Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 12:20   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unreasonable dilemma! Thar Vs Gypsy! Mostly resolved Page 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
I am so sorry. It's a 2003 model ex police. My mistake.
Oh okay. Any specific reason for disposing it in lieu of a new one, if it is running fine? Does not make sense unless you are planning to go for a HT this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
I think as long as you opt for the white colour you should be okay.
I can vouch for that. Stick to white if you want "inner peace" and timely delivery I, for one, have opted for sleepless nights with my pleas for a Blue Gypsy falling on deaf ears!!
Old 27th July 2016, 16:42   #197
BHPian

Seems like the gypsy is available only in white colour and only as a soft top. Might be worthwhile waiting for the jimny.

Can anyone suggest the right place in Mumbai for
1. Fitting a hard top to a gypsy
2. Fitting an a c
3. Interiors and exteriors enhancements like front facing rear seats , bull bar , fog lamps , rock sliders etc
4. Suspension modifications , mainly to make the ride more comfortable -revise the leaf springs and change the shock absorbers

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2016 at 17:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 28th July 2016, 09:43   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Fitting a hard top to a gypsy - Try contacting BHPian Xtremepower (Allan)
2. Fitting an a c - Mr Sripadh at Mahim does a fab job. Let me know if you need the contact info.
3. Interiors and exteriors enhancements like front facing rear seats , bull bar , fog lamps , rock sliders etc - Xtremepower (Allan)
4. Suspension modifications , mainly to make the ride more comfortable -revise the leaf springs and change the shock absorbers - Try contacting Zak who is the official reseller for Ironman. You should find his info on the Ironman website.
Answers in bold.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 11:06   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you planning to get all this done on the new Gypsy or your existing one?
Old 28th July 2016, 11:15   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you planning to get all this done on the new Gypsy or your existing one?
I am planning to sell off my existing gyspy and then book a new one and get it modified as per my needs.
Old 28th July 2016, 11:59   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to sell off my existing gyspy and then book a new one and get it modified as per my needs.
Cool! So are you okay with white or would want to explore the option of getting other colours as well?
Old 31st July 2016, 13:50   #202
BHPian

Had a chat over phone with the Suzuki authorised dealer in Navi Mumbai. I was told The gypsy is available in both soft top and hard top and red and white colours. O t r price 6.3 and 6.5 lakhs for soft and hard top respectively. I am sceptical about the factory fitted hard top though. Never seen one recently.
Old 31st July 2016, 14:12   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a chat over phone with the Suzuki authorised dealer in Navi Mumbai. I was told The gypsy is available in both soft top and hard top and red and white colours. O t r price 6.3 and 6.5 lakhs for soft and hard top respectively. I am sceptical about the factory fitted hard top though. Never seen one recently.
Red is available? What was the wait period quoted?

These cannot be on-road prices. These are ex-showroom prices. Please double-check.

By any chance, would you be interested in a Dolphin Blue gypsy?
Old 31st July 2016, 16:21   #204
BHPian

Quote:
I have a 1997 model Gypsy King (carb) with a factory fitted fiberglass hardtop. Have not had any issues with the top except for having to get the beading around the windows changed as the metal rims rusted away. No rattle, no leak. Have never taken it off, so son't know if that might cause issues.
Old 31st July 2016, 17:55   #205
BHPian

Even I thought the prices were too less but the salesperson was not that interested in going into the details. Wait period he told about 3 months. Will have to visit and clarify. Also I think it's better to get a soft top and then get a hard top fitted from somewhere good. It seems funny to order a hard top without being able to actually see it.
Old 31st July 2016, 18:53   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I thought the prices were too less but the salesperson was not that interested in going into the details. Wait period he told about 3 months. Will have to visit and clarify. Also I think it's better to get a soft top and then get a hard top fitted from somewhere good. It seems funny to order a hard top without being able to actually see it.
I have not heard of any complains regarding the OEM HT - folks like Starter and Vikram Arya can comment as they own / have owned HT Gypsies. Personally, I'd prefer OEM HT as opposed to after market ones.

Sorry to repeat my query - would you be interested in a Blue Gypsy? More the orders, more chances of production kicking off for the color
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 21:56   #207
BHPian

@cool_dube, sorry for the late reply , no I m not interested in the blue colour. I prefer white or red. Anyway I have deferred the purchase by 2-3 months. Will be shifting house after a couple of months and I need my gypsy for that. I plan on selling it by this year end.
Old 1st August 2016, 03:54   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I have not heard of any complains regarding the OEM HT - folks like Starter and Vikram Arya can comment as they own / have owned HT Gypsies. Personally, I'd prefer OEM HT as opposed to after market ones.
In January earlier this year I have bought a brand new Gypsy King HT and couldn’t be happier. The reason I opted for HT vs ST is because of ingression of dust and better weather proofing. My vehicle will primarily be used in mountain areas so protection against elements was of paramount importance. HT also allows slightly less amount of road noise inside the cabin. Since I got the car in January & had to get back back by the end of the month (I'm able to visit India only once a year for 3 to 4 weeks) it was brief love affair (for now)

Back in 1994 my father had a brand new hard top MG 410W as one of his staff cars (that is when I was bitten by the Gypsy bug) and I can tell you that the HT version had better sound proofing & slightly better ride as some of the soft tops that I had driven (added weight of HT helps a little) previously. For about 4 years that we had the vehicle the hard top held up pretty well with no rattles or any other issues whatsoever.

Getting a factory fitted HT is better than getting one from a third party. Besides the difference in HT & ST is barely Rs 15,000 and I don't know if you can get such a well finished HT from a third party for this price. Therefore unless you plan on going to a specialized guy who can promise an immaculate fit and finish I would strongly recommend going in for a factory fitted HT version if you can get your hands on one.

Quote:
The prices that your dealer is quoting you are ex showroom prices & not otr.

Following are exact ex showroom prices for Dombivli which I assume is a town close to where you’re.

* Prices quoted from Maruti Suzuki website
Attached Thumbnails
Unreasonable dilemma! Thar Vs Gypsy! Mostly resolved Page 9.-capture.png  

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 1st August 2016 at 04:12.
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 12:15   #209
BHPian

Quote:
I may have missed out on your response, but was not clear on why you want to dispose your existing Gypsy, and whether you are in a hurry.
Because,otherwise, you could wait for the launch of the next generation Jimny in 2017.
Old 1st August 2016, 12:33   #210
BHPian

The price list Vikram arya has given matches the quote given to me. Thanks for sharing your experience. Makes sense to go with the factory fitted h t.
@autosphere , my gypsy is 13 years old. Fitting an a c and h t or spending too much on it is nt a good idea. Better to go for a new one. The jimny is a good option but there are no details available regarding its launch and size , specifications etc. If Maruti stops selling the gypsy next year and I don't like the jimny I ll be stuck in no mans land. So I ll place my order by November

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks