Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:06   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Same thing we saw in Leh scrap yard right but we forgot to buy.

Even though I got this from Dubai, and the Bushranger company who claims to be owner of this product what I see on the cover is surprising, look at the picture and find the "Made in India" stamp.

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image0001.jpg

Yes, you would have seen it in Leh as to protect the vehicles slipping from snow surface where snow is common. May be the scrap yard would have got it from Army disposals.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:11   #152
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Even though I got this from Dubai, and the Bushranger company who claims to be owner of this product what I see on the cover is surprising, look at the picture and find the "Made in India" stamp.

Attachment 163008

Yes, you would have seen it in Leh as to protect the vehicles slipping from snow surface where snow is common. May be the scrap yard would have got it from Army disposals.
Bushranger company is of my fatherland country, got to find out where in India they are manufacturing.
we knew it was army disposal some how we forgot affter purchasing tool boxes.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:17   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Bushranger company is of my fatherland country, got to find out where in India they are manufacturing.
we knew it was army disposal some how we forgot after purchasing tool boxes.
One more clue to find the actual manufacturers in India may be from a tiny letters under the ISO9xxx lable on the same cover that reads "SAI Global"
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:36   #154
Senior - BHPian

You are ready to go anywhere now..

Great collection of accessories & tools, an inspiration to the fence sitters like me.

Quote:
Hey Arka, Thanks for the wishes and for endorsing my words.

Guys, Finally my explorer is reached a state for heart transplantation. Explorer is going to wear a Peugeot XD3P engine.
I have collected a lots of recovery gear for the Explorer, my future offroading exercises will be as good as I planned. Here are the pictures of what I have collected for the Explorer.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:29   #155
NIP
Senior - BHPian

WHOAH ! What a collection of accessories ! Way to go trammway ! I guess its these little things in the jeep that will sub-consiously make you go where no car has gone before !!
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:28   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
You are ready to go anywhere now..

Great collection of accessories & tools, an inspiration to the fence sitters like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
WHOAH ! What a collection of accessories ! Way to go trammway ! I guess its these little things in the jeep that will sub-consiously make you go where no car has gone before !!

Thanks guys, Actually little more things to add before I really going to take up the jeep to nowhere place. I'm seriously planning a expedition that will show a greater offroad terrain.

A snorkel, MM550 LSD and Bigger radiators are in the wish list. I'm really happy and confident about what I have got in my JEEP now. After the engine change, I have an other Jawadhu exploration in which deadly terrains will be discovered.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:55   #157
Senior - BHPian

Finally I have extended farewell to my Peugeot XDP 4.9 2112CC 62BHP engine from Classic. The engine is going to take a long rest now. It was removed from the Jeep today and XD3P is installation is scheduled tomorrow. By tomorrow evening my explorer will have all new power band under the bonnet.
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image032.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image004.jpg

Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image041.jpg
Along side this upgrade I have also got a brand new four core radiator to compensate such a huge motor, of course the paper element air-filter is also taking its place under the bonnet.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:39   #158
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, seeing that picture was sheer deja vu! As you know, I myself plonked a 2.5 diesel under the hood of my classic. Your Classic is the only other 2.5 that I know of.

Where did you source the engine from? Make sure to choose a competent installer, quality of fit can make all the difference between a reliable & unreliable Jeep.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:51   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, seeing that picture was sheer deja vu! As you know, I myself plonked a 2.5 diesel under the hood of my classic. Your Classic is the only other 2.5 that I know of.

Where did you source the engine from? Make sure to choose a competent installer, quality of fit can make all the difference between a reliable & unreliable Jeep.

If you read the first post of this thread you will know you and your Classic is always acted as an inspiration to me.

So, I'm following your footpath...

I just raised a question on the 2.5liter engine installation, my mechanic is good at this kind of work and hence relying on him.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:09   #160
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice my XD3P engine, It has no vaccum pump behind the atlernator and the same has been installed separately above the engine front side (look at the round shaped item).

Also this XD3P is little different than the rest, reason is that there is no oil circulation tube on the engine sump that is common in all XD3P. because of no oil circulation tube on the sump and the vacuum pump on the top, I see no electrical type oil pressure indicator switch below oil filter assy.
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image004.jpg
Weird model, Since my Classic original Peugeot came with oil circulation tube from the sump that pass through the vacuum pump and ending on to the electrical oil pressure switch I could use electrical wrings for the gauge in dash board.

Now with this non-standard model XD3P which was from a 1999 MM550 XD jeep I need to change the oil pressure gauge with the one uses oil tube for pressure indication.

Also I can't use the oil circulation as there is no provision on the sump too.

Anyone here knows what is the exact model of XD3P engine this one ? I'm also finding it with great difficult to find the required fan/vaccum pump/alternator belts suitable for this engine.

But when I started the engine with old belts, believe me I never seen my jeep with so silent operation. This engine is so quite and I'm lovin it.
Old 8th August 2009, 00:37   #161
Senior - BHPian

It is again happening now....

More Power, Less Pollution,Less Noice and Less Heat what I wanted, and achieving the same with my 2.5Liter engine

Hurray finally My Explorer wears the following and my maiden drive has happened today. You know what my first teacher Patrick turned the ignition key on to switch the mill on...

It was quite compare to my old XDP, smooth and very powerful.

Now following has got into my Explorer

1. Peugeot XD3P motor and usable bell housing
2. Bolero/MM550 type paper element airfilter with element damage indicator
3. 65amps alternator with vaccum pump (replaced the independant vaccum pump due to unavailablity of belt also the engine sump of XDP has replaced the XD3P engine oil sump as there is not inlet pipe for vaccum pump oil circulation)
4. four core radiator
5. Clutch and Accelerator cables were replaced
6. Radiator hoses have been replaced
7. Engine water jacket has been replaced with the M&M latest plastic part
8. complete oil service including engine, gearbox, differntials and break oil top up done
9. Clutch release bearing and fork changed

Now, I have question to all the XD3P installed Jeep drivers

1. What is the normal temprature reading in your healthy XD3P with and without A/C switch on?

2. How much milege I can get out of XD3P ?

I'm planning to fix the MM550 LSD into my Explorers DANA 44 rear open type differntials. The spline count on my stock axle is 19 count, I would like to know the following

1. What is the actual length of MM550's rear axle that comes with LSD ?

2. What is the splain count in the MM550 rear axle differntial end

3. Can I use the same MM550 or the original rear axle in my Mahindra Classic ?
Old 12th August 2009, 22:38   #162
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

As I didn't get any inputs from you all on my previous post regarding engine temperature and mileage, Now I'm elaborating my LSD conversion project questions here, experts please pour your suggestions/ideas/options and opinions

I'm now started considering options to put LSD (Limited Slip Differential) into the Explorer's rear drive axle setup.

There are issues associated with this change

1. There is no ready made LSD kit available for DANA 44 / 19 spline axle in India

2. The currently available MM550 LSD is matching to DANA 44 differential but spider side axle spline count is 30 against 19 in Classic

3. The axle track of MM550 is not same with CL340 DP - Classic, as heard from experts CJ/CL 340 = 48 inches, MM540 = 51 inches and NGCS MM540 = 53 inches. but I have not measured the size of MM550 and Classic axles yet to see it myself, because the tyre to tyre width of MM540 and CL340 DP - Classic track matches one to one.

With the above constraints, I have few options to implement LSD setup on my Classic

1. Take the complete differential& axle housing setup for front and rear from MM550 and use it in Classic

2. Take only the LSD from MM550 and custom fabricate axle to fit Classic axle length setup and MM550 LSD spline count, this exercise may lead me to convert the semi floating axle to full floating type (Though bit tricky but I know an expert who has done it for his Jeep earlier)

3. Buy a on the shelf Dana 44 / 19 spline Auburn Limited Slip (Auburn Limited Slip) from overseas and get it installed in the existing housing and axle setup.

With the above constraints and options I've also got a MM550 LSD in my hands - Thanks to Naren aka. DesertKing from Rajastan (just in case if I opt to take option no. 2)
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-image011.jpg
Watch out this space for more information on how my LSD project is achieved.

Coming up next...
One more parallel project is to install Snorkel and converting Classic electricals into complete water proof setup.

Last edited by trammway : 12th August 2009 at 22:39.
Old 13th August 2009, 21:25   #163
BHPian

Congrats Siva for completing your engine transplant project.

Suggest you go for option 1

1. Take the complete differential& axle housing setup for front and rear from MM550 and use it in Classic

and use this LSD in your petrol CJ3B Jeep.

Cheers
JC
Old 13th August 2009, 23:29   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Congrats Siva for completing your engine transplant project.

Suggest you go for option 1

and use this LSD in your petrol CJ3B Jeep.

Cheers
JC
Cool, but it will increase the track of Classic and I may pop the tyres out of the body tub.

I will be getting a set of axles and one more set of LSD from Mayapuri in a weeks time. Thanks to Harjeev for the same.

Once the axle is with me, I will try to measure it against the Classic's axle. Let me see how is it turns out.

Hey JC, just saw your signature. You got a Land Rover too? is it in India or in Dubai ?
Old 14th August 2009, 10:12   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....... and converting Classic electricals into complete water proof setup.
Siva - Like this? This is from our Dear Abhimanyu's ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise-waterproofing.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks