Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 11:31   #526
BANNED

Re: An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the off

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Arreee. Can't be. I rode her in Gokak. Looks like I found the missing twin ...

Attachment 1165280
naah
cant be, Tejas's is MH 04.

check this 2010, 15 Aug pic ( Courtesy Team Bhp Thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2032552 )

Good old days, (sigh)

Pic by good ol jeep captain

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_7370.jpg

Sudarshan
Old 29th January 2015, 14:33   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

re: An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!

I just re read this thread for old times sake. What fun discussions and problem solving discussions we used to have back in 2009! Six years have surely changed a lot of things. The egos, the politics, the groupisms. Sigh. :(

These initial interactions are to be treasured. Let's hope we can get back to this form of discussions again.

Cheers.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 17:02   #528
BHPian

re: An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!

Tejas,

It would be great - if you could share the story around "Cavity".
Old 30th January 2015, 14:21   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj3bDog View Post
Tejas,

It would be great - if you could share the story around "Cavity".
Sure, i'll finish the thread when i get some more spare time.
Old 31st January 2015, 10:41   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Tejas - hello after a very long time. You are absolutely correct, I vividly remember 25 June 2010 and 26 June 2010 EXAMM / AKC events as if they happened yesterday! I will never forget that first obstacle of EXAMM and the articulation hump of AKC. I still visit the exact EXAMM spot sometimes during my vehicle testing trips to Lonavla.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 17:13   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas - hello after a very long time. You are absolutely correct, I vividly remember 25 June 2010 and 26 June 2010 EXAMM / AKC events as if they happened yesterday! I will never forget that first obstacle of EXAMM and the articulation hump of AKC. I still visit the exact EXAMM spot sometimes during my vehicle testing trips to Lonavla.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Which days of the week sir?

We should "catch" the hints given out by Bawa Ji. Please don't forget to take cameras to 'catch" the hint!
Old 2nd February 2015, 10:46   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Which days of the week sir? We should "catch" the hints given out by Bawa Ji. Please don't forget to take cameras to 'catch" the hint!
Dear Parm - hahaha, good one there, I say! .

By the way, that first obstacle is now recorded for degree of inclination and difficulty, it is the benchmark for approach, departure, ramp break-over and side tilt angles. I am attaching a photograph taken during EXAMM for ready reference. That's Alan's Gypsy struggling there. You can interpolate the data now! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-_2006792-copy.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 13:58   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

The new jeep, Cavity is up for sale for another bigger project. Either the full jeep or just the body. Anyone interested, please pm me a realistic and inflated offer.
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:03   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The new jeep, Cavity is up for sale for another bigger project. Either the full jeep or just the body. Anyone interested, please pm me a realistic and inflated offer.
Hi Tejas,

I would suggest you list out a detailed spec sheet, for buyers to give you a realistic quote. Otherwise, all quotes will be for a 'jeep' which will be no where close to what you've spent on it.

It should be something like quote = base vehicle cost + add ons and modifications.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:53   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Tejas,

I would suggest you list out a detailed spec sheet, for buyers to give you a realistic quote. Otherwise, all quotes will be for a 'jeep' which will be no where close to what you've spent on it.

It should be something like quote = base vehicle cost + add ons and modifications.
Dhanush - I think, Tejas had responded to certain questions asked by Arka

Engine - XD3P? Or the DCM 3L engine that Allan used in past? -DCM
GB/Tcase - KMT90-T19? -Yes
Axles - from FC or pickup 58-53 combo? - FC
Diff - 4.88? 5.38? - 4.88 and rear diff lock (Lockright)
SPOA? looks like yes - SPOA
Rear FFRA? Looks like yes? - Yes
AC?* - AC
Pwr String - yes - Yes
Twin shock setup either front or back? - Single shock
Tank capacity and location? - Standard tank standard location - no need to relocate due to height
Traction bar? - yes
Winch, snorkel? - yes and yes
Old 19th December 2015, 19:44   #536

Hi Tejas,

lots of search led me to your this page here... understand this is a Looong time back.. wondering if you could please help me with the same seat, guessing this is the Mahindra Classic rear seat.
hounding you, cause you are from the same city and have been looking for this all over... old new anything ...

sorry for the bother.

Quote:
Updates:

Got front facing rear seats from Atlas Motors.

Cost: 3500/-

I'm gonna modify these, raise it slightly higher upto the wheel arches so that i can fabricate underseat storage.

I'm planning to run 2 aluminum or metal 'T' bars from either side of the wheel arches and mount the seat on it. Below i will weld a aluminum plate and make the tail gate lockable.

Atleast then i don't have to worry about recovery gear getting stolen from my Jeep whenever we stop for tea / breakfast during OTRs.
Old 19th December 2015, 22:15   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmananoop View Post
Hi Tejas,

lots of search led me to your this page here... understand this is a Looong time back.. wondering if you could please help me with the same seat, guessing this is the Mahindra Classic rear seat.
hounding you, cause you are from the same city and have been looking for this all over... old new anything ...

sorry for the bother.
Go to atlas motors at opera house in jeep gulli. Google him for the phone number. He should have it.
Old 19th December 2015, 22:22   #538

Thanx a million... for the guide...

Quote:
Go to atlas motors at opera house in jeep gulli. Google him for the phone number. He should have it.
Old 17th September 2021, 11:25   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, she's gone! I'm sad to see her go but had no choice. But don't worry the plans for the next project are already on the table.
I'm in nashik for the day today (don't speculate why ) and I'll give a full update on the sale and future projects in a couple of days.
It's 11 years today since I sold her!

This popped up on Facebook memories:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-whatsapp-image-20210917-10.50.54-am.jpeg

And guess, what, I just bought her back this month!

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-whatsapp-image-20210907-12.01.36-pm.jpeg

She's reached and parked at Allan's garage. I haven't had the time yet to go and collect her.

Expect this thread to be active!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 13:25   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

So the classic was delivered to Allan's garage and he did the preliminary check up and gave it a go ahead to drive her 35 kms back to my house.

The jeep at his garage:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-black.jpg

First thing was to change the headlights. The previous owner had changed to a black light with rings as you see in the pic above. That needed to go asap.

Went to Atlas motors at Opera House and picked up all the lights. Rather change everything. And it's not expensive. 1500 for front, rear, side and indicator housings with bulbs. Got box delivered to Allan's garage:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-lights.jpg

Lights changed:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-changed-headlight.jpg

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-rear-light.jpg

Allan also serviced the winch and the car was ready for me.

Customary photo with car before driving off:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-img_5358.jpg

Enroute. Had a friend with a thar as a back up:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-drive.jpg

Reached and parked in garage:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-parked.jpg

Son wanted a drive ASAP and prompted declared the classic as his:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-viv.jpg

Some work to be done that was neglected or not upto my mark.

Firstly, I realised that the green tax wasn't paid for a long time and the fitness needed to be renewed.

Got PUC, Fastag done asap for fitness. Even third party insurance was expired. That itself is now nearly 10,000 per year.

Green tax plus motor vehicle tax (after 15 years, need to pay more), including penalties for not paying on time came upto a staggering 60,000! Plus the RTO agent fees. New smart card applied for and would be speed posted home whenever ready.

For fitness, I needed to remove the lights. After that I swapped the KC lights for the light force from my Pajero. The Pajero sees more night and long distance drives and the classic will not be doing as much. So fit the KC Hilites. Yes, they don't look as good, but it's ok.

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-kc.jpg

The seat belts were dusty and the locking didn't work. I guess since the cover was missing, it got damaged due to the elements. In an open jeep with my son, this wasn't a chance I would take.

Old:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-01a-old-belt.jpg

Atlas motors supplied the belts. Rs. 600 for a pair - original:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-01-seat-belt-brand.jpg

The new belt:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-02-new-belts.jpg

Fitted:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-03-new-belt-fit.jpg

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-04-new.jpg

Old cars, need many keys. In my classic I now had a bunch:

1. Ignition
2. Glove Box + under seat box (same key)
3. Centre console lock box
4. spare tyre lock
5. shovel lock
6. hi lift jack lock
7. Fuel tank

Not used to so many keys after driving new gen vehicles and the pocket was bulking up.

So bought a numbered lock box from amazon and bolted it onto the centre box where I can now safety store the keys. Ignition key I will soon make flippy!

The box bolted:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-05-lock-box.jpg

With the keys:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-06-lock-box-ket.jpg

Locked:

An impulsive buy - 1999 Mahindra Classic; Sold and bought back after 10 years!-07-box-locked.jpg

More updates soon.

Have to change fan belt and power steering belt, windshield washer assembly and all hose pipes.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (29) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks