Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 00:16   #346
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 642
Thanked: 492 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The front vent near the bonnet.
Sealed completely with a piece of metal and being painted over shortly.
This is probably the only permanent fix for the water leakage as I am given to understand.
Attachment 1628859
I do hope it works for you. It never did for me. I did the same mod on two Gypsy's and they still leaked!!
suzuki san is offline  
Old 18th April 2017, 10:51   #347
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 1,238 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
What is the best way to get a basic music system fitted, any suggestion.
This is what I did - bought a basic head unit (choose depending on your need - bluetooth, USB, CD player, etc.) and a pair of 6 inches co-axial speakers from Flipkart at a decent price and got them fitted at a FNG for Rs. 300. The Gypsy comes with neat holes near both footwells to accommodate 6 inch speakers - so need to cut those door pads. Serving me well so far, as a basic setup.

If you need something better, the only other option is to plonk a sound box each behind both front seats or under the bench seats.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by cool_dube : 18th April 2017 at 10:53.
cool_dube is offline  
Old 20th April 2017, 06:48   #348
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,241
Thanked: 28,313 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is what I did - bought a basic head unit (choose depending on your need - bluetooth, USB, CD player, etc.) and a pair of 6 inches co-axial speakers from Flipkart at a decent price and got them fitted at a FNG for Rs. 300. The Gypsy comes with neat holes near both footwells to accommodate 6 inch speakers - so need to cut those door pads. Serving me well so far, as a basic setup.

If you need something better, the only other option is to plonk a sound box each behind both front seats or under the bench seats.

Hope this helps!
Can you kindly post a picture of the setup in your car?? Specially the speaker setup.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 07:35   #349
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,405
Thanked: 4,286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Can you kindly post a picture of the setup in your car?? Specially the speaker setup.

Regards,
Shashi
He probably meant something like this.

Name:  ForumRunner_20170420_073436.png
Views: 2287
Size:  557.8 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170420_073443.png
Views: 2288
Size:  440.6 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170420_073451.png
Views: 2309
Size:  585.0 KB



Name:  ForumRunner_20170420_073457.png
Views: 2268
Size:  587.1 KB
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 09:51   #350
BHPian
 
Vikram Arya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Calgary/Shimla
Posts: 265
Thanked: 971 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Just a word of caution: The cavity in the foot well can only accommodate 5.25" speakers and it is only 2 inches deep. Any lager size will protrude outside the cavity.
Vikram Arya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 10:36   #351
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 1,238 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
He probably meant something like this
Correct. The speaker setup in the footwells is exactly what I have. I chose to NOT have the boxes at the rear but if you do, you can get better effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Just a word of caution: The cavity in the foot well can only accommodate 5.25" speakers and it is only 2 inches deep. Any lager size will protrude outside the cavity.
Nope. I bought 6.5 inch (dia) speakers and they fitted perfectly. Also, as far as I remember, the void is more than 2 inch deep, must be at least 3 inches or so, and should be able to accommodate any standard co-ax speakers.
cool_dube is offline  
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:54   #352
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is what I did - bought a basic head unit (choose depending on your need - bluetooth, USB, CD player, etc.) and a pair of 6 inches co-axial speakers from Flipkart at a decent price and got them fitted at a FNG for Rs. 300. The Gypsy comes with neat holes near both footwells to accommodate 6 inch speakers - so need to cut those door pads. Serving me well so far, as a basic setup.

If you need something better, the only other option is to plonk a sound box each behind both front seats or under the bench seats.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I got the Kenwood unit with just 2 pioneer speakers fitted in foot well. Good enough for me for now
rkbharat is offline  
Old 25th April 2017, 12:23   #353
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 1,238 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Thanks, I got the Kenwood unit with just 2 pioneer speakers fitted in foot well. Good enough for me for now
Cool I have been using this setup for 5 months now and find it adequate enough for the kind of acoustics in an (almost) open vehicle, mine being a soft top. Since yours is a hard top, you can play around with better options I believe.
cool_dube is offline  
Old 25th April 2017, 13:29   #354
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Cool I have been using this setup for 5 months now and find it adequate enough for the kind of acoustics in an (almost) open vehicle, mine being a soft top. Since yours is a hard top, you can play around with better options I believe.
Yes, with Hard Top this basic setup works much better. The only thing I am missing now is the navigation, as my SX4 have the dual din system with navigation, I need to find out some solution for the same.
rkbharat is offline  
Old 25th April 2017, 14:44   #355
BHPian
 
satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 369
Thanked: 884 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is probably the only permanent fix for the water leakage as I am given to understand.
Attachment 1628859
i think you have been mislead . Goodluck in any case!!
satan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 15:20   #356
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,720
Thanked: 7,032 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan View Post
i think you have been mislead . Goodluck in any case!!

Several people have shared this fix
I ll only know the next time I wash the vehicle or during the monsoons!
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 25th April 2017, 19:16   #357
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 39
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Yes, with Hard Top this basic setup works much better. The only thing I am missing now is the navigation, as my SX4 have the dual din system with navigation, I need to find out some solution for the same.
Why not use the mobile phone itself by attaching a mobile holder? I use the same.
Raul258 is offline  
Old 26th April 2017, 20:24   #358
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,600
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul258 View Post
Why not use the mobile phone itself by attaching a mobile holder? I use the same.
I would like to keep a dedicated device for navigation. I guess for now I am doing a DIY in form of a basic carputer with a 7 inch screen and raspberry pi


A question on car mat:
I need something really good for the gypsy, the current one is really poor, tears at a light pull, and keeps all the dust at surface.

Please recommend something
rkbharat is offline  
Old 26th April 2017, 20:38   #359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 39
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Gypsy - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
A question on car mat:
I need something really good for the gypsy, the current one is really poor, tears at a light pull, and keeps all the dust at surface.

Please recommend something
Well, I am exactly in the same position. My new mats got torn recently and are dusty always. (No idea where so much dust comes from in a hard top)
What I have in my mind is to cover the firewall and transmission tunnel with a good insulator and stick those carpets over it. For the floor, I'm still in the hunt for a durable and easy to clean material.
I guess the gurus could shed some light here.
Raul258 is offline  
Old 26th April 2017, 21:15   #360
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,720
Thanked: 7,032 Times
Default

Yoga mats cut to fit,
come to mind here though I havent tried this fix personally...
shankar.balan is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks