Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bikram for all those detailed info. Pics would have been indeed nice for such indigenous stuff.
Tarkesh, this idea is indeed good. I did have some similar ideas in mind and will see about it once my jeep is completed. Because of your Toyota connection, getting access to these seats must have been easy for you. Just to clarify, the rear seats will be the innova middle row seats or extreme rear seats? Any potential installation issues?
-regards,
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:56   #92
BHPian

Hi Kandisa,

Infact I have 8 Seater Innova front facing both rear and extreme rear seats . The extreme rear seats can be be double folded and hanged on side wall .
Here in the case of Jeep the same can be hanged on side roll bar and the person can enter from tail gate also as this seat has fold in middle. But since I have not decided the roll bar design , I am considering the middle row seats for now. Addition to this middle row seats has option of push back also. I think I need to rework(lengthen) the edges of the seat and back rest of the seat to add hand rest at the two sides.

Tarkesh
Old 7th April 2009, 18:07   #93
BHPian

Update time

HI All,

there has been a good improvement in terms of the development in painting. The Original paint has been scrapped off by using paint remover and scrapper. Redoxide is applied on the bare metal body.

Attached the pics below.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-bare-metal.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-bare-metal-1.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-bonnet.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 18:18   #94
BHPian

More Updates

More updates with red oxide applied.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide2.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide1.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide3.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide4.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide5.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide6.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide7.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-redoxide8.jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 18:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Looking good.

Get the painter to take headlights and the light protectors off and get some redoxide in those hard to reach areas. Also get him to prep the light protectors properly.
Old 8th April 2009, 10:50   #96
BHPian

Hi All,

The body has been removed from Chasis after applying Redoxide. Now the body will go under small hammer for small minute corrections which are now visible after the coat of redoxide.

The paint remover has been applied on chasis and kept for one day . The Chasis paint scrapped off also washed it with caustic soda.

Below are the pics

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-body-removed-chasis.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-paint-remover-applied-chasis.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-chasis-scrapped-off.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th April 2009, 15:41   #97
BHPian

Need Info

Hi all,

Can anybdy understand below markings on the body of my Jeep ? I mean which depy used it and what does this markings/numbers mean?

I only know that the Jeep is from North Vehicle depot and used by Army in Jammu headquarter.
Basically there is 1 Gun like marking and there is no painted as"265" on rear ring.

Dear Sandy, You can help in this.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-photo0028.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-photo0029.jpg  

Old 13th April 2009, 12:54   #98
BHPian

Weeks Update

Hi All,

More work happened last week. While the minute body work is still going on before applying the Body Filler, the Chasis paint has been removed and scrapped off.

Later the Chasis has been painted with Dupont Chasis Grey . Now this week is cruicial as the body work will be over and there will be real test of the Painter. I had given him a tin of 3M body filler yesterday as he has not taken in previous estimate and using Polyster putty for Body filling is not a good option as Poly putty my get cracked because of any impact or deep scratch which does not happen with Body filler.

Anyways , attaching the pics of the Chasis painted with Dupont Chasis Grey.

Tarkesh
Attached Thumbnails
My MM550 XD Army Spec-chasis.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-chasis_front.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-chasis_rare.jpg  

My MM550 XD Army Spec-chasis_rare1.jpg  

Old 13th April 2009, 16:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tarkesh,

Good to see your thread on your development. I see its all nicely primed and painted. What final color have you frozen on? Whats the Engine Status?

About the seating. I thought you might find this interesting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ml#post1256649
Old 13th April 2009, 19:15   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hi Tarkesh,

Good to see your thread on your development. I see its all nicely primed and painted. What final color have you frozen on? Whats the Engine Status?

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot!! I am planning to put the same Army Green shade (Olive Green) but bit darker and full glossy.

My Engine is ready , I even started it also. Now I am waiting for the completion of painting work . After putting first final coat I will fit engine and then fit the body throughly on the chasis and then I will go for Final coat of the shade.
Basically all fitments like Seats,accesories will happen then and the Scratch Proof Clear Coat(From Asian PPG Deltron) will be applied. Lastly there will be 3M polishing and 3M Paint protection service will be carried out.

I think this is a "hell lot of things to do" and I now I am desparate but my brother is not ready to compromise on any of these.

Tarkesh
Old 13th April 2009, 19:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hi Tarkesh,

Hi IronWolf,
I personally would not suggest it if tarkesh is going to use it for offrooading reason being the middle seat that you see in the picture is actually made at the same level of rear fender. so the fender actualy had to be cut at one corner to accomodate the seat. This seemed as if it will affect the articulation. However will check it thoroughly once again and will post some more pics of the same the next time I visit that place.

Regards...Saikat
Old 13th April 2009, 23:38   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded View Post
Hi IronWolf,
I personally would not suggest it if tarkesh is going to use it for offrooading reason being the middle seat that you see in the picture is actually made at the same level of rear fender. so the fender actualy had to be cut at one corner to accomodate the seat. This seemed as if it will affect the articulation.
Saikat,

Thanks for pointing that out. Yup I agree, Fenders look compromised and it would affect the offroading.

Tarkesh,

Stick with your plan and make sure you are able to remove the back seat easily to give you that weight advantage when needed.

Happy restoration
Old 14th April 2009, 13:34   #103
BHPian

Hi Dan/Saikat,

I agree with you, thats why I will do a bit mod in roof top design i.e. the top will be inclined after B Piller like Invader or Gypsy or Hard top Bolero by placing a roll bar just adjacent to B piller and the the roof will be taken back with cross pipes and at the rear it will look like the Jeep roof top wich I have attached to this thread earlier basically slated towards end.

But Saikat your input will help me definitely.Pics will be added advantage.

Tarkesh
Old 16th April 2009, 18:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
the top will be inclined after B Piller like Invader or Gypsy or Hard top Bolero by placing a roll bar just adjacent to B piller and the the roof will be taken back with cross pipes and at the rear it will look like the Jeep roof top wich I have attached to this thread earlier basically slated towards end.
Am not able to visualize this very well. But If I got it right, it means the roll bar would be under the metal sheet which would extend little more to the back?
Old 16th April 2009, 18:33   #105
BHPian

Way to Go

Hey guys way to go.. just last eve I was discussing about restoring a MM540 to its original glory, nothing too fancy but a basic good ol tough Jeep with an AC. I am planning (already ) to make it a hard top, but cover the hard top with a canvas to give a soft top look. any suggestions.

Also fiddling with the idea of fitting in a bolero power steering unit. Now I know that a power steering is against the original Jeep philosophy but I need to use it regularly in our Mumbai traffic (Bandra to Lower Parel) I think it will make sense.

Any suggestions / ideas costs???

Kunaal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks