Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:18   #436
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
antihero, Aroy,
I do have a 2018 Gypsy and it does not have a heater
Hence, am wondering, if this is something for NI only?
Cheers,
Deepak
No there is no North India specific version for any Maruti model including the Gypsy. So I'm assuming @turbanator is mistaken. Unless the heater was an aftermarket fitting.

On a positive note @aroy it's good to hear that a heater was an option on the m800. I will try contacting some workshops to see if the same can be fitted to an MG410W
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:49   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
No there is no North India specific version for any Maruti model including the Gypsy. So I'm assuming @turbanator is mistaken. Unless the heater was an aftermarket fitting.

On a positive note @aroy it's good to hear that a heater was an option on the m800. I will try contacting some workshops to see if the same can be fitted to an MG410W
There is a heater available antihero.
Here you go https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-box_...ntrol-6798523/
Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 3rd September 2018 at 14:55.
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:24   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
i will get in touch with him. A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Just talk to nearest Maruti workshop or some knowledgeable person in FNG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
antihero, Aroy,
I do have a 2018 Gypsy and it does not have a heater
Hence, am wondering, if this is something for NI only?
Cheers,
Deepak
The newer models should have, look at the enclosed pictures, the blower will have 2 Copper Pipes. I spoke to Satnam, unfortunately, it's not easy to get hold of these units from Maruti and he is not very confident with the aftermarket one. So your options will be to

1 Look out for someone who has a spare blower with heater lying unused. Best bet will be to get in touch with AC installers as many people don't bother to collect the old stuff or they can buy from someone.

2 Try to find out the part number from Maruti dealership and order one new. This should be a preferred way.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-11.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 19:06   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
1 Look out for someone who has a spare blower with heater lying unused. Best bet will be to get in touch with AC installers as many people don't bother to collect the old stuff or they can buy from someone.

2 Try to find out the part number from Maruti dealership and order one new. This should be a preferred way.
Thank you I will try option 2 first. I know a dealership that has an old service manual lying around. So will check for part number.
Failing that I will try and see what aftermarket options I have. The AC shops is a good tip. Thanks!
Old 9th September 2018, 12:51   #440

Hi Anithero,
The gypsys in India never came with AC however the MG413s (king) comes with a Providence to fit the condenser and the blow pipes too. But unfortunately the original is not available. AC is the best option for heating purposes, especially in the Himalayas. There are some portable heaters/coolers available in e-commerce websites which you can try. Check this out once, it might help

Zorbes Rectangle Car Heater Heating Fan Dryer Demister Defroster https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07D398SHH/..._1KmLBbSZ32NTP

All the best.
sharybold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:14   #441
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

You will need two things to make it work like a factory fitted one. A small mini radiator where it uses the heat from the coolant and a valve to control the flow of the coolant. You can clearly see those two in spare part diagram but no part number in Indian catalogue. I was thinking of adding this to my MG410 to further cool the engine (at the expense of hotter interiors) in hot summer or in Bangalore crawl traffic, the addition of ethanol in petrol is causing heating problems.

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/suzuk...ater-core.html
https://www.ebay.com/p/Suzuki-SJ-Sam...hip/1411266524
check here http://www2.izook.com/heater-refresh/

Last edited by aim120 : 9th September 2018 at 15:20.
Old 8th October 2018, 22:47   #442
BHPian

Hi, everyone this is my first post.

I have a MG410 and in the interest of safety I bought a driver side seat belt. But I am unable to find info on where the bolts are to be fixed. If anyone has a Gypsy King, it would be helpful if some one can post pictures ( close up pictures ) of the locations where the seat belt and buckle bolts are to be fixed in the Gypsy body. This is the seat belt type that I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-SJ41...-/142656616188

Also I bought a Gypsy King radiator and it needs to be fitted in the 1 liter engine bay. I need pictures of the two radiator holding bracket in Gypsy King, such that the entire view of the two bracket is visible, so a picture take from back of the radiator such that the image shows the L shaped bracket from top to bottom both left and right hand side ( brackets are the ones that are bolted to the chassis, which in turn hold the radiator ). So that I can either order the part ( if its a direct bolt on to mg410 chassis) or custom make one.
Old 14th October 2018, 20:32   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
Hi, everyone this is my first post.

I have a MG410 and in the interest of safety I bought a driver side seat belt. But I am unable to find info on where the bolts are to be fixed. If anyone has a Gypsy King, it would be helpful if some one can post pictures ( close up pictures ) of the locations where the seat belt and buckle bolts are to be fixed in the Gypsy body. This is the seat belt type that I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-SJ41...-/142656616188

Also I bought a Gypsy King radiator and it needs to be fitted in the 1 liter engine bay. I need pictures of the two radiator holding bracket in Gypsy King, such that the entire view of the two bracket is visible, so a picture take from back of the radiator such that the image shows the L shaped bracket from top to bottom both left and right hand side ( brackets are the ones that are bolted to the chassis, which in turn hold the radiator ). So that I can either order the part ( if its a direct bolt on to mg410 chassis) or custom make one.
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_20181014_202443.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_20181014_202505.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_20181014_202549.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_20181014_202713.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_20181014_202652.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-img_20181014_202626.jpg

In the process of diy de-rusting and new paint job
Old 14th October 2018, 20:42   #444
BHPian

Thank you for pictures antihero, I believe that is a MG410 right.

For the radiator mount I need pictures from a Gypsy King. I already have the MG410 and was looking for a way to mount the King radiator.
Old 15th October 2018, 19:20   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharybold View Post
Hi Anithero,
The gypsys in India never came with AC
I had a 410 with a factory fitted AC.
No heater, and wasn't listed as an option also. But if one moved the temp control lever to the hotter side, the compressor was cut off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY410 View Post
I have a MG410 and in the interest of safety I bought a driver side seat belt.
Do keep in mind that the standard seatbelt mounting bolts are not metric.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 20:35   #446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
I had a 410 with a factory fitted AC.
No heater, and wasn't listed as an option also. But if one moved the temp control lever to the hotter side, the compressor was cut off!
Do you still have Gypsy? Or remember what sort of compressor they have used as OE installation. The one we get in aftermarket seems to be some generic one and takes too much load. By any chance, will this compressor have any part number in the manual?
Old 16th October 2018, 18:18   #447
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Sold a long time back.
The system was Sanden, but the compressor was not the usual Sanden 50x.
Must have had a part #. Sashi to the rescue.

Even without the AC, the 410 was horribly underpowered. With AC, at highway speeds fuel consumption took a real hit. Couple it with its small tank, and the fact that (at least then) petrol was not easily available at highway pumps meant that you had to be careful about refueling.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 00:16   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul258 View Post
So I have moved the condenser from the front of the radiator to the area below the passenger side of the vehicle. Although the overheating has stopped, the AC cooling efficiency has come down and there is a weird sound after turning on the AC.
Hi Raul,
What is the latest with the A.C. and overheating issue? Have you managed to get is resolved?
I am thinking of buying a Gypsy again but after hearing these "over-heating" stories from a few people, am not so sure now. I would have thought that someone would have come up with a fix by now.
Regards,
SS
Old 17th October 2018, 07:20   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Or remember what sort of compressor they have used as OE installation. The one we get in aftermarket seems to be some generic one and takes too much load. By any chance, will this compressor have any part number in the manual?
Inherited this 86 Gypsy, and this is what it has. Looked for the make on the compressor but couldn't find one. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-ac1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries-ac2.jpeg  

keroo1099 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 09:40   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
but the compressor was not the usual Sanden 50x.
Quote:
Or remember what sort of compressor they have used as OE installation. The one we get in aftermarket seems to be some generic one and takes too much load. By any chance, will this compressor have any part number in the manual?
The OE compressor in the earlier Suzuki used to be from a company called Subros.
I have heard that the Sanden 505 puts lesser load than the 507 which is commonly used.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed