I think the classic's would fit but please let me know what you have thought of, im curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Hi Gogi- Congratulations on your jeeps progress. Did you also have a look at Sandgrip.
I believe it has the balance of an offroad and onroad use tyre.
Thanks. Yes i have seen the sand grip but canit be fitted on to the Rim of the CJ. Also i ihave no clue about its comparison to the NDMS or the Safari or the Birla tyre mentioned above. Could you throw some light please?

Ishan, where the heck are you when you are needed??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
1) As Tejas pointed out, if Lambda can send them to Bby direct, then its great for you. Else, i will be glad to help.

2) Tyre. See Attachment text file. The email chain ended abruptly, but with some more followup and some advance payment, one can end up with a 7*16" for well under 3K per tyre. The ~2K per 6*16" sounds damn cheap!! What are the MRF guys quoting for one 6*16"??

Attachment 304905
Thanks Santosh. i just might trouble you.

These prices are too good to be true but what about reliability? Ill have the prices by tomorrow.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th March 2010 at 03:18.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:23   #272
BHPian

a felow jeeper procured ndms for 2300 a piece very recently, in delhi, so i guess the price should be smiliar there as well.
how much was the mrf safari for?
also look into the tyre by the name of big rover by mrf again, its something that ubs sir strongly recommended , though i could not find them here
Old 11th March 2010, 12:34   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Ok the BO light switch is fixed. Works on all the 5 modes.
Can you share the working of the switch, whats powered in what position?
Old 11th March 2010, 12:36   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These prices are too good to be true but what about reliability?
Check with IronWorlf (Daniel). He has shaktiman 7*16" and he took part in the republic day blore OTR. If not anything, the height is something to die for. Am sure its moneys worth...
Old 11th March 2010, 21:33   #275
Senior - BHPian

Today was a good day. Met up with Tejas at the Jeep lane (as it is called) at Opera House.
Ordered the rear seat frame complete with foam and rexine. Willget it in a few days. Since the Rexine may not match, im giving him 1.5 meters of my rexine which he will put on the seat and will deduct the cost of the rexine from the total. I think it was 3000/- for the whole thing. Tejas ordered one for his Classic too.

Requested Tejas to order a 7 meter towing rope for my CJ too.

Bought the Cowl Rubber and the same fog lights that Tejas had bought for his jeep. Front and rear. Saw some Hella but found them too expensive for this sort of thing. Cheap and best is the motto

Got the Lambda free wheeling hubs finally.
I was nearly going to request Santosh to order me and Tejas a couple of pairs, but now Bombay finally has these in stock. Thanks again for the offer Santosh

Got the terminal cables for the battery with their respactive clips and terminal catches. Will get them soldered and fixed tomorrow.

Good news for Hurricane Engined Jeeps. There is a shop where parts are still available so let me know what you want ill ask him and get a quote. A few Solex Carbs are available for 2500/- new.

Ate a Vada pav with some potato bhajji (bhajji is like a alu pakoda) in it....delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Can you share the working of the switch, whats powered in what position?
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-bo-switch.jpg

Th Black out switch has five on positions and one off i.e. "0/Day"

I have no idea how the original is wired but this is how ive done it;

0/Day = all off
1 = Normal Parking Lights on
2 = Head Lights on.

Return to 0 position and push the switch to turn to the other side, i.e.

S1 = only front two b/o light on
S2 = the rear three b/0 lights come on (rear two and one pointed to illuminate the differential), in addition to the front ones
S3 = the fender mounted fog lamp also comes on.

So in position S3, all B/0 lights front and rear and the fender mounted fog lamp come on, in total 6 lamps.

One can either operate the b/o lamps or the normal lights from this switch, as this is how i have set it.

In addition i have another switch to operate the regular lamps only/also.

Hope this has been helpful.

The steering column mounted dipper/turn signal lever is used for the high and low beams, and the horn button in the lever is wired now for overtaking lights.

Last edited by V-16 : 11th March 2010 at 21:37.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:05   #276
Senior - BHPian

Blackout/Changeover switch

Let me try and clarify various Change over switch positions:-
Towards right 0, S1,S2,S3 are to blackout circuits
0- No blackouts
S1- Convoy cross lamp and Blackout stop lamp in action
S2- Only Blackout headlamp in action
S3- Blackout stop lamp,Blackout Headlamp,Blackout tail lamp, Convoy cross lamp in action.

Towards left 1 2 are for service light circuits
1st switch position- Stop lamp,Flasher in action
1- Stop lamp, Parking & tail lamp, Flasher in action
2- Stop lamp, Parking & tail lamp, Flasher, Headlamp in action

Gurus please correct me if I am wrong.

Spike
Old 12th March 2010, 11:17   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Gogi,

Remember the skid plate. Very Important.

I am getting one made for my classic based on the mm540 dimensions. If anyone can give me the dimensions for the CJ3B, i'll make one for V16 as well. i think the spare one that comes out of the classic will be too small (that's why i'm changing it in the first place).
Old 12th March 2010, 17:24   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Let me try and clarify various Change over switch positions:-
Towards right 0, S1,S2,S3 are to blackout circuits
0- No blackouts
S1- Convoy cross lamp and Blackout stop lamp in action
S2- Only Blackout headlamp in action
S3- Blackout stop lamp,Blackout Headlamp,Blackout tail lamp, Convoy cross lamp in action.

Towards left 1 2 are for service light circuits
1st switch position- Stop lamp,Flasher in action
1- Stop lamp, Parking & tail lamp, Flasher in action
2- Stop lamp, Parking & tail lamp, Flasher, Headlamp in action

Gurus please correct me if I am wrong.

Spike
Thanks Spike but Enliss Pliss

What are the following?;

Convoy cross lamp
BO Stop lamp
When you say Parking and tail lamp, you mean the regular parking lamps and the BO lamps too
Flasher
Black out head lamp.

Im asking as i have no clue as to what these terms signify. If possible also attach pics for each so everyone can understand.

Is any of my circuits rightly done?

Quote:
Gogi,

I am getting one made for my classic based on the mm540 dimensions. If anyone can give me the dimensions for the CJ3B, i'll make one for V16 as well. i think the spare one that comes out of the classic will be too small (that's why i'm changing it in the first place).
Thanks for pointing it out Tejas, i guess ill have to get it made from your guy as atleast he seems to know his job about skid plates.
Old 12th March 2010, 20:31   #279
Senior - BHPian

Blackout lamps

Dear Gogi, convoy cross lamps came with smoky lens and blackout stop lamp came with red lens, i am attaching two pics (i think one Jeep belongs to UBS Sir), it would be nice if someone could post pics of an army Jeep fitted with full accessories, that would make it much clear.

Spike
Attached Thumbnails
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-army.jpeg  

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-rear-foot-step-pintle-hook-army.jpeg  

Old 12th March 2010, 20:43   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gogi,

Hey Tejas
I think that the skid plate that you are referring to is of the gear box & the trf cae.
In my opinion as both the 3B and the Classic share the same transfercase gearbox I am not sure whenther the classic comes with the KMT90 or T90, so shouldn't the same skid plate fit both the vehicles??
Old 13th March 2010, 12:34   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Tejas
I think that the skid plate that you are referring to is of the gear box & the trf cae.
In my opinion as both the 3B and the Classic share the same transfercase gearbox I am not sure whenther the classic comes with the KMT90 or T90, so shouldn't the same skid plate fit both the vehicles??
Hi,

Yes the skid plate should both but i wanted to confirm. The other thing is that the classic skid plate is short and doesn't cover the exhaust pipe in the front. I've bent the pipe during the last OTR. Thus, getting a bigger one fabricated.

V16 can take my classic one. I just wanted to confirm the dimensions, that's all.

Gogi,

One more thing: get seat belts. Very important in ruts when the jeep is at a roll angle.
Old 14th March 2010, 17:21   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
V16 can take my classic one. I just wanted to confirm the dimensions, that's all.
Sir thank you, i will take it

Quote:
Gogi,
One more thing: get seat belts. Very important in ruts when the jeep is at a roll angle.
RIghton. Thats the first thing on my list after i get the Jeep out. Ill drive it for a few days and get the feel of the vehicle, also will get a feel of what is the best driving posotio for me and then willhave to fix the belts. Will need to get ot fixed from Milestone i think as they would know where and how to techically fot them also the CJ has no place to fix belts so will have to fix them once the roll bar and everything is in place.

Went an bought the OE engine and gear mounts yesterday. Tejas, found the shop where you bought the rear fog light from and bought it. Thanks. I noticed he had a nice hand held search light which he was selling for Rs. 200/- but the light seemed quite dim. Has a nice plastic body with a bar to hold it, attached to a coiled wire with lighter extension. Next time you're there check it out and see what you think about it.
Old 14th March 2010, 19:47   #283
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Gogi & Spike that was really helpful

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th March 2010 at 19:52.
Old 15th March 2010, 08:24   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed he had a nice hand held search light which he was selling for Rs. 200/- but the light seemed quite dim. Has a nice plastic body with a bar to hold it, attached to a coiled wire with lighter extension. Next time you're there check it out and see what you think about it.
Seen it. It's quite useless. The LED light guy with the Jalwa horns has promised to make a bright LED one. He said buy it only if i like it. So waiting for him to finish it and check it out.
Old 20th March 2010, 00:26   #285
Senior - BHPian

Great, let me know what he conjures up. May order one from him too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks