Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 13:53   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
I am planning to install Pioneer 7950UB to swift. Gray market price in Bangalore is around Rs 9500.

One colleague of mine is coming from US and looks like I will get 9887 around USD 300 from US.

My Budge for a HU is around 10K and was looking for USB connectivity also. Gurus, please tell me is it worth spending extra money on Alpine, would it be worth and it does not have USB connectivity. What else do I need to look for HU from US, someone mentioned FM radio bands are different.
$300 is already 12k approx. AFAIK, you'll need to buy a cable for the Alpine 9887 before using the USB stick, which would cost you 1k+.

7950 is a very good HU and I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be preferring it for your budget.

Obviously, warranty will not be available, but service for both brands is present.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:39   #1172
BHPian

Hi gurus,
I am ready to do ICE setup for my white swift VDI ABS.
I have decided to put pioneer 6950 HU, JBL components at the front and JBL CoAX at the rear. I am planning to drive to Comps through Blaupunkt 2 channel amp and coax from HU. I am in Kolkata. Please suggest the best place to do the set up as well as I need suggestion regarding the cables/wiring to use. I have a clarion deck player from my SAAB in usa. Can I fit it in the extra space (as swift has DUAL din space) along with the pioneer mp3 player as I have some good cassette collection I love to listen sometime or it will be too complex?
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:29   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
I am planning to install Pioneer 7950UB to swift. Gray market price in Bangalore is around Rs 9500. I’ve listened to the head unit in my friend’s car and I am satisfied with it. One advantage is it has USB connectivity.

Some one recommended me Alpine CDA9887. I neither get a chance to see the head unit nor know the price in Bangalore ( can anyone please update the price of the same in Bangalore ?) One colleague of mine is coming from US and looks like I will get 9887 around USD 300 from US.

My Budge for a HU is around 10K and was looking for USB connectivity also. Gurus, please tell me is it worth spending extra money on Alpine, would it be worth and it does not have USB connectivity. What else do I need to look for HU from US, someone mentioned FM radio bands are different.

Please help.
the 9887 is a steal at 300$. i believe it was for 420$ in US. it retails here for 22990/-.
the new series of alpine are good. they are great for iPod connectivity and have a user friendly display, you may need to buy the special iPod cable though. if you are going for 9887, then you should also get the imprint decoder and go for a pro install. else you can go for 9885, where most of the features are the same minus the imprint.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...887-india.html
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:33   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Hi gurus,
I have decided to put pioneer 6950 HU, JBL components at the front and JBL CoAX at the rear. I am planning to drive to Comps through Blaupunkt 2 channel amp and coax from HU. I am in Kolkata. Please suggest the best place to do the set up as well as I need suggestion regarding the cables/wiring to use. I have a clarion deck player from my SAAB in usa. Can I fit it in the extra space (as swift has DUAL din space) along with the pioneer mp3 player as I have some good cassette collection I love to listen sometime or it will be too complex?
there is a detailed thread on two HUs being connected. may be navin or other mods can help you, i can't find it. pretty difficult searching through the forum. you can also go for a double DIN by kenwood which plays the cassette as well as CD-MP3. which side of calcutta are you in? i know a good guy at alipore through a friend... don't know if that would suit you.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:38   #1175
BHPian

Hi Montyguru,
I couldn't find the mentioned thread. I want to keep the Clarion cassette player due to nostalgic feeling. I am in Slatlake but can travel to Alipore with pleasure if can find a statisfactory set up. Any suggestion about wiring? Please give me the contact details of the guy in Alipore.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:54   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a clarion deck player from my SAAB in usa. Can I fit it in the extra space (as swift has DUAL din space) along with the pioneer mp3 player as I have some good cassette collection I love to listen sometime or it will be too complex?
If your Clarion HU has a pre-out, you can connect that to the Aux-in of your 6950. I assume 6950 has Aux-in with female RCAs, in which case you'll need a pair of decent RCA cables and if it is an EP jack, then you'll need a EP-to-RCA cable. You can DIY this very easily.
Old 26th November 2007, 10:56   #1177
Senior - BHPian

We are buying a swift in sometime and i needed to know the audio components that should go with the car.
I have a JVC KD G334 mp3 player in my 800 with 2 pioneer ovals at the rear.I m going to remove the headunit from the 800 and plonk it in the swift and yeah btw i was happy with the sound quality of the pioneers.
But from what i read JBL is much better than pioneer.So planning to go for JBL components.

Requirments are
Clear sound even when played loud

2 Bigger speakers will be fixed in the boot on dabbas in the side
and 2 front speakers.
Amplifier : Does a 4 channel amplifier mean i can connect both the front and the back speaker to the same amp?if yes a 4 channel amplifier to go with the speakers.
No sub woofers bla bla for me.
Tell me what speakers to go for in the rear/front bla bla.

Last edited by humyum : 26th November 2007 at 10:58.
Old 26th November 2007, 12:42   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Hi gurus,
Hi there, nice to see another member from Kolkata. The Kol gang is growing by leaps and bounds!! Do send a PM to Planet Rocker or Razor4077 if you're interested in joining our local googlegroup - one caveat though, be prepared to be swamped by emails once in a while...

I have exactly the setup you're looking for in my Swift - Pio 6950 HU, JBL 607c compos in the front and JBL 637 co-axes at the rear. However, I have a 4-ch amp (JBL CS60.4) driving both the front and rear speakers.

Would've given you a listen, but I'm leaving town on thursday (29th) for about two weeks. If you're able to wait till mid-dec, you can take a look at my setup and decide. Meanwhile, you can also contact Razor4077 or shuvc for a demo of Illusion audio or shuvd for JBL 607c.

I got my setup installed by Glix in Alipur. In fact, the guy knows some of the Kol teambhp members quite well (especially shuvd and razor ) and does a decent job - if you explain clearly what you want, you'll get it from him.
Old 27th November 2007, 00:40   #1179
Senior - BHPian

humyum,

Quote:
But from what i read JBL is much better than pioneer
Why don't you listen before deciding? There are plenty of brands available that perform very well and you may be able to choose the best to suite your taste.

However, if your choice is JBL then you may consider this:

GTO 607s for the front - 6k (Apprx)
GTO 937s for the rear - 4.5k (Apprx)
Decent 4-channel amplifier (7-10k) (JBL GT5, Blau, Pio)
Wiring and install - 3-4k

Please avoid the speaker boxes if you can. Get an MDF tray instead for 800-1000/-, it is a much better choice IMO.
Old 27th November 2007, 14:04   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Hi there, nice to see another member from Kolkata. The Kol gang is growing by leaps and bounds!! Do send a PM to Planet Rocker or Razor4077 if you're interested in joining our local googlegroup - one caveat though, be prepared to be swamped by emails once in a while...

I have exactly the setup you're looking for in my Swift - Pio 6950 HU, JBL 607c compos in the front and JBL 637 co-axes at the rear. However, I have a 4-ch amp (JBL CS60.4) driving both the front and rear speakers.

Would've given you a listen, but I'm leaving town on thursday (29th) for about two weeks. If you're able to wait till mid-dec, you can take a look at my setup and decide. Meanwhile, you can also contact Razor4077 or shuvc for a demo of Illusion audio or shuvd for JBL 607c.

I got my setup installed by Glix in Alipur. In fact, the guy knows some of the Kol teambhp members quite well (especially shuvd and razor ) and does a decent job - if you explain clearly what you want, you'll get it from him.
Hi Wimwian,
Thanks for your generosity and cordial invitition to Kolkata group. I am sending PM to Razor4077 as well. I would wait till you come back and show me your set up. Do we have here any TEAMBHP meet up in Kolkata. Me and my wife would love to join for the same.
Thanks again. Keep in touch. I am sending you my cell no in PM.
Old 27th November 2007, 14:40   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HDo we have here any TEAMBHP meet up in Kolkata. Me and my wife would love to join for the same.
OT:

I'm not sure whether it would be a 'family' kinda meet, so I guess you'll have to leave your wifey at home.

Keep an eye on this section, meets happen frequently.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 27th November 2007 at 14:43.
Old 27th November 2007, 15:00   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
OT:

One that happened recently is being discussed here. I'm not sure whether it is a 'family' kinda meet, so I guess you'll have to leave your wifey at home.

Keep an eye on this section, meets happen frequently.
Ha ha ha... no, that one wasn't quite a family affair!!

But the previous meet - The Shantiniketan trip on 10/11 Nov - was very much a family outing. We're planning another meet in end Dec here. Keep checking the thread for details.

Do PM me your email id where you would like to receive the googlegroup mails. I will contact you once I return to Kol for the ICE auditions.
Old 27th November 2007, 15:02   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure whether it would be a 'family' kinda meet, so I guess you'll have to leave your wifey at home.
He should go for one of the Delhi meets. There its always a family affair. Mothers and sisters (and in some instances, bahus and betis?!?) are remembered aplenty.
Old 27th November 2007, 18:31   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
humyum,

Why don't you listen before deciding? There are plenty of brands available that perform very well and you may be able to choose the best to suite your taste.

However, if your choice is JBL then you may consider this:

GTO 607s for the front - 6k (Apprx)
GTO 937s for the rear - 4.5k (Apprx)
Decent 4-channel amplifier (7-10k) (JBL GT5, Blau, Pio)
Wiring and install - 3-4k
Please avoid the speaker boxes if you can. Get an MDF tray instead for 800-1000/-, it is a much better choice IMO.
Hey thanks rocksterraghu..i ll definately listen to the sound before buying them
Will the headunit from my 800 do ?JVC KDG-334??
Also the front speakers as u mentioed cost 6k so are they higher watt ones and the rear ones cost 4.5 k so are they lower watt ones compared to the front ones?
Btw i will need the boot most of the time as this will car will be used for travelling the length and breadth of india.So is there any other way other than the dabbas i can do to give me the boot space?
Old 28th November 2007, 22:10   #1185
BHPian

Folks,
Got this quotation from a local accessories shop in Bangalore/Marathahalli.

Kenwood DPX MP2100 - 7200
JBL GTO937 - 2600
JBL CS2165 - 1350
wood plank - 600
installation free

The prices are much less than what I've seen anywhere in these forums.
Agree those are from grey market. But I doubt of duplicates.
The shopkeeper says JBL duplicates are not seen anywhere, mostly pioneer/sony fakes are seen.

Advices pls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks