Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 10:53   #1051
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyon View Post
Well i want to tune my system for clarity...not too much of bass, loudness....The clarity and depth in the music should be good....Do i really need amps for this or the configuration mentioned will sound good.... I am planning to upgrade the system at later point of time but for now no budget for amps!!
if you find yourself pushing your HU past it's half way mark get an amp.
Old 1st October 2007, 16:51   #1052
Senior - BHPian

@Kiyon - Been using the Pio - 7950 and it suits your needs I think. Just check it out.
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:19   #1053

Hi All,

I just bought a Swift Zxi 2006 Sept Model. The previous owner has already fitted it with Pio 5850 HU and JBL 6" X 9" rear speakers fitted onto the parcel shelf.

I am looking to maintian the HU and if possible the rear speakers too. I am looking at adding Infinity Kappa series componants in the front and a JBL 75.4 amp to drive these four speakers.

My doubt is whether I would require a Sub Woofer with this setup?
If I do require, I do not want to have a boxed subwoofer which will eat away the boot space. Can I fix two 6 inch woofer cones in the rear passenger doors to act as a sub?

Is 75.4 enough to drive this whole setup?

I see that I have to only take decision on the sub setup. Please help me in this regards.

Thanks in Advance!!
Old 4th October 2007, 12:44   #1054
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusking View Post
I am looking to maintian the HU and if possible the rear speakers too. I am looking at adding Infinity Kappa series componants in the front and a JBL 75.4 amp to drive these four speakers.

My doubt is whether I would require a Sub Woofer with this setup?
If I do require, I do not want to have a boxed subwoofer which will eat away the boot space. Can I fix two 6 inch woofer cones in the rear passenger doors to act as a sub?

Is 75.4 enough to drive this whole setup?!!
1. the 75.4 can drive a small sub and 2 speakers not a sub and 4 speakers.
2. 6" woofers will only pump up the midbass. to get low bass you need a 10 or 12" woofer. the 6x9 you have already have about the same bass as a 8" woofer.
Old 4th October 2007, 18:09   #1055

navin

thanks, That would mean that I need to add a sub(atleast a 10") to get the lows. And a 300.1 to drive that.

Let me give it a try.
Old 5th October 2007, 22:39   #1056
BHPian

As mentioned previously i am geting my ICE done tomorrow

Head unit : Pioneer DEH-P5990IB (Rs.9000)
Front component : JBL GTO 607 ( Rs.6500)
Rear Speakers : JBL GTO937 (Rs. 4950 ) ( Alternate Polk db691 - Rs 6750)

I am still not sure about the rear speakers though have affinity towards polk. Is it worth paying almost 2k more for Polk than GTO937 cosidering i am not going for amps or sub for time being ( do have intention of amping later on). I havent really found people talking more about Polk here, though JBL seems to be most peoples favourite.
Please advice fellow BHPians is polk a value for money? considering i am tuning ICE for clarity not for loudness
Old 6th October 2007, 09:56   #1057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyon View Post
I am still not sure about the rear speakers though have affinity towards polk. Is it worth paying almost 2k more for Polk than GTO937 ..Please advice fellow BHPians is polk a value for money?
why not let your ears decide.

we at ICE have NO value for Money! :-)
Old 7th October 2007, 17:44   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
Hi to all gurus of ICE ,
After reading extensively through ICE section , i went to ICE my swift with following confing in my mind.
(SQ was top on priority list, BUDGET-30k)
HU- alpine 9883
speakers-JBL GTO 637c at stock locations .
AMP-JBL75.4
sub- wasnt too sure about it as wifey instucted i shouldnot loose already small bootspace, so had in mind , something which will come out when i wanted boot space .

so , i went to all shops in gangtok, these are the probs i faced-
1. alpine HU - couldnt get it, no alpine HUs , they tried to push jvc sony, pioneer.settled for blau bahamas mp46.

2.speakers- JBL they said its expensive and bad, so nobody sells it, bought blau gtx173 6 inchs coaxial

3.sub and amp-only sonly sony 554 was found in the market, dropped the idea.

this was 1 month back, i didnot go to nearest big town...i.e. silliguri because there toono body stocks JBL, that might hv increased my choices with HU, but then finding a alpine there also is a suspect.

SO now I am not happy or satisfied with my ICE.THE speakers lacks lows and highs, there is distortion at anything above 50% vol, the sound is not rich enough( i hope this is the rite word)

SO now i have some one coming from delhi, i want to change/improve/upgrade my setup.
budget- again 30-35k
requirements-everything...

AND SAM SIR- PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT AVAILABLITY OF JBL IN THESE PARTS

REGARDS
ABHIJEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Firstly for 30-35K....

HU: 9K basic Alpine (9881/9883) or Pio 7950 or why not use the Bahamas you got it aint that bad you can use the money saved on either a couple of bottles of wine or damping the front doors or getting nicer speakers (Sam'd choose the former, I'd choose the later)

since you are sold on JBL (are you?) I have worked out a sampel system. You can dothe same for many other brands as well.
Speakers: Infinty 6" components and coax (6020 and 6022): 16K
Amp: JBL 4060 for 10K
Sub: JBL GT4-12 in 1.25 cu. ft box for 7K
optional JBL 301.1 amp

JBL and Blau are not bad speakers atleast not Blau Thx/Thc. Blau GTO is not that good. But I suspect you will like the toanl balance of Infinty better.

so some how some1 coming from delhi thing didnot work. 1 fine day during my commute to hospital, i got irritated,and decided to do something about it.

went to all the shops here in gangtok, and found a blau gt4 amp, another gt2 amp, a blau bass tube + blau wiring kit.

got it installed , the GT4 driving front 2 speakers +sub .
GT2 for the rear.
now the problem,
1. the sound is too bright even with low gains and flat eq, especially the highs irritate me alot. i think the front co axials are the culprit.
so decided i need compos.

in fact , the highs are so bad that i dont go above 20-25 on a 50 volume scale.

now, the solution:
I m going to delhi in 1st week of nov.but just for 1 day
so i ll hv very little time to audition various options.i dont want bright sound.so what are my options for around 10k and where to buy.

1 more thing, i hv a blau bahamas.. i is a good HU but does not hv USB. is teher something which takes just USB and SD card.

thanks in advance
ABHIJEET
Old 8th October 2007, 09:27   #1059
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
1. the sound is too bright even with low gains and flat eq... i dont want bright sound.so what are my options for around 10k and where to buy.
if you find JBLs too bright try Infinity (it is a sister barnd of JBL and made to suit more laid back tastes - my mom uses the 6020/60022 combo and my wife uses a modified 6010). Most JBL dealers will carry or be able to soruce Infinity and might even offer you a buy back for your 637s.
Old 8th October 2007, 13:51   #1060
BHPian

Need help to upgrade

Hi guys!!
I followed my friends advice and put the set up which I posted in my earlier postings in this thread.

1. JVC HU - 6700/- CD RECEIVER WITH FRONT AUX - KD-G385(18months replacement warranty).
2. Ultimate speakers round in the doors T1-620. 1200/- each pair.(2 yr rplacement warranty).

This currently is not sounding that well. I am a novice in audio systems. Please recommend me some good upgrades. Also please note that these are brand new as I got it last week only.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:17   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
1. JVC HU - 6700/- CD RECEIVER WITH FRONT AUX - KD-G385(18months replacement warranty).
2. Ultimate speakers round in the doors T1-620. 1200/- each pair.(2 yr rplacement warranty).
Just upgrade your "ultimate" speakers, and you'll be fine. Sam already warned you against these.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:52   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Hi guys!!
I followed my friends advice and put the set up which I posted in my earlier postings in this thread.

This currently is not sounding that well. I am a novice in audio systems. Please recommend me some good upgrades. Also please note that these are brand new as I got it last week only.
Just out of curiosity, why did you put these speakers when we advised you against putting them?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:01   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Just out of curiosity, why did you put these speakers when we advised you against putting them?

Simple sir, price + 2 year "replacement" warranty = excellent VFM perceived.
Old 8th October 2007, 16:29   #1064
BHPian

It was done for an obligation .

Can I just keep it and add either a 6x9 or somethings please suggest.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:56   #1065
BHPian

Need Help

Hi friends,

I am new to ICE setups.

due to some misleading suggetions i have installed these setting in my car.
but the sound is not that great and i feel no bass.

please suggest me how to improve my sound ( with amp , sub etc ).

my current setup is:

Pioneer 7950UB.
Front Door : 6.5" Philips 2way coaxial. (180 watts)
On the Back (Tray) : 6x9 - Philipes 3 way coaxial (350 watts)

please help me to improve my sound.

thank you.

rk

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks