Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 18:34   #1096
BHPian

Overheating is not going to be a problem if the amp is installed properly. Infact, there's more chance of overheating if the amp is installed under a seat and is later covered by a foot mat.

Ensure that the ground is good. Scrape off the paint from the ground point. Use good quality power cables.
Also, get good RCAs like audison.
For components also look at Hertz.
Remember to get an audition first.
I have seen many pics of Raven's installs. Since you are in Bangalore, just go to him. He will give you the best suggestions.
Old 20th October 2007, 18:57   #1097
BHPian

Plzzz guys suggest a gud addon for my swift's ICE..

Hey guys i m new to dis site n i must say i am absolutely bowled over by the tonnes of information that is available in dis site regardin evrythn dat concerns a vehicle...Kudoss to the moderators n oders who makes dis site one f d most happenin one....

Old 20th October 2007, 19:09   #1098
BHPian

Addons for ma SWift

hey guys now to the serious part....i wid like to get as many views n opinions as to wat i shud add to my existin car audio setup for my swift VDI baby....

The compnents i hve already loaded on ma car are..

Head Unit -Alpine CDE 9870
Speakers-Alpine SPC 69C3 6"x9" 3 way 250 watts oval speakers for d boot and d round speakers of the same specifiaction for the front doors....

This whole thng cost me arond 15k including the settin up of the plank required nd the installation...Guyss ws it worth it or cud i hve got sumthn better for d same price...i wud appreciate ur honest opinions...

n also i wud like to know wat i shud hve as an addon...obviously i ma talkin about d sub woofer n amp part....i heard dat JBl basstube along with JBL or Blaupunkt amp wud do nice .....

i wud like to noe weather d 500 watts or the 1000 watts of the JBL basstube is more gud...i mean since d car is a hatchback wud more sound be actually a waste .wud it hve d desired effect....or wud it sound too noisy....

Or shudi go for sumth n oder dan a basstube....n suggest me on d best posible amps...in dat tooo is 4 way or the 2 way gud....

please guys if u cud add ur inputs with the corrrespondin orice list dat wud be gr888....
Old 20th October 2007, 23:31   #1099

Hi Guys,

Loaded with the pointers that you people gave me, i set out to do a small market survey. Found this place called "junction" and got a quotation for
Rs 22,165 (with bill/warranty and installation charges included ). I specifically asked for a demo, but the guy said that he would do it only at the time of installation since they sound differently in a open room than in the rear of a car, and in case i didn't like some equipment and how it performed, he would demo other possible options.

He listed JBL 75.4 at Rs 11,700, 12 inch JBL sub with Box ( i forget the model #. Its the factory made sub with box) at Rs 7,200, i asked for the best possible cables he could use for wiring and he listed it as "R.C.Cable 5 meter 2pc" ( no clue about what it is and if they are good at all )at Rs 1,100 . and the remaining on the fuse and labor charges. He also mentioned that what i have is a 4 way at the rear and not 3-way like i had mentioned earlier and the front speaker i have right now is again a pioneer 180 W with built in tweeters. He also suggested that i might also want to look at Polk audio subs. I am going with an open mind on the sub and will decide on it based on which one sounds good to me.

Can you send me the links to the pics of Raven's installs? I would also like to talk to him.
Old 21st October 2007, 01:48   #1100
BHPian

Any idea about the price of JBL 601.1(AMP-Mono) with n without BnW?
Old 21st October 2007, 05:04   #1101
BHPian

JBL 601.1 IIRC is around 19500 with b/w.
No idea about grey market prices though.
Old 21st October 2007, 05:08   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedintellige View Post
he listed it as "R.C.Cable 5 meter 2pc" ( no clue about what it is and if they are good at all )at Rs 1,100o
Seems he is passing off some unbranded rcas. What's the brand ?

Also, the JBL sub is most probably the older GT4-12.

It is available now for 4000. I think it's a good idea to get box made yourself as you will save 2k easily.

Also, get a good pair of components for the front. Listen to the setup without rear speakers, then add rear speakers and listen again. You may not feel the need for the rear speakers.
Old 21st October 2007, 10:21   #1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Seems he is passing off some unbranded rcas. What's the brand ?

Also, the JBL sub is most probably the older GT4-12.

It is available now for 4000. I think it's a good idea to get box made yourself as you will save 2k easily.

Also, get a good pair of components for the front. Listen to the setup without rear speakers, then add rear speakers and listen again. You may not feel the need for the rear speakers.

Thats what i thought, usually these guys mention a brand if they want to show off how good the product is, he just added 1100 bucks to the list and said that would do.

I was also hoping to get some inputs from members from bangalore to find out places which are reliable when it comes to buying and fitting these things. akg you mentioned raven earlier, is there a way i can contact him?
Old 21st October 2007, 16:41   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedintellige View Post
Hi Guys,

Can you send me the links to the pics of Raven's installs? I would also like to talk to him.
You can find some of his installs at the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...blueraven.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ed-baleno.html

you can find his details at the following link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/blueraven316.html

He is really a good installer and takes personal interest in setting up ICE.
Good Luck !!
Old 21st October 2007, 17:22   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
hey guys now to the serious part....i wid like to get as many views n opinions as to wat i shud add to my existin car audio setup for my swift VDI baby....

The compnents i hve already loaded on ma car are..

Head Unit -Alpine CDE 9870
Speakers-Alpine SPC 69C3 6"x9" 3 way 250 watts oval speakers for d boot and d round speakers of the same specifiaction for the front doors....

This whole thng cost me arond 15k including the settin up of the plank required nd the installation...Guyss ws it worth it or cud i hve got sumthn better for d same price...i wud appreciate ur honest opinions...

n also i wud like to know wat i shud hve as an addon...obviously i ma talkin about d sub woofer n amp part....i heard dat JBl basstube along with JBL or Blaupunkt amp wud do nice .....

i wud like to noe weather d 500 watts or the 1000 watts of the JBL basstube is more gud...i mean since d car is a hatchback wud more sound be actually a waste .wud it hve d desired effect....or wud it sound too noisy....

Or shudi go for sumth n oder dan a basstube....n suggest me on d best posible amps...in dat tooo is 4 way or the 2 way gud....

please guys if u cud add ur inputs with the corrrespondin orice list dat wud be gr888....
Hi Rijo, no offense but perhaps avoiding SMS/Chat style of writing would make your posts more readable.

Since you have already purchased and installed the Alpine - most of whose products are good - you will gain only heart-burn if you seek what COULD have been alternatives. Better to enjoy the music that comes out of it - till you are able to figure out "WHAT IS IT THAT I AM MISSING?" Vocals not good enough? Not enough high notes? Rear too loud? ... that sort of thing. That way you would be able to seek what you really want - it's YOUR ears that count.

It all depends on what kind of music you listen to, and whether you want ICE for your listening or for the pedestrians around you.

If you are the 'flaunting' type, go for a JBL or Blau tube with an amp from them that fits your budget. That would give you - and the pedestrians - a lot of BOOM, but might leave you really irritated if you are listening to mrudangam!

If you are 'me and my music' type, buy JBL or Blau amp and a sealed sub box (you could also get the sub and then get a box made) - most prefer this.

Of course there are other brands to choose from (Sony generally recommended as 'avoidable'), so if you really want to know what's good for you, audition the systems in TBHP members' cars - PM @hydrashok and others who are in Kochi, they would be glad to help out and advise.
Old 21st October 2007, 19:44   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Hello, rijo, and welcome to TBHP.

Looks like DerAlte has covered everything you need to know.

All we now need to know is what improvement you want to make to your setup, and how much you want spend for the upgrade

The JBL 12" tube would be about 6K and an amp to drive just the tube (a 2-ch amp will do) would be about 5K (Blau GT2 special) with an additional 2k for power wiring and RCA cords. JBL's CS60.2 amps may still be available for about the same price (they have been discontinued to make way for the GT5 series).

If you'd like to amp the front speakers also (recommended) you can get a Blau GT4 special (about 6K) or a Pio 6700 (better, about 7K) or a (discontinued) JBL CS60.4 for about the same price. the JBL GT4 amps should be here soon, so I think it could be worth waiting for them also. As before, you'll need to add 2K to 3K for power wires and RCAs.

Where did you get the current setup installed?
Old 21st October 2007, 20:10   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
the JBL GT4 amps should be here soon, so I think it could be worth waiting for them also.
I think u mean GT5??
Old 21st October 2007, 23:47   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think u mean GT5??
Ahhhhh... yes! I did mean GT5. Thanks for pointing that out. Hard to believe I got high enough on Pepsi to have got that wrong!
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:18   #1109

I HAVE BEEN JBL'ed TO INFINITY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusking View Post
Currently I have already bought my componants. They are:
1. Pioneer 5850 HU
2. Infinity Reference Series 6020 (front)
3. JBL GTO 937 ovals(Rear)
4. JBL 60.4 Amp
5. JBL 301.1 monoblock Amp
6. Infinity 12" sub

Thanks to all you guys for the various inputs I have picked in almost all the threads. These inputs elped me decide on the all the parts of my ICE. I have finally installed it on firday at Anwars'. And Boy do they sound amazing! Its kudos to all of you for helping me directly or indirectly for the near perfect bliss with music while driving.

I have used Efx cables and tsunami powercables. They sound good. I think some more tweeking is reuquired but that can happen over a period of time I guess!!.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:47   #1110
BHPian

Help needed can some one throw some light on price of Alpine MRP-M650(AMP) without b&W n With B&W!
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks