Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 20:35   #5266
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I recently got a Viofo A229 Plus 2ch Dashcam for my Kia Seltos.
Just curious...is there a way to install the Viofo App on the Car Infotainment System, so i can connect to the Camera and view the Recorded Videos on the 10 inch screen?
abhi3284 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 10:20   #5267

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Any reviews on NEXDIGITRON ACE 2 DashCam, In-Built GPS? Getting this dual channel dash cam for 5k. Opting for this one as they also have service centres and installation centre in Pune.
Where is the installation centre in Pune? Do they install at their service centre?
Old 28th May 2024, 10:30   #5268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naba8828 View Post
Where is the installation centre in Pune? Do they install at their service centre?
I rechecked with them. They only offer home deliveries of the product. No installation.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 21:40   #5269
BHPian

Hyundai ASC is selling Dashcam HMEB-300E which can be powered from 12V socket, It comes with front and rear. Has anyone used it? Is it worth its price of 11K.

I need one for my Alcazar. The Service centre recommends this from
Warranty point of view. However I cannot see any feedback about it anywhere. Has anyone used it? Any pros and cons? Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 11:26   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi,
d. Does the front USB port supply continuous power even when the car is shut ? If so then it takes away major hassle of hardwiring Dashcam.
I connected my VIOFO to the rear USB and it shuts on and off in tandem with the car getting started and switched off. Oddly, I have got LED lights on my dash connected to the front USB and it does not switch off unless I manually switch it off or remove it from the USB bracket, so there must be continuous power even when the car is shut down.

The reason why people hardwire is so that it does not drain the car battery.
Old 30th May 2024, 06:33   #5271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
The reason why people hardwire is so that it does not drain the car battery.
How does 'hardwire' prevent the battery drain?
Old 30th May 2024, 09:01   #5272
RGM

Request forum members to provide their reviews of Woodman dashcam - seems to be the only one offering front and rear at a price point of 6.5k. is it worth the hype and is the quality of recording footage good?
Old 30th May 2024, 09:08   #5273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Hyundai ASC is selling Dashcam HMEB-300E which can be powered from 12V socket, It comes with front and rear. Has anyone used it? Is it worth its price of 11K.

I need one for my Alcazar. The Service centre recommends this from
Warranty point of view. However I cannot see any feedback about it anywhere. Has anyone used it? Any pros and cons? Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks
There is no warranty issue if a dashcam is plugged in 12V socket. There are much better dashcams available in market so no need to depend on service center. They don't stock popular ones and try to push what they have to make money. You can search this thread itself for recommendations. You can install yourself or take help from any accessories shop who can do it for you at a nominal price.

Note : Even hardwiring should not void warranty as long as wires are not cut. But most people go with plug and play option (12 v port) if parking survilience is not needed.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th May 2024 at 09:14.
Old 30th May 2024, 10:25   #5274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
There is no warranty issue if a dashcam is plugged in 12V socket. There are much better dashcams available in market so no need to depend on service center. They don't stock popular ones and try to push what they have to make money. You can search this thread itself for recommendations. You can install yourself or take help from any accessories shop who can do it for you at a nominal price.

Note : Even hardwiring should not void warranty as long as wires are not cut. But most people go with plug and play option (12 v port) if parking survilience is not needed.
Thanks a lot, I am not looking for Parking surveillance. So a plug and play will work just fine for me. I will look up the thread and see what recommendations are in place. I just need something where wires are concealed. Otherwise, plug and play works fine with me. Would you have any recommendations that are easily available and easy to install?

Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 11:42   #5275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Thanks a lot, I am not looking for Parking surveillance. So a plug and play will work just fine for me. I will look up the thread and see what recommendations are in place. I just need something where wires are concealed. Otherwise, plug and play works fine with me. Would you have any recommendations that are easily available and easy to install?

Thanks
I am using 70mai A500S pro plus+ dual channel cam which I ordered online via Amazon. It is also available directly at the seller website. I took help from accessories shop near my place for concealed wire routing. Please note that you need to be careful for wire routing in case your car has side/curtain airbags. Mine has only 2 front airbags so it was straightforward.

There are other dascams from 70mai, Viofo, DDPAI, Qubo etc depending on your budget, features, battery type etc.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th May 2024 at 11:44.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 11:44   #5276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am using 70mai A500S pro plus+ dual channel cam which I ordered online via Amazon. It is also available directly at the seller website. There are other dascams from 70mai, Viofo, DDPAI, Qubo etc depending on your budget, features, battery type etc.
Thanks Mate, I will look those up. I am happy spending between 10-15K on a good dashcam. Thank you for your inputs.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 11:55   #5277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How does 'hardwire' prevent the battery drain?
I am no expert on the subject matter, but from what I understand it seems the "hardwire kit" has an in-built voltage cut off which protects the car's battery from being drained.
jomyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 12:00   #5278
BHPian

Quote:
I am no expert on the subject matter, but from what I understand it seems the "hardwire kit" has an in-built voltage cut off which protects the car's battery from being drained.
You will be connecting to 'aux' supply and powered only when key is turned ON if you connect properly.
Old 30th May 2024, 15:44   #5279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
You will be connecting to 'aux' supply and powered only when key is turned ON if you connect properly.
This doesn't sound correct. Hardwiring means direct connection to battery (via OBD port or fuse). It is powered always irrespective of key ON or OFF. Power gets disconnected only when the battery voltage drops below a threshold to avoid battery drain. If not for this feature, there is no benefit of hardwiring over 12v socket which switches off when ignition is turned off (for most of the cars).

What @jomyboy has mentioned below sounds more like it.

Quote:

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th May 2024 at 15:48.
Old 31st May 2024, 09:00   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM View Post
Request forum members to provide their reviews of Woodman dashcam - seems to be the only one offering front and rear at a price point of 6.5k. is it worth the hype and is the quality of recording footage good?
I have no experience with their dashcam, but their android players have lots of issues. They've been known to rig the units to show higher rams and specs. I personally own one, and it's always giving trouble. Every time I contact them, they "fix" the issue with a reset. Going by their behavior, I don't think they'll ever honor warranty claims.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks