Old 21st August 2007, 08:44   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

A good observation, four-eyes. lol.
Old 21st August 2007, 08:45   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Sam is that a Carbon fibre frame?
Doesnt look like to me. Just a carbon fibre like finishing maybe ?
Old 21st August 2007, 09:57   #933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
A good observation, four-eyes. lol.
Really? I thgouht it looked like one but never expected it to be true.
Old 21st August 2007, 10:02   #934
Distinguished - BHPian

I said it was a good observation, that's all. Never said it was true. It's some sort of CF finish I think.lol
Old 21st August 2007, 10:05   #935
Team-BHP Support

besides that looks like a mould and not an extrusion. I wonder if you could get that finish with carbon fiber in a mould.
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:31   #936
BHPian

Hi All,

I justed upgraded from a Zen LX to Swift VXi (thank God for power steering !!!). I have been reading all the threads (58 pages WOW !!!)

Gurus pls help me to ICE my new car !!!

From my old Zen I have the following
1. Sony 4ch Amp (500 watts- model # 555) + Carbon 2 ch Amp
2. Pioneer Sub 800 Watts in a box (Box made by Anwar (Koramangala)
3. 2 Oval 4-way 450 watts Pioneer speakers (not sure of the model no.)

I have read most of the advice given by you Gurus', I want some help from the experienced folks out there.

1. What stuff do I need to retain out of the above ?
2. Can I put GTO607C in front & Back, if yes then can I fit only one pair of tweeters & are they enuf? (since in the previous threads you have suggested that 2 pairs of comps give lot of treble)
3. Which HU ? I have Pio 5950 costing Rs. 5,750 in mind

Most of the time its just me and 1 passenger in the car. I prefer different kinds of music depending on my mood, but not at very volume. I am more inclined towards SQ. Based In Bangalore, Budget = 20K
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:28   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista2Swift View Post
1. Sony 4ch Amp (500 watts- model # 555) + Carbon 2 ch Amp
2. Pioneer Sub 800 Watts in a box (Box made by Anwar (Koramangala)
3. 2 Oval 4-way 450 watts Pioneer speakers (not sure of the model no.)

What stuff do I need to retain out of the above ?
Forget the 2 Channel Carbon Amp. Forget the Pioneer ovals too, you'd have to spend on MDF tray and lose space.

Retain the Sony amp and the Pio sub. Drive the new co-axials 5.25" or 6.5" (that you'll install in rear stock locations) with the Sony amp.

Quote:
2. Can I put GTO607C in front & Back, if yes then can I fit only one pair of tweeters & are they enuf? (since in the previous threads you have suggested that 2 pairs of comps give lot of treble)
Yes you can. But since you don't have a HU, it will blow your budget and it is totally unnecessary since you say you travel 1+1. Install components in the front. The treble will be enough as long as you don't want "chillll - chilllll" too much.

Quote:
3. Which HU ? I have Pio 5950 costing Rs. 5,750 in mind
Your choices seem to be fine. Get the 5950 and the 607s if you liked them. They should add up to approx 12,000/-. Get a good 4 Channel amp (JBL, Pio, Blau) that fits your budget for about 7-8k. Drive the components and the sub off the new amp. Co-axials about 2.5 - 3k. If you can, put another 5.5k in (discounts should help) and get a good sub with enclosure (GT 4-12?) and you can discard the Pio sub as well.

All the above are in my opinion. You may consider others' suggestions if you like to.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 23rd August 2007 at 18:31.
Old 23rd August 2007, 19:19   #938
BHPian

First of all, thank you very much for the valuable inputs.

Quote:
Forget the 2 Channel Carbon Amp. Forget the Pioneer ovals too, you'd have to spend on MDF tray and lose space.
You are right abt the boot space. I need it !!!

Doesn't the SQ go down if I would have components in the front & back Vs only in the front ?

Please help me decide between the 2 options and pls explain (as I dont know much abt this stuff - but would really like to )

Option 1
2 GTO607Cs' Front + Back 6K+6k
My old Pio Sub
My Old Sony 4ch Amp to drive speakers
Carbon Amp to Drive SUB
HU - Pio 5950 - 6k
Total = 18k

Option 2
GTO607C in Front 6k
Co-ax in back 4K
Sub (preferably my Pio One)
Use Sony Amp to Drive Front components + Sub
Connect back Co-axs to HU directly
HU - Pio 5950 - 6K
Total = 16k

Please note that I find it difficult to sack the old stuff at a reasonable price

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2007 at 00:34. Reason: quote edited
Old 24th August 2007, 09:49   #939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Doesn't the SQ go down if I would have components in the front & back Vs only in the front ?

Please help me decide between the 2 options and pls explain (as I dont know much abt this stuff - but would really like to )

Option 1
2 GTO607Cs' Front + Back 6K+6k
My old Pio Sub
My Old Sony 4ch Amp to drive speakers
Carbon Amp to Drive SUB
HU - Pio 5950 - 6k
Total = 18k

Option 2
GTO607C in Front 6k
Co-ax in back 4K
Sub (preferably my Pio One)
Use Sony Amp to Drive Front components + Sub
Connect back Co-axs to HU directly
HU - Pio 5950 - 6K
Total = 16k

Please note that I find it difficult to sack the old stuff at a reasonable price
1. you say you need boot space then you want to put a sub in the boot? I am confused. the 6x9 will not occupy much boot space as they would be mounted on a MDF deck.

2. Between the 2 options I would prefer the second one but I would upgrade the amp. BTW is the sub a DVC or SVC. If it is a DVC then use the Sony 555 to drive the sub and get another amp for the front and rear speakers. If it is SVC then use the Sony amp to drive the sub and rer speakers and get a nice amp to drive the front components.

HU: 6950 7K
Components: JBL 607 6K
Amp: Pio 6200 (if the sub is a DVC) or JBL 60.2 (if the sub is a SVC) 7K
use sony amp for sub (and rear speakers - 6x9 on rear deck). dump the carbon amp.

you will need a bit more for wires and install.
Old 24th August 2007, 10:09   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. you say you need boot space then you want to put a sub in the boot? I am confused. the 6x9 will not occupy much boot space as they would be mounted on a MDF deck..
Navin Sir, thanks for the input. I need the boot space so in my old Zen - Anwar had fitted a detachable Sub, which works out better for me vis-à-vis a MDF deck which is permanent.

So I think I will go with just the Sub in the boot. Please suggest the speakers 4 Components or 2 front components & 2 rear co-axials. I am ready to buy another amp as you suggested.

I am looking for SQ. I had another question too. I also have an Innova which has a company fitted stock system, what I discovered was that it has 2 Components in the front doors and 2 Co-axs in the back. While sitting in the front the music sounds much better than the back. Please comment.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:45   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Amp: Pio 6200 (if the sub is a DVC) or JBL 60.2 (if the sub is a SVC) 7K
use sony amp for sub (and rear speakers - 6x9 on rear deck).
I didn't get you there Navin, you are suggesting both amps for the sub. I'm sure that was a typo.

Vista2Swift, can you tell us whether your sub is DVC or SVC? IMO, I'd use the new amplifier to drive the components and sub. And when you install components in the front and co-axials in the rear, it sounds better upfront. Since you drive all the time, this should not matter.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 24th August 2007 at 11:50.
Old 24th August 2007, 12:29   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Vista2Swift, can you tell us whether your sub is DVC or SVC? IMO, I'd use the new amplifier to drive the components and sub.
I will let you guys know abt the model no of the Pio sub tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
And when you install components in the front and co-axials in the rear, it sounds better upfront. Since you drive all the time, this should not matter.
I agree with what you saying abt the front sound stage and that in my case its VFM. . But what I am confused abt is if I put Components in the rear doors as well then Isn't the overall SQ going to be better ? I heard the system in my Innova sitting at the back seat - its really.....lets say not gr8 when compared to the front.

My reasoning is that Co-axs cost abt 4K and for 2K more I can get JBL607C for rear too !!! Is it worth it ??
Old 24th August 2007, 13:52   #943
BANNED

Vista2Swift, Anwar is from Auto Fusion or some other guy?
And how his charges.Does he do the damping job too.
Old 24th August 2007, 14:48   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But what I am confused abt is if I put Components in the rear doors as well then Isn't the overall SQ going to be better ? I heard the system in my Innova sitting at the back seat - its really.....lets say not gr8 when compared to the front.
Why would you sit in the backseat while driving? You'd be sitting in the front and using the fader to have most output from the front.

Pio 6950 (8k), GTO607 (about 6.2k), decent 4 Channel amp (7-8k), Co-axials (3-4k), wiring and install (2-2.5k)

You're ready to spend over 27k already and you're stretching your budget

If you still want to spend more than this, spend it on amp upgrade (75.4 for about 12k) or sub upgrade (about 4.5k + 1.5k for enclosure). Sell the Sony amp and the Pio sub and have a rocking new amplifier and sub

But please don't worry about the rear fill, I think that has been answered a couple of times already.

P.S: You can sell items in the Market section here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-market/
Old 24th August 2007, 15:27   #945
BHPian

My Pio Sub

Heres the details of my Sub - Pio 10" Sub DVC in box designed by Anwar from Koramagala. Do you still think I need to sack the Sub ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks