Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:00   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Help needed can some one throw some light on price of Alpine MRP-M650(AMP) without b&W n With B&W!Thanks
I checked up from DRIVEN. MRP is Rs 18890 but they will sell you one for Rs 17500 with B&W. No availability in gray AFAIK.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:20   #1112
BHPian

Thanks Gunman for the effort!!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:41   #1113
Senior - BHPian

grey is app 13K at elegant, karol bagh. talk to LBM, he would sort it out.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:33   #1114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I checked up from DRIVEN..
you said Manik has left Driven now I am confused. who is Driven? I thought you and Autophile were driven after Manik left.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:56   #1115
BHPian

Any idea about prices of these two models and their availability in india:-

Alpine 550:-
90W*4 @ 4 ohms
SNR-100db
THD<1.0%
Alpine MRP-F550 - 500 watts, 4-Channel Amplifier • RMS Power Output: 4 ohms: 90 watts x 4 / 125 watts x 4 • Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz • MOSFET power supply • STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference) • Speaker
Alpine 545:-
@12v-100w*4@4ohms
@14v-125w*4@4ohms
THD-0.3%
Alpine MRV-F545

I am thinking of changing my amp75.4,any views on these and their respective prices!!!Help shall be appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:18   #1116
Senior - BHPian

gill, why are you changing your 75.4?? upgrading??? do it carefully as there would not be much difference in quality between 75.4 and the two alpines.
Old 24th October 2007, 15:19   #1117

Please Suggest a ICE for my Swift vdi

Hi Guys,

This is the first time that i am visiting this forum and tell you it really Rocks and especially the In car entertainment (Ask the guru's) is fabulous.

I have been trying to find about these information over the net from past few days and have not got any forum which gives these information.

I really thank all you guys for the same and you guys really rock.

Anyways i own a swift vdi diesel and am selecting a suitable ICE for the same with a budget of around 20 - 25k.

I want a system with good loudness as well as with a very good clarity giving the same level of preference's to both of them.

From past 2 days i have been reading different thread's and posts regarding the same and to say have known a lot and have been confused a lot too. So i would request you guys to please clear my doubts regarding the same and give me good guidence to have my ICE done.

I have just given my preference's below of different components as well as certain doubts over the same.

HU : Pioneer 6950 or 7950
Please let me know if there are any other HU which i could select which
would be in the same price range. I would like to have one with ipod connection enabled which is really helpful.

Front Speakers: Component speakers
Completely confused of the brand's. Infinity, Kicker, JBL, cervin vega etc. According to whatever i have heard over the net infinity speaker's are among the best so thinking of going for the same.. Please suggest me on this.

I need to know the size of these too..

Back Speakers:
Here complete confusion on the brand as well as to go with component speakers or co-axial speakers and so on.

I saw the other thread's in which you always opted for co-axial speaker's on the back i could not get the reason behind the same?

AMP :
Which brand of AMP should i look into ? and what should be the output that i could expect of the same. Should i connect it onto just the back speaker's or the front one's too.

What would be the ideal connection in terms of the quality if i connect the same onto all four and just two.

Sub Woofer:
Is it really worthwhile to have the same? and if so please suggest a good one in my price range...

Wiring:
Does the wiring change the quality of sound thats coming out of these speakers and woofer's and would it be possible for me in my budget to go with some good wiring.

And please indicate the prices of the components as well if you know so that i may bargain for the best possible price for these ...

And please let me know if you have a good place in bangalore to buy these ones and also fitting the same...

I am really sorry for bugging you with all these questions...
Old 24th October 2007, 16:12   #1118
BHPian

aswhin welcome, very nice car you have.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:24   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinDR View Post

Anyways i own a swift vdi diesel and am selecting a suitable ICE for the same with a budget of around 20 - 25k.

I want a system with good loudness as well as with a very good clarity giving the same level of preference's to both of them.
You'll need to squeeze an amplifier in that budget.

Quote:
HU : Pioneer 6950 or 7950
Those HUs are decent SQ HUs. You can go ahead with any of them.

Quote:
Front Speakers: Component speakers
Completely confused of the brand's. Infinity, Kicker, JBL, cervin vega etc. According to whatever i have heard over the net infinity speaker's are among the best so thinking of going for the same.. Please suggest me on this.

I need to know the size of these too..
It would be difficult to get Infinity with your budget. Kicker is not recommended these days and your best bet would be JBL, Illusion or Hertz Deici series.

Quote:
Back Speakers:
Here complete confusion on the brand as well as to go with component speakers or co-axial speakers and so on.
You can save money by opting for a pair of co-axials. You can get a decent pair for about 4-5k.

Quote:
AMP :
Which brand of AMP should i look into ? and what should be the output that i could expect of the same. Should i connect it onto just the back speaker's or the front one's too.

What would be the ideal connection in terms of the quality if i connect the same onto all four and just two.
You'll need the amp to drive your components in the front if you drive most of the time. If you have a sub, you would have to drive your components and sub through the 4-channel and leave the rear speakers running off the HU.

Quote:
Sub Woofer:
Is it really worthwhile to have the same? and if so please suggest a good one in my price range...
Yes. But I'm not sure if all this will fit in your budget. The CS1204 (GT4-12 previously) would be your best bet.
Wiring:

Quote:
Does the wiring change the quality of sound thats coming out of these speakers and woofer's and would it be possible for me in my budget to go with some good wiring.
Yes, it makes an awful lot of difference. You'll have to keep 4k for wiring if you buy an amplifier.

Quote:
And please indicate the prices of the components as well if you know so that i may bargain for the best possible price for these ...

And please let me know if you have a good place in bangalore to buy these ones and also fitting the same...

I am really sorry for bugging you with all these questions...
You can contact blueraven316 since you're a novice. He is in the same business and can get your ICE done. And, he's very good at it.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 24th October 2007 at 16:26.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:36   #1120
Senior - BHPian

25k?

HU: Pio 6950 (7K)
Front (6.5" 2-way components): Hertz DSK163 (6k) or JBL GTO607c (6.5K)
Rear: Hertz DCX163 (4K) or JBL GTO637 (5K)
Amp (4-channel): JBL 4060 (10k, of you can find the amp) or Pio 6700 (7K) or JBL GTO75.4 (12-13K)
Wiring (Power & RCA): 3K (Ground Zero/Scosche/Pyle etc)

That's about 30K, without a sub . If you want to skip the rears now and if you add a bit to the budget, you can get a JBL GT5 12" sub for 5K (or the older GT4-12 sub - I think it is the CS1204 now for 4K), and a sealed box for 1.5K. If you get a sealed box, the JBL amps suggested above will sound better than the Pio amp. You'll be driving the front speakers and the sub using the amp.

We generally use coaxials in the back to save money comps are really not needed unless you're hauling somebody (who likes music) in the back most of the time.

The front speakers must be amped, if you're getting an amp. If you don't have a sub, you can use the rear channels to feed the rear speakers. If you get a sub, you should feed the fronts and the sub, with the rears running off the HU.

As long as you don't get really cheap wires and RCAs, you'll generally be fine. MX makes pretty good RCA wires for a very reasonable price. Good ISI-mark power cables (like Finolex etc) of the equivalent of about 8AWG will be enough for the 4-ch amp. Unless your power cable feeds good power to the amp, you're not getting the best out of it.

Lots of places in Bangalore where you can get this done. Blueraven (a member here) is a great guy to see in Bangalore for quality installs.

EDIT: Raghu, just saw your post.

Last edited by hydrashok : 24th October 2007 at 16:39.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:58   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

EDIT: Raghu, just saw your post.
lol. We have almost the same suggestions for his budget.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:03   #1122

Hi Guys,

I am really sorry to ask this. But is it worth of putting around 10k for an amp for a system of 25 to 30k. What is the addition that you get by putting in on such an amp? and why not go onto a very good speaker's instead such as infinity or something like this.

Please dont mind for this one as i am completely newbie -
Old 25th October 2007, 02:02   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am really sorry to ask this. But is it worth of putting around 10k for an amp for a system of 25 to 30k. What is the addition that you get by putting in on such an amp? and why not go onto a very good speaker's instead such as infinity or something like this.

Please dont mind for this one as i am completely newbie -
Ashwin, nothing wrong with your question. Now, this is how I look at it - good speakers need good amplifier(s) and great speakers need great amps. ICE performs as well as its weakest link.

There needs to be a match and if you end up compromising on any of them, the remaining would be performing at a lower level. Let me assume that you get a pair of components for 12k. Wouldn't it be wasted unless coupled with a good amplifier?

That is the exact point here. Even if you get the Infinity components, running them off the HU or a small amp would be like wasting the components.

The amplifier cost looks a little on the higher side, but if you listen to the setup performing with it, you would know that every penny is well utilized.

Besides, you're on a budget of 25k, where there needs to be a compromise - somewhere or the other.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:08   #1124

Option 1
Pioneer 6950 Player
JBL CS60.4 Amp
Scosche eFx 6.5" Component Speakers
JBL CS2165 6.5" Coaxial Speakers
Scosche eFx / Tsunami 8Ga Amp wiring + 2 RC wires

Option 2
Pioneer 6950 Player
JBL CS60.4 Amp
JBL GTO607 6.5" Component Speakers
JBL CS2165 6.5" Coaxial Speakers
Scosche eFx / Tsunami 8Ga Amp wiring + 2 RC wires

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks to raghu and ashok for the patient replies to my questions.

These are the two quatations that i have received from blueraven. As i see they are a bit different from the one's which have been said by you as mentioned above.

I have a few questions on the same which i have mentioned

Regarding the AMP -> which one should i go for? the one's suggested by you guys or the one's blueraven has suggested?
I need to know the difference between these as well as please let me know which of the amps are better sony? jbl? or pioneer? which could fit into my budget as above ..
The above question is because the JBL amp suggested above has lesser
output in RMS than the sony554 amp but is more costlier than the former?
So i need to know is there a quality kind of thing or what are the things that need to be seen in an amp before buying the same...

Regarding the front end componenets :
Which one's are better ? the Scosche eFx or the Hertz or the jbl's.

Regarding the rear end coaxials :

Regarding the wiring ones?
Scosche eFx or tsunami?

Sorry for bugging you guys again
Old 25th October 2007, 15:45   #1125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[

The above question is because the JBL amp suggested above has lesser
output in RMS than the sony554 amp but is more costlier than the former?

Regarding the front end componenets :

Regarding the rear end coaxials :

Regarding the wiring ones?
Scosche eFx or tsunami?
Why not let your ears decide. I have not heard Hertz or Scosche so can provide an opinion.

I find the Sony amp good VFm but grainy. Alternates are the Blau GT4, Kenwood 8401, JBL GT5, Pio 6300, Blau 480 but they cost 2-3K more than the Sony.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks