Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 12:51   #136
Senior - BHPian

OT. How much should a Ramsay Winch cost me. Are there any places where I can get a used one.
PM if anyone of you are aware and I apologize again for going OT.
Old 20th June 2009, 20:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I read every page of this thread. I can imagine how you felt when you had seen the Cl 340 Classic in the yard, Good thread.
Cheers,
Hi Beejay, Thanks for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
OT. How much should a Ramsay Winch cost me. Are there any places where I can get a used one.
PM if anyone of you are aware and I apologize again for going OT.
I don't think we can find used winches in India as we are in the very initial stage of really getting the 4x4 accessories. Those who ever bought were all hard core offroaders.

You can budget somewhere 50-70K for a good winch based on what channel you get your winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - for winch application, even if you put a bigger alternator, you must mount it properly. Please do not compromise on reliability. I will not upgrade the alternator, neither will I put "special" battery, I will just put 2 batteries and keep them permanently connected in parallel (both positives connected by a cable, both negatives connected to goo earth points on the body). The trick is to keep the engine running when you are using the winch.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram Sir,

I do understand your statement, however I still have reservation for continued operations and recharging the batteries with a tiny alternator. As the peugeot itself a slow speed engine and running the engine while winching may not be giving so much of power to the batteries is what my thought. Hence the upgrade of alternator and batteries (probably I can run dual batteries after upgrading the alternator). Now tell me is that neccessary to keep both the batteries from same company and what if i run a old and new batteries together ?
Old 21st June 2009, 23:44   #138
BANNED

The 2.5 XD3P IDI engine on the Bolero GLX (AC, PS & PW) came with a 12V 65 AMP Alternator.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The 2.5 XD3P IDI engine on the Bolero GLX (AC, PS & PW) came with a 12V 65 AMP Alternator.
Which means my alternator search needs to be initiated now. Guys, can somebody through light for approximate gujj price for TATA Safari alternator or Opel Astra alternator.

thanks in advance for helping.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:35   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
however I still have reservation for continued operations and recharging the batteries with a tiny alternator. As the peugeot itself a slow speed engine and running the engine while winching may not be giving so much of power to the batteries is what my thought. Hence the upgrade of alternator and batteries (probably I can run dual batteries after upgrading the alternator). Now tell me is that neccessary to keep both the batteries from same company and what if i run a old and new batteries together ?
Siva, hi, guess you dont need to complicate things unnecessarily. BD sir to answer your queries.

OT: You dont want your jeep to be a recovery van right?
Old 24th June 2009, 13:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
OT: You dont want your jeep to be a recovery van right?
LOL, not that. I'm seriously thinking of conducting a real forest trip into the Jawadhu Jungle. Not that of road drive and select few locations near to the road and come back, but really getting into to no-mans area. so getting myself ready for the worst.

Soon after I build few more missing things on my jeep, I will post about my jungle plan. I hope few guys from here may show interest to accompany me too.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:48   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, not that. I'm seriously thinking of conducting a real forest trip into the Jawadhu Jungle. Not that of road drive and select few locations near to the road and come back, but really getting into to no-mans area. so getting myself ready for the worst.
These winches are all damn SLOW..The best bet is to run the hell out before that wild boar attacks or even looks at you.

Sorry, but i just cant stop imagining you in the middle of a jungle stuck and trying to recover yourself with an old jeep and winch etc etc.

Look at a winch to recover yourself : well yes, but it will not help you in a panic situation Sir.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:47   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think we can find used winches in India as we are in the very initial stage of really getting the 4x4 accessories. Those who ever bought were all hard core offroaders.
Hi Siva,

Congratulations on your winch and promoting yourself to the category of Hardcore off-roader.

Best regards,

Arka

Last edited by ex670c : 24th June 2009 at 17:50.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:33   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Siva,

Congratulations on your winch and promoting yourself to the category of Hardcore off-roader.

Best regards,

Arka

Hey Arka, Thanks for the wishes and for endorsing my words.

Guys, Finally my explorer is reached a state for heart transplantation. Explorer is going to wear a Peugeot XD3P engine.
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image016.jpg

I have collected a lots of recovery gear for the Explorer, my future offroading exercises will be as good as I planned. Here are the pictures of what I have collected for the Explorer.

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image004.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image002.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image003.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image005.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image006.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image007.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image010.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image0001.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-photo_0002.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-photo_0005.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-photo_0011.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-photo_0012.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image000.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image034.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image1.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image001.jpg  

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image2.jpg  

Last edited by trammway : 22nd July 2009 at 22:51.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:38   #145
Senior - BHPian

That's a very nice collection, Trammway. Why 4 pairs of gloves?
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:52   #146
BHPian

Hi Shiva
i Need one of this, please tell me how much it costed you. one more thing you have to add to all these things, aluminium Box to keep all the stuff Safe and clean in your Explorer. i think you can Accommodate it behind rear seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-x-trax.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 22:53   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
That's a very nice collection, Trammway. Why 4 pairs of gloves?

Actually 3 pairs

one for tyre change (white with black rubber dots)
one for Winching (Red colored)
one for normal tool handling, general hand protector (I have got 2 of them, one set will go to my CJ3B toolbox)
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:54   #148
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Shiva
i Need one of this, please tell me how much it costed you. one more thing you have to add to all these things, aluminium Box to keep all the stuff Safe and clean in your Explorer. i think you can Accommodate it behind rear seat.
Same thing we saw in Leh scrap yard right but we forgot to buy.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:57   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Shiva

Viji Sir, I really don't know how much is the cost for this and this is a Dubai import.

I'm in the process of custom making tool bags in leather to keep various items safe. I have few amo box, but not really comfortable while handling hence a soft leather or canvas bag with inner liner of leather is been made.

I will do a little bit of body work to fix few issues on my Explorer very soon, I may find permanent places to keep the recovery gear on the Explorer while doing the same.
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:59   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Same thing we saw in Leh scrap yard right but we forgot to buy.
Yes Shakir, ok next time we get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks