Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 10:49   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Team-BHP's 13th birthday, let's celebrate our independence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Heck, forget direct car ads, we even go as far as to block car ads served indirectly (e.g. via Google AdSense & other networks).
Not really easy to beat Google, I'd say?

Ironically it's coming up while I reply to this post
On Team-BHP's 13th birthday, let's celebrate our independence-temp.jpg

Edit: Disclaimer: I haven't been car-hunting for over a year; never on this laptop; and certainly never for the Cherokee!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 14th February 2017 at 10:51.
ninjatalli is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Many many happy returns of the day Team BHP !! You have played many roles within these 13 years of your life !!

A role of a innocent child to the guardians (Moderators),
A role of a Guiding Father to your children (Lakhs of curious readers who want advices)
A role of a Friend to a "friend in need" (Bhpians who are in need of support)

Friends have grown you so much that you are the No. 1 today in the automative world !

There are times, few bad boys have tried to spoil you (through bad quality posts) but your guardians have ensured to keep you Pure and Genuine !!

Wish you many more 100 happy years! !

Keep growing and Winning !!

Thanks to all Guardians, Friends, Children and other relatives of this Team BHP !! who are the cause for what Team BHP today is.

Last edited by gkveda : 14th February 2017 at 10:52.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:53   #33
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP. I have been reading this forum for the past five years ever since I bought my car. Most people read it because they cars or bikes but I read it because I love passion and stories and I find that in almost every single article there. I am not a petrol head and I don't even enjoy driving that much but I love the site and the transparency it provides.

GTO and team it is no small feat to do what you have managed to do. In a world motivated by money and accomplishments, you have managed to run the forum in an absolutely neutral and idealistic way. Thank you guys for the passion and love. It means a lot to a lot of us who are silent spectators but do care a lot.
akshay_ritz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP!

As rightly mentioned by GTO, the spirit of this forum is its independence from the very industry it serves. In a country like ours where every automaker is trying to get into the eyes of customers at any cost, imagine the extent to which companies will be willing to go to advertise on a forum that offers such rich and vibrant readership. Despite these potentially lucrative deals at hand, sticking to the forum's core values and principles for 13 long years is indeed a task on its own.

I have often been asked what makes Team-BHP so big. And my reply always includes two words - 'independence' and 'members'. From people penning down their ownership reviews with the most intricate details possible, to sharing travelogue images that can leave one in awe! The sheer joy every member feels in sharing experiences on the forum is unmatched.

Nothing makes me more proud than being a BHPian. Here’s to many more years of redlining the Indian Automotive Scene!
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:58   #35
BHPian

Happy 13th Team-Bhp.

It is one place where I look forward to every car review, monthly car sales number and travelogues.

Cheers!!
sunny29584 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:00   #36
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team bhp!
And a toast to many more years of independence!
N.r.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:01   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Not really easy to beat Google, I'd say?

Ironically it's coming up while I reply to this post
Will check & reply to the other posts later, but a clarification here.

1. Your IP address is international. You are in the USA?

2. Google has a limit on the number of ads & urls that one can block via AdSense.

3. As would be obvious, international traffic to Team-BHP is minuscule. We are primarily (and prefer to be) a website focusing on the Indian car scene.

Keeping points 2 & 3 in mind, we don't block any international ads because we'd rather preserve our ad block caps for India.
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:07   #38
BHPian

So this day is special in more than one way, and a lot of it got much to do with the teens. Congrats TBHP, everyone involved, everything it stands for & here's to hoping a lot many of this special day.

Wishing you TBHP a very Happy 13th Birthday!
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:12   #39
BHPian

Wishing TBHP a high octane birthday! We are all together because of TBHP and TBHP is because of us all together.
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Here's to Honesty, Integrity, and Equality. In this age of survival of the fittest, these three qualities is what makes this forum so kickass.

Wishing Team-Bhp success and forever. Happy birthday!

Thank you Admins.
9thsphinx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:49   #41
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy Teens Team - BHP

I joined the Forum in 2009 and have enjoyed my daily dose on this wonderful Forum.

A big for the Moderators who have done fantastic job of moderation and in my opinion have been very practical in their approach.

My fellow D's commitment towards maintaining the quality of posts, making the experience so much better.

The Vintage Section is now one of the most sought after, for the purpose of research on the historical vehicles in India.

Great job GTO and Rehaan. Keep up the fantastic job

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:06   #42
BHPian

Wishing all the TBHPians a very Happy Birthday. It’s our Birthday today isn’t it. Straight out of the heart write up GTO, so true of being INDEPENDENT. My friends used to look at me for any sort of automobile related answers and I used to proudly tell them all that I am being trained at TBHP, and this was in the year 2005.

A phenomenal job GTO & Mod's for keeping this community clean.
TorqueTwist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:07   #43
BHPian

Happy Birthday Big Daddy..!

Another moment to feel proud to be part of this wonderful community. Big salute to the moderators who are working immensely to maintain this forum in top shape, no match to your hard work Soldiers.

Even if I try to do nitpicking on this forum to complain about anything, I couldn't find any, such is the administration. Great work and congrats to the entire team making this happen. You guys are not only improving the site content, you guys also developing the skills of each and every member. Kudos to your service.

Good to know that Team-BHP born on valentines day.! All the motor heads now got another hidden reason to celebrate the day in the name of Valentines day .

By the way is there any background story for how our lovely site born on valentines day? our community would love to read it on the birthday.
EPMV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:08   #44
BHPian

I am so grateful to GTO, the mod team, and all the members who made this website what it is with their valuable contributions. I am really glad a platform like this exists in today's age.

I remember buying auto magazines every month from news stands as a kid (I have a collection of over 10-13 years of various Indian auto mags). I can safely say that I haven't bought a single auto magazine in last 7 years. TBHP provides so much more: more content, honest reviews, great photography, discussion/opinion from other user. I am no more limited to the biased opinion of a single journalist (influenced by advt money).

Thank you, I hope this legacy continues for decades to come. And congratulations on this milestone.
CarCynic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:11   #45
BHPian

Happy Birthday TEAM-BHP.

In today's biased and selfish world, Team-Bhp has made a huge difference by being "UNBIASED" for 13 YEARS. Kudos to Moderators & Team-Bhp support team for their juggernaut efforts.

I certainly take pride in boasting around being a member of this righteous forum. After my membership has been approved, I try to do my small bit by following traffick rules more rigorously than ever just to make sure that name of our forum is not maligned in eyes of public due to irresponsible behavior of members. (There is saying from Akbar Birbal Story - "Bund Se gayi, wo haud se nahi aati", which simply means that RESEPCT once lost by small wrong-doings can not be earned back easily)

May this forum climb peak to peak
NickKohl123 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks