Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 11:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wishing our beloved Team-BHP a very happy 16th birthday ! On this special occasion....
Congrats Team-BHP, and a happy Sweet Sixteen Birthday too. I am so happy to have been a part of Team-BHP since 2008, almost 12 years

Quote:
• Some interesting attachment stats for you. Because of his incredibly detailed travelogues (sample link), Distinguished BHPian laluks is the leader by far. Simply no contest:
Oh My God
I never thought I'd get a mention in this opening post.

That's about 1.3% of all attachments space. I used to make sure I compress the files before uploading, still its an average 300KB per attachment. Hope GTO won't mind spending for my antics, Thanks a lot to all BHPians who had been motivating me to log these, and reading my tales. My logs have come down a bit these days, moving away for younger travelers and their logs. But my travels have not come down, but rather increased.

Quote:
• Do you like the Travelogues section? That was Rehaan’s idea. And all Distinguished BHPians should thank Samurai as he proposed that special recognition of our top contributors.
Thanks, Rehaan for the great section. In fact I joined Team-BHP for this section alone way back in 2008. If you guys still have my registration request on why I wanted to join Team-BHP you'd find this mentioned. From then on receiving my only infraction from Samurai for a mention of alcohol after the rule was formed, to getting a DBHPian status for the contributions to Team-BHP its been so great. Thanks, Samurai.

In the earlier days after assembly line was formed, Stratos always used to get my travelogues live as soon as I reported.

Do you now my little girls are referred to as Jr. and Sr. Power Puff Girls (PPGs) in our circles even today due to these travelogues I wrote .

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2020 at 12:57. Reason: As per last edit reason :)
laluks is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 11:39   #32
Team-BHP Support

Hello sexy sweet 16 of mine Happy valentine's to you all too..

Eddy reminded me, I also have more Team-BHP related travel stamping than other travels on my passport, one of my ex Manager's actually quizzed me on this lol and she was very suspicious of what I was upto. Lot of fun memories like this, and great friends through the forum.

Looking forward to celebrating the 40th birthday too...
Jaggu is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 11:39   #33
BHPian

Happy 16th TBHP

It has been my go-to place for anything and everything even apart from cars. In fact , when i purchased a mattress from a hitherto unknown brand, my wife asked me where did i come to know about it. After hearing my answer, rolling eyes

Keep up the good work
InControl is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 11:45   #34
BHPian

Wishing Team-BHP a very Happy Sweet Sixteen!

Cannot emphasize enough how elated I was when I finally got the membership. And how vital the forum has been in helping me, be it our recent car purchase experience, a warranty hiccup or any other non auto topic too that's discussed here.

Looking forward to growing older and even more wiser with the forum
TROOPER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 11:57   #35
BHPian

Happy Sweet 16 TeamBHP!
Last year, I became a part of this esteemed forum but was a daily visitor from 2014. Even when I was not a member, I was so happy to come back from school and look for new threads.
Also, TeamBHP played a major role in improving my English.
My dad and I were the happiest people on earth when I got the membership.
Whenever anyone is about to buy a car in our family, my dad's first dialogue is "Pehle TeamBHP ka review padhle".
May this forum continue to redline the Indian automotive scene forever!

Fun fact- I am just one year older than the forum

Last edited by Nazaar25 : 14th February 2020 at 12:01.
Nazaar25 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Commendable job GTO and Mods, and all the early members.
One thing that really sets this forum apart from all the others I have been and seen is the seriousness in the community and the content focus in the post.

Perhaps the biggest reason why it is a joy reading and writing on this forum.

Of course "take the bulls by horns" attitude by not selling out is a great core ethos that attracts viewers from worldwide.

*Applause*

Last edited by alpha1 : 14th February 2020 at 12:10.
alpha1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:10   #37
BHPian

Happy Sweet 16th, TEAM BHP.
On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-team-bhp.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 17th February 2020 at 07:47. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:13   #38
BHPian

Wishing TEAM-BHP a very happy 16th birthday!!

Congratulations to GTO and all the other Moderators for building and maintaining this excellent platform. Thank you.
embee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:14   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy 16th birthday to the team and to Team-BHP!

In my 11+ years of being on Team-BHP, the quality and innovation on the forum has only gone up - and I look forward to more maturity over the coming years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I suppose a trivia I forgot to mention to GTO before he posted this thread was that some of us mods have never even met GTO in person.
We all look forward to meeting each other in person and sharing stories - but the virtual meet-ups online form more friendships in real life than school, college or workplaces ever did. Trivia: Of the 70 Distinguished BHPians listed today (apart from me), I've only met and interacted with 13. Of the 32 moderators at present, I've only ever met 5 face-to-face.
SS-Traveller is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:26   #40
BHPian

Happy 16th birthday to Team-BHP ! Special thanks to GTO and all other moderators.

This forum is an addiction to me and this has grown over in recent times so much that the first page which I open once I am at my office desk is - Team-BHP.

The very first time I stumbled Team-BHP was some where around 2008 - 2009 and have been an avid follower since then. Directly/indirectly this forum has made me a better driver, maintain patience levels while driving on our Indian roads. I was very happy when my membership was approved at the first attempt after reading stories in internet of how difficult is to crack the membership of Team-BHP.

Apart from safe driving, travelogues many other threads on "Shifting gears" is giving me something new.

Though thanks is a small word, thanks again to all of our members too for all the contributions !!

Last edited by bvasista : 14th February 2020 at 12:28.
bvasista is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:28   #41
BANNED

Happy 16th Birthday Team bhp. Thank you Mods for all your effort to make such wonderful forum.
pawarsw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:36   #42
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 16 years and the journey is just beginning. The team-bhp forum is the most amazing place where I have spend most time online. It is my online pad and there is noting like it.

My association with Team-BHP started in 2008 when I was looking for some information on i10 and I have been hooked ever since. I tried to be a member and was rejected 3 or 5 times before finally being approved as a member in 2019. May be the new rules for approval of membership helped as mentioned in trivia by GTO but I am grateful to be a member.

In 2008, I had virtually zero knowledge of any cars. I bought my first car having no clue about handling or engine. The more I read Team-BHP, the more knowledge I gained and also realised why I was rejected many times. I am glad to be a part of the community that is so passionate. I am learning something each day here.

Thank your Team-Bhp for being there for all of us members and non-members!
RajeevSharma is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, what a month to get into the forum. Sixteen years of brutally honest reviews and sixteen years of redefining the car scene, wishing a happy sixteenth to the moderators and the members alike for keeping this wonderful forum just like the way it should be.

Special thanks for introducing the travelogue section because that is one of the prime reasons for me visiting the forum regularly ever since it was started. Whenever a need arises for a new car buyer, I have always counted on the forum for reviews and you guys have never disappointed.

Wishing you all success for the coming years to come, may the community brings in joy and happiness to countless motorheads just like the way it has been doing from the first day.

Last edited by navin : 14th February 2020 at 13:08. Reason: typos and extra spaces before punctuation marks
ABHI_1512 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:47   #44
BHPian

Happy 16th Birthday T-BHP

I really can't explain how TBHP fueled my passion for Automobiles which made me get into the profession. I owe quite a lot to TBHP's information, be it preparing for interviews or becoming the automobile guru for all my family and friends.

One can't imagine the car scene without TBHP. I wish everyone a very happy 16th and don't forget to enjoy the remaining few years of teenage
musclecar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 12:49   #45
BHPian

Wishing TeamBHP a Very Happy Sweet Sixteen. I feel proud to be a part of this outstanding forum. In a time when most Social Media platforms are agenda-driven, I find TeamBHP a refreshing change. A pure forum where like-minded members share their passion & are helped, guided & lauded by fellow members.

Though I joined because of a shared love for autos, I really like the travelogues & the photography posted by TBHPians.

Thanks again for taking me as a member & wishing Many, Many Happy Returns of this Day!!!
laser2707 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed