Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 07:15   #106
BHPian

Thanks Kaka (UBS) for the practical insight on the topic. This indeed will be very helpful in deciding upon the right tyre size for other vehicles too.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:51   #107
BHPian

Diwali over. Where is the final product?
Old 28th October 2009, 19:37   #108
BHPian

Back in Action !!

We were not able to see much action during the month of October. I really wanted to complete this build before Diwali but the work was delayed due to my missing painter, he has been absconding for the good part of month. I was thinking of filling a missing persons report, but thankfully he returned to work this morning. We were able to spray the base coat on the exteriors of the Jeep which has been standing patiently since the day the surface was sprayed on it a good 18-20 days back. I am seriously hoping to see the paint work completed by this weekend (keeping my fingers crossed). I took a few pictures of the Jeep in the evening after completing the work. During last week I stripped down the old foaming from the seat metal frames and cleaned them up. The following day they were primed painted and delivered for re-foaming and new seat covers. Here are the pictures that I clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06793.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06792.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06788.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06787.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06794.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06770.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06769.jpg  

Old 30th October 2009, 22:33   #109
BHPian

Here are few pictures taken after we sprayed the final coat on the Jeep today.
Attached Thumbnails
Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06800.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06801.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06802.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06803.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06804.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06805.jpg  

Old 30th October 2009, 23:24   #110
BHPian

Jas thanks for the pics buddy.

Forgive me for asking again but whoes willys is that in the front. It looks dishy

Cheers
Old 31st October 2009, 00:16   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
WHAT is this dude??? Ive never seen engines painted that way in my life!!!!!
Old 31st October 2009, 00:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jasvinder, great to see an update after so long.Hope the work is going on alright?
Old 31st October 2009, 03:07   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf1 View Post
WHAT is this dude??? Ive never seen engines painted that way in my life!!!!!

I think engines painted looks cool however silver is the colour i would go for .
Old 31st October 2009, 08:03   #114
BHPian

@Allana: Thanks for the appreciation Allana. The Willys belongs to me as of now. It has been lying at the workshop since last few months. Didn't got the time to work on it due to other commitments (Jeeps). Going to get it running today and if possible start the wiring job to complete it.

@ The Wolf1: The paint you see on the engine is part of the USMC color scheme that we opted for this Jeep. The owner of the Jeep wanted to retain the army look of the Jeep, so we decided to go in for a single color for the whole Jeep as seen on WW2 and other US army and Marine Corps Vehicles. Although we are not experts on the color codes for these vehicles, but we have tried to keep it simple.

@Indojit: Thanks Indojit. Yes the work has started to move forward as it should. Hoping to make up for the lost time. How are things progressing on your side.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:46   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@Indojit: Thanks Indojit. Yes the work has started to move forward as it should. Hoping to make up for the lost time. How are things progressing on your side.
Things are going alright.Have you guys sourced all the parts required for this car?If you need any help please do let me know.
Old 1st November 2009, 20:11   #116
BHPian

Quote:
@Allana: Thanks for the appreciation Allana. The Willys belongs to me as of now. It has been lying at the workshop since last few months. Didn't got the time to work on it due to other commitments (Jeeps). Going to get it running today and if possible start the wiring job to complete it.

@ The Wolf1: The paint you see on the engine is part of the USMC color scheme that we opted for this Jeep. The owner of the Jeep wanted to retain the army look of the Jeep, so we decided to go in for a single color for the whole Jeep as seen on WW2 and other US army and Marine Corps Vehicles. Although we are not experts on the color codes for these vehicles, but we have tried to keep it simple.

Cool good to know. Will wait to see the finished willys. Post us some pics. I hope its a orignal petrol one. Anyway whenever you have the time dude. Cheers
Old 8th November 2009, 18:40   #117
BHPian

Assembly in progress

We have been working to put back all the fittings back to the jeep. It is a very tedious process fitting all those small but crucial components that go into making the Jeep complete. Slowly the Jeep is coming to its own glory with each part adding to its character. I have not clicked much pictures lately as I have been busy with the action. Here are a few that show the Jeep during the assembly process. Finally been able to procure MRF NDMS for Naveens Jeep and my Willys. Hope the ladies will like their new pair of shoes.
Attached Thumbnails
Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06806.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06807.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06808.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06809.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06849.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06850.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06851.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06852.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06853.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06854.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06855.jpg  

Resurrection: A CJ3B STORY-dsc06856.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 19:00   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have been working to put back all the fittings back to the jeep. It is a very tedious process fitting all those small but crucial components that go into making the Jeep complete. Slowly the Jeep is coming to its own glory with each part adding to its character. I have not clicked much pictures lately as I have been busy with the action. Here are a few that show the Jeep during the assembly process. Finally been able to procure MRF NDMS for Naveens Jeep and my Willys. Hope the ladies will like their new pair of shoes.

Hi jasvinder

It surely is looking nice now after its being assembled.One this i would suggest is before you put on the new tyres take both the vehicles and get the caster camber ratio done again.You wouldget the info for that on the internet.If you need any furthur help plsdo ask me.

Regards

Indrojit Sircar
Old 8th November 2009, 20:10   #119
BHPian

Thanks Indrojit for the words and suggestion. Will sure get a proper alignment and Balancing job done !!
Old 9th November 2009, 11:00   #120
BHPian

Jasvinder,....This is the result of your eye for detail, patience and persistance. Not to mention hours and hours of time you have put into this project away from family and your primary business.

Honestly,..for the first few months I would'nt dare take this out into the kind of harsh environ's that we normally put our jeeps thru. Gosh,..even though the jeeps still far complete I am spell bound on the transformation.

I can confidantly say that I have never ever put such blind faith on anybody for a project of this magnitude. I am yet to even look at the canopy material you have picked up. This is the level of confidance you have inspired in me.

Cheers Brother !!! Wishing you many many more such jeep projects.
You need to register you workshop and get professional now.
I think after this you would have pretty much made your own bones !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks