Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:09   #76
Senior - BHPian

Very good progress diesel maniac. Guess the CJ3b fever is really catching on good.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
The engine pics as you asked for

Regards,
atul

Atul which engine is this !? Pardon me if I am ignorant but it does not look like a F head hurricane engine to me.

Jasvinder,..please re-confirm.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Tempo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Atul which engine is this !? Pardon me if I am ignorant but it does not look like a F head hurricane engine to me.

Jasvinder,..please re-confirm.
Thats a BTL 305 Engine.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:35   #79
BHPian

Thanks Arka...!! I knew something was up when I saw the injectors instead of the plugs and also the exhaust manifold looked differnt.

Jasvinder why dont you suggest him to pick up Soumen's spare Hurricane block, t-case and gear-box. This way he'll have a bone stock Cj3B.

The final choice off-course lies withe the owner.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:53   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Thanks Arka...!! I knew something was up when I saw the injectors instead of the plugs and also the exhaust manifold looked differnt.

Jasvinder why dont you suggest him to pick up Soumen's spare Hurricane block, t-case and gear-box. This way he'll have a bone stock Cj3B.

The final choice off-course lies withe the owner.
Torque-ative, just fyi - Soumens Hurricane is on the way to kerala now. I picked it up few weeks back.Will see it on my CJ3B soon.

Shibu
Old 3rd October 2009, 13:52   #81
BHPian

Now we know that my 3B has a Firodias Tempo no Force diesel. i'm looking for a F-head hurricane, gear box, Tc, et al. for transplant. can some one help me out. what are the chances of disposing off this engine in working order i.e. approx price it should fetch me and will i be able to source my requirements from the same without shelving out additional bucks. where can it be disposed off? Help needed.

atul
Attached Thumbnails
Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-jeep-details-073.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2009, 16:31   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Now we know that my 3B has a Firodias Tempo no Force diesel. i'm looking for a F-head hurricane, gear box, Tc, et al. for transplant. can some one help me out. what are the chances of disposing off this engine in working order i.e. approx price it should fetch me and will i be able to source my requirements from the same without shelving out additional bucks. where can it be disposed off? Help needed.

atul
First things first is your R/C endorsed with diesel. If yes then its going to be hard to convert it back to petrol on paper.

How does the existing engine run,..is the 4x4 hardware in place.
It is crucial to have the orginal 4x4 hardware (T-case, gear-box et'al) as a factory fit is a factory fit,..unless you have some very skilled mechnacics at your disposal.

If you are hell bent on a Hurricane engine swap,..this should be possible in Mayapuri. Take your mechanic along and swap it with your diesel which should for sure fetch you a better price than the F-head petrol.

I've been told a Hurricane block can be had for around 10,000/-
Look around your best resources on this in Delhi would be Harjeev, and Jasvinder.
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:34   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Torque-ative, just fyi - Soumens Hurricane is on the way to kerala now. I picked it up few weeks back.Will see it on my CJ3B soon.

Shibu
Cheta,..thats resourceful.

I was stunned when Jasvinder told me that you drove all the way from Noida to Kerala. I was like NO WAY !! Do you have a travelogue posted on that trip!?
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:39   #84
BHPian

Hi Atul,

As Naveen has rightly pointed out, please do check if the registration papers of your Jeep have a diesel engine endorsed on it. Even though you may not be planning to sell the Jeep anytime soon. There is no point complicating the issues as far as legalities are concerned. It is better to run a vehicle with a diesel engine if it has been endorsed on the papers and same goes for petrol powered ones. I would always suggest everyone to first give a good thought about all these issues before making a final desicion about a vehicle. So dont hurry in getting it converted into a petrol jeep. Take your time to decide what works for you best and than go ahead. Look at it this way, what is the point of converting the Jeep back to oiginal stock specification, when your papes say otherwise. I as a collector or a die hard original fan would not be very willing to buy a vehicle like this. But in the end its your opinion and/or decision is what matters most. So take your time and decide accordingly.

regards
Old 7th October 2009, 10:11   #85
BHPian

Hello Jasvinder, i'm sorry i could'ne upload the engine mounting arrangement picture of my 3B earlier. Here goes...

i hope you can shed some light on it. In case you want more just let me know.

atul
Attached Thumbnails
Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-pa040078.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-pa040079.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-pa040080.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-pa040081.jpg  

Old 7th October 2009, 10:21   #86
BHPian

Hi Atul !!

From the pictures I can make out that the original engine mounts have been left intact. The person who did the engine swap work indeed fabricated a mount plate which rests on the chassis rail on one end and the original mounts on the other end. This could probably due to the fact (Not sure about it) that the matador engine is shorter in length (Horizontal) than the hurricane motor. As you will see in some other pictures that you have posted earlier that there is a fabricated shroud that has been mounted between the front grill and the radiator in order to move the latter back towards the cooling fan. So we do not have to worry about the original mounts for now. I hope seniors will shed more light on this.

Last edited by diesel_maniac : 7th October 2009 at 10:23.
Old 7th October 2009, 13:07   #87
BHPian

Hello Jasvinder,
Would like to see your workshop. when would it be possible? My office is at Tilak Bridge/ITO.

atul
Old 7th October 2009, 17:50   #88
BHPian

Jas Dont you dare before you finsh my ride !!
Old 7th October 2009, 20:11   #89
BHPian

Hello torque,
Relax buddy, i dont want to either stall your project or steal your gem. Just wanted to see how far the workshop is from my place. Jasvinder has already told me that he'll start only after he's completed your jeep.

atul
Old 8th October 2009, 01:33   #90
BHPian

Jas your a popular man... Where are you buddy. Havent seen your post in a while now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks