Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 15:38   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
[COLOR=#777777]

Maruti Suzuki Gypsy 2010/ Maruti Suzuki Zen 2005/ Maruti Suzuki Gypsy 1996[/COLOR]
Hi NomadVagabond. I notice from your signature that you've purchased a new gypsy this month. Would be amazing if you could post your buying experience and lots of Pics.

Also, how much did it cost you on road?

Cheers.
Old 25th January 2010, 05:13   #527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanpreet View Post
The only work that Performance Auto did was a Scorpion paint job, the extra fuel tank and air scoop, well it was because i would have saved time getting those made at my end.
happen to know Raj sir since a while, love what he does to the gypsy's. do you make the customized ram air intakes for the CAI's as well?

aman where is your workshop? i come to L block in 25 very often!!

it feels good to know a gypsy man!!!
Old 3rd February 2010, 01:01   #528
BHPian

Posting pictures of my 95 Gypsy 410 W,newly overhauled engine with Auto Mech Exhaust & Green Cotton Wind Air intake,plans to upgrade my tyres to BF Goodrich I m a NEWBIE ,looking for serious offroadding!!

regards!! MI...KI

mods please i dnt mean to insult JEEP found that sticker in a zuk , felt nice so went for it ,i admire JEEP & a TRUE loveR
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-31012010460.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-pic2.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-pic-3.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-pic-4.jpg  

Maruti Gypsy Pictures-picture_062.sized.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd February 2010 at 09:26. Reason: back to back posts
Miki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:09   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hi NomadVagabond. I notice from your signature that you've purchased a new gypsy this month. Would be amazing if you could post your buying experience and lots of Pics.

Also, how much did it cost you on road?

Cheers.
Yes I did buy the Gypsy last month. Well for the price it's 5.47 Lac on road. About the buying experience...well dealers will tell you what not about colors available which are present on the brochure and the maruti website. But, at the end of the day it's like "take the white" anyway my older gypsy was white too so it's kinda ok. The minimum wait time after the booking is like a month. Meanwhile these days I'm having the fun with the cops not stopping me late nights when I go through Delhi police check points which otherwise was pretty annoying. And for the pics...boss it's no different than any other Gypsy. I do plan to get a hard top sometime soon. But, for now planning to have keep the original softtop for a while. It's like enjoying it for now. Will go for Desert Storm with it on. Have changed the tyres the very first day itself to 215 BFGoodrich TA/KO's which I used before for Raid last year. And had done about 5k's. There are a few photographs on my Garage album. I do have some other photographs too. But, well the point is...it's still stock so it's no different. As I modify I'll keep updating photographs.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 3rd February 2010, 04:12   #530
BANNED

Miki.. lovely ride you got there!
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:31   #531
BHPian

Miki nice gypsy you got there . Love the roof lights , is it Hella?
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:01   #532
Senior - BHPian

Stickers

Miki,
Nice looking Gypsy. Sure to turn heads! But please consider remaking the stickers- No, not because it is a jeep bashing, because it has lot of spelling mistakes

OT- Why dont i see a Gypsy bashing sticker on any Jeep?? Iam yet to come across a (Indian) jeep owner slamming a Gypsy or any other 4x4 with stickers. Jeep stickers just speak about themselves. But other 4x4 stickers still speak about jeep- ofcourse in a negetive way!! :-))) Is it because of superiority complex or is it because some Gypsy owners get recognition/ attention by slamming stickers? LOL

p.s- Miki, i genuinely trust you are a jeep lover. Hence this post is not against you. Just trying to understand this sticker phenomenon on so many Jeep-sy's. :-))
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:45   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
But other 4x4 stickers still speak about jeep- ofcourse in a negetive way!! :-))) Is it because of superiority complex or is it because some Gypsy owners get recognition/ attention by slamming stickers? LOL

p.s- Miki, i genuinely trust you are a jeep lover. Hence this post is not against you. Just trying to understand this sticker phenomenon on so many Jeep-sy's. :-))
Not to be rude or something like that. But, Vinod. I know many a Jeep owners who loath and secretly admire the Gypsy. Agree that both vehicles belong to the same category and a Gypsy is a prodigy of the Jeep. But, the practicality where a Gypsy can do almost all the feats that any other Jeep does and at the same time goes flat out on off roads is what makes it something like an "Owners Pride & Neighbours Envy". A very known Jeeper from Delhi has been rumored to be in the process of procuring a Gypsy after years of him bashing up Gypsy's for being the brat of the lot.

At the end of the day, the Gypsy still remains the Gypsy.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:13   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Not to be rude or something like that. But, Vinod. I know many a Jeep owners who loath and secretly admire the Gypsy.
At the end of the day, the Gypsy still remains the Gypsy.

Regards,

Anirban.
Anirban,
The discussion here is about the stickers not about the abilities of jeep and Gypsy. You are right, iam a jeep owner and i openly (not secretly) admire Gypsy and many Gypsy owners also admire jeeps.

The question is why jeep bashing stickers on a Gypsy by owners where as jeeps have stickers like-"its a jeep thing you wont understand"? (not Gypsy / other 4x4 bashing)- or may be iam taking it too seriously and may be they dont mean it. May be they just want to look trendy. may be..:-))

Just trying to understand the mentality behind it, thats all yar!

Anyway, lets not deviate topic. Let the pics of beauties flow. Gypsy is a Gypsy any day-cant be a F$%^g jeep!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 3rd February 2010 at 12:16.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:27   #535
BHPian

A better idea would be to have a sticker saying

"Its not a Jeep ! :-)"

Smiley included
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:03   #536
BHPian

Saintsinner ,Vinod& monkeyboy4u Thanx for your comments!!yes karizma 9292 they are Hella 450 f
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:14   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
iam a jeep owner and i openly (not secretly) admire Gypsy and many Gypsy owners also admire jeeps.
Yes Sir, i am definitely one of those Gypsy owners who admire a JEEP!
Not that i don't love my Gypsy but my dream garage would be to have both of these
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:44   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Yes Sir, i am definitely one of those Gypsy owners who admire a JEEP!
Not that i don't love my Gypsy but my dream garage would be to have both of these
I also Admire jeeps but only and only the good old Willy's that too the non absurdly modified ones. Without fat flabby tyres etc etc. Maybe someday I'd "Like" to own one too. But, no such inclination as of now.

Quote:
Just trying to understand the mentality behind it, thats all yar!

Gypsy is a Gypsy any day-cant be a F$%^g jeep!
Now isn't that Gypsy bashing?

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 4th February 2010, 21:39   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Inside of the cabin is all the same except it has an additional ODO meter and RPM meter.... but soon i m making a custom dashboard for the Gypsy.
hey i would love to see a custom dashboard hey if you have any dea we can share it i was planning to do my dash board
Old 5th February 2010, 00:14   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Gypsy.
Boss if you get to see this soon. Please message me your competition number.

Regards,

Anirban.

Most Viewed