Old 13th August 2007, 21:50   #886
BHPian

I have the following setup in my swift
pioneer hu 4900 with ipod cable
JBL gto 607c for fronts
JBL 6" coaxials for rear doors CS2165
JBL 60.4 4 channel amp
JBL 12" CS1204T bass tube in the boot

Now I noticed that in the back seat I am getting mostly the boom sound, not the clear music as in the front, what can I do to correct it?? and also suggest me good amp settings. audio GURUs help me on this.
Old 13th August 2007, 23:59   #887
Senior - BHPian

what is the EQ setting in the HU.
Old 14th August 2007, 06:02   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I tried changing the EQ settings in the HU but the problem remains same.
Old 14th August 2007, 09:21   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmano View Post
I have the following setup in my swift
pioneer hu 4900 with ipod cable
JBL gto 607c for fronts
JBL 6" coaxials for rear doors CS2165
JBL 60.4 4 channel amp
JBL 12" CS1204T bass tube in the boot

Now I noticed that in the back seat I am getting mostly the boom sound, not the clear music as in the front, what can I do to correct it?? and also suggest me good amp settings. audio GURUs help me on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Quote:
I tried changing the EQ settings in the HU but the problem remains same.
You have a 4 channel amplifier and 4 speakers and a subwoofer.
  • Make sure that the rear speakers and subwofer are not attached to the same channel (which has LPF on)
  • The right way to connect this is to connect the front components to the front channel of the amplifier (HPF on at 80hz) and Subwoofer connected to rear channel (LPF on at 80hz)
  • Rear speakers will be connected to the rear channel of the HU. However you will find that due to the limitations of the amp on the HU, the rear may be soft. You can:
  • either buy a monoblock amplifier for the subwoofer and use the 60.4 to drive the front components and rear coaxials or
  • lower the gains on the CS60.4, both on the front compos and the rear subwoofer. This will cause the rear coax to sound louder BUT
  • do not expect the rear coaxials to sound as clear as the front components. The speakers are different, the positioning in the car is different
Old 14th August 2007, 11:35   #890
netpark

Hi! Thank you all for your sugestions.

After going through different options, suggestions, I've decided to go for the following setup which is giving me pleasure of music in my car. You still have option to correct me if I'm going out technically.
I've also noted the prices in Bangalore (grey). Please let me know if I'm carried away (by price) by the shop people.

HU: Pioneer 6950-Rs.7,000/-
fron speaker: Infinity-6620 component system (as suggested by DerAlte)-Rs.6,000/-
Rear Speaker: JBL-T595 (9x6, 150 RMS)-Cost-Rs.7,500/-
Amp: JBL 60.4 -Rs.5,000/-

Infinity 6022i (6 1/2' co-ax) was quoted Rs.4,200/-

Thanks

Old 14th August 2007, 13:15   #891
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netpark View Post
Hi!. I'm new to this forum and I need your advice for my car (swift)
Here are my choice and please guide me.
HU: Pioneed 6950
fron speaker: Infinity-6622i (6 1/2 inch)
Rear Speaker: JBL-T595 (9x6, 150 RMS)
Amp: JBL 60.2 (2 channel for rear speakers)

Please advice me if this configuration is good or Bad??????
For a few Rs. more you could have got the 6020 instead of the 6022 and the 60.4 instead of the 60.2. Net additional outflow would be about 8K but hainvg components and powering all 4 speakers would push the performance up a couple of notches.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:38   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netpark View Post
HU: Pioneer 6950-Rs.7,000/-
fron speaker: Infinity-6620 component system (as suggested by DerAlte)-Rs.6,000/-
Rear Speaker: JBL-T595 (9x6, 150 RMS)-Cost-Rs.7,500/-
Amp: JBL 60.4 -Rs.5,000/-

Infinity 6022i (6 1/2' co-ax) was quoted Rs.4,200/-
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
For a few Rs. more you could have got the 6020 instead of the 6022 and the 60.4 instead of the 60.2. Net additional outflow would be about 8K but hainvg components and powering all 4 speakers would push the performance up a couple of notches.
The grey prices seem OK.

Navin, I think @netpark is referring to 6020 that I had suggested, the '6620' must be a typo.

But now since he wants to put in T595 we have to suggest the JBL 75.4 or some more powerful amp for him. Also, maybe the T696 as Sam suggested, instead of the T595. Besht! Sam-bhai, T696 kitte mein milta?

@netpark, where did you get the grey quote from?
Old 14th August 2007, 22:18   #893
BHPian

Thanks Sam sir. I will check the connections morrow.
If I want to buy a mono block amp, which one is suited for my setup? or can I buy a 2 channel amp and connect it to the sub?
are the rear coaxials good (what I am using) or I need to change them also?
Old 15th August 2007, 02:02   #894
Team-BHP Support

Basic ICE for Swift

Basic Information

Car: Swift VDI

Budget: 10 - 12 K.

Self Driven

Music preference: Normal FM songs, old hindi songs, soft rock. Loud music only once in a while when favorite songs play

NOT ready to sacrifice my boot space/modify door panels

Particulars

* I am a complete novice when it comes to ICE and the technicalities that are associated with it. All I need is a system that plays my kind of music and fits into my budget.
* I am not into heavy metal, rock kinda music so I assume even a good basic system will do.

* Important: I do not want to compromise on the boot space. Also, is it possible to fit the rear speakers anywhere except a tray where they are generally fit ? The tray (IMO) would contribute to rattles which are anyways associated with the swift. So can they be fitted in the door or somewhere ?

* Do I need tweeters ?

PS: I know that you guys probably discuss more "happening" systems but do give in your suggestions

PS: I did go through the Basic ICE systems in various budgets wala thread but require some specific answers here.

Thanks in advance
Old 15th August 2007, 11:45   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Basic Information
Car: Swift VDI
Budget: 10 - 12 K.
NOT ready to sacrifice my boot space/modify door panels
* I am a complete novice when it comes to ICE and the technicalities that are associated with it. All I need is a system that plays my kind of music and fits into my budget.
* I am not into heavy metal, rock kinda music so I assume even a good basic system will do.
* Important: I do not want to compromise on the boot space. Also, is it possible to fit the rear speakers anywhere except a tray where they are generally fit ? The tray (IMO) would contribute to rattles which are anyways associated with the swift. So can they be fitted in the door or somewhere ?
* Do I need tweeters ?
PS: I know that you guys probably discuss more "happening" systems but do give in your suggestions
@Eddy (Bauer?): No, if you read through the posts, you will realize that there is no conceited "happening" systems preference here. Anything goes, as long as the owner is happy, with Appy, narangy or lappy, desi or videshi, or without!

Tweeters: yes, they enhance the stereo image and the listening pleasure (like salt to food). They don't have to go chilla-chilla - as long as they make Asha Bhonsle sound like her and not Usha Uthup or Kiri Te Kanawa. Decent component speakers are enough, not Pio TS20.

For your budget, you can get
* Pioneer, JVC or Blaupunkt HU (app 5K)
* 6.5" components in front door stock location: Blau GTc 172HP or JBL CS2165C (3.5-4K)
* 6.5" coax in rear door stock location: Blau GTX173HP or JBL CS2165 (2.5K)
OR, if you want some more bass
* 6x9 oval 3ways on plank/tray: Blau GTx693HP or JBL CS3196 (3.5K) (The tray won't rattle if fixed / damped properly; one can always use a 1" MDF plank)

Listen to some setups, whether in friends' cars or dealers, before you make up your mind. Look for deals - but don't buy without listening. Get it installed by a good installer, not someone who chops of connectors, twists wires and puts electrical tape.
Old 15th August 2007, 12:04   #896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
* Pioneer, JVC or Blaupunkt HU (app 5K)
* 6.5" components in front door stock location: Blau GTc 172HP or JBL CS2165C (3.5-4K)
* 6x9 oval 3ways on plank/tray: Blau GTx693HP or JBL CS3196 (3.5K) (The tray won't rattle if fixed / damped properly; one can always use a 1" MDF plank)
nicely done old man! BTW Eddy, the plan will cost you about 1K as well but it is well worth it.
Old 15th August 2007, 13:49   #897
Team-BHP Support

@ Deralite: Thanks for the advice.

-- The prices you have mentioned are with or without B/W ?
-- Which tweeters do you suggest ?
-- Any particular model of HU that I should consider ? Do they come with an I-Pod / MP3 player input ?

@Navin

Yep, an increase of 1 K is fine for a good system

Also, how much does installation etc cost ?
Old 15th August 2007, 15:23   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sam sir. I will check the connections morrow.
If I want to buy a mono block amp, which one is suited for my setup? or can I buy a 2 channel amp and connect it to the sub?
are the rear coaxials good (what I am using) or I need to change them also?
You could buy the CS300.1, this will be fine. You can also buy a small 2 channel amp, but this will not be enough for the woofer.

Yes the rear coax are fine, you can leave them be.
Old 15th August 2007, 19:45   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
-- The prices you have mentioned are with or without B/W ?
-- Which tweeters do you suggest ?
-- Any particular model of HU that I should consider ? Do they come with an I-Pod / MP3 player input ?
* Yes, with B&W for Blaupunkt and JBL, maybe JVC, not Pioneer
* The 6.5" component speakers (Blau/JBL) include the tweeter, you won't have to buy them separately
* HU (MP3 players other than iPod, and iPod if no USB available, connect via headphone jack to the AUX line)
- Pioneer 4950 or 5950 (iPod & USB adapter extra)
- JVC KD-G435/436/535 (iPod separate cable, no USB, front AUX jack)
- Blaupunkt Maui MP36 / Mumbai MP26 / San Diego MP27 (iPod separate cable, no USB, rear AUX connector)
Old 16th August 2007, 09:59   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You could buy the CS300.1, this will be fine. You can also buy a small 2 channel amp, but this will not be enough for the woofer.

Yes the rear coax are fine, you can leave them be.
Sir, Thanks for your advice. Can you tell what will be the cost of CS 300.1 ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks