Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2006, 13:22   #796
BANNED

Just reached home after KB ka dB got running. 4 days out of the forum! :(
I'll post a detailed report of the happenings. I wanted to do a live one, but was too dazzled with the install. I couldn't even pick up my phone properly. It was a real show at the install scene. People dropping in to just witness KB ka dB!
Watch this space for a full report coming soon.
Old 27th September 2006, 14:22   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
thread reopened. please stay on topic.
14 posts later, no real progress on the report.

Guys, please. We are ALL dying to see this one. Let's not have another 10 pages of meaningless posts before we see the first photo. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 28th September 2006, 01:46   #798
Senior - BHPian

saw some pix when I met Zak(and Gunbir,JB, Hydrashok and nikki). Pix should would be posted later today by Zak I hope.

Think KB$$ is waiting to add pix once he buy the rear fills and a new 2 channel amp.
Old 28th September 2006, 13:53   #799
BANNED

Here's the report!! Part1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
14 posts later, no real progress on the report.

Guys, please. We are ALL dying to see this one. Let's not have another 10 pages of meaningless posts before we see the first photo. Thanks for your cooperation.
C'mon!!! I dont know why everything is meaningless here. LOL!!!!
Everybody is still on the way home after the infamous install. And some have already posted what they've witnessed while the install is happening. And everybody is waiting with ears and eyes wide open to see and hear about it.

Ok! So, let it go loose now. I'll start.

Day1, 23 Sep 2006.
KB100 starts from Coimbatore to Bangalore with his very lovely ICE components (TRU T03 amp, Hertz 3ways, HU, Cabling etc..) which he had safely and secretly lived with for about 6months. He reaches Bangalore by 3pm or so (3hours 35mins for 355kms!!!!). And after some phone calls with our HOST (Mclaren1885), he gets to the hotel and cools off. Myself, after struggling thru some very bad patches of National Highway roads (Achieved a maximum speed of 5km per hour!!), reached there by 1am. Our experts A.K.A Gunbir and JB, were to arrive at the Bangy airport by then and KB went to fetch them. They also reached the hotel and boom!!!!!!!!!! It was ICEy ICEy talk'n talk till 3am in the morning. We barely managed to get a proper sleep after that (KB did'nt sleep at all. LOL) and we reached Autofusion by 12pm the next day for the Install.

Day2, 24 Sep 2006.
We reach Autofusion (Anwar's place) for the install. We meet Anwar and Tawqeer to discuss the plan of action. After some discussion we decide to start the install and it was 3pm by then. And by this time almost all the T-Bhpians in Bangalore gather around Autofusion to witness the most talked about KB ka dB happening. It was getting quite crowded around the area with cars. Mclaren1885, Memo_45, Psycho, Jay, IrfanMon, Rudra sir, V1p3r etc.. arrived and it was plenty of shouting, laughing, joking, talking happening.

JB gave the garage boys instructions of what to do and what not to. And the install started. The boys started to strip out the car. The older HU, Speakers etc.. had to come out first!

Boxes were opened, the components lined up. The Tru amp took out the breath of many. Damn!!! it's almost the size of KB!!! Even the shop keeper was amazed by the size of this amp.

The Wiring job was being done too. And the Audison cabling was looking very beautiful and it was oozing with quality and finish.

And while this was being done, JB got himself busy with the subwoofers. The box was made in Delhi and shipped to Bangalore. The quallty of the box was simply superb. The joins in the fabric were not to be seen at all. Even many companies which make boxed subwoofers would be ashamed after seeing the finish of this.

The subs were connected by series wiring and was out into the box one by one. These subs are monsters in disguise. They look like sheep but attack like wolf. It's small and innocent looking

A plank was placed in the boot behind the seat and the amp was mounted onto it. This way it remained free from the seat. And it looked far better than the other way.

To be continued...... Stay tuned!
Old 28th September 2006, 16:00   #800
BHPian

speezjak......aur aande .....keep it comin....
Old 29th September 2006, 16:29   #801
Senior - BHPian

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xplod1gz4.jpg

so the rear speakers are still ther?
Old 29th September 2006, 16:43   #802
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xplod1gz4.jpg

so the rear speakers are still ther?
C'mon now!!! How can it sit there in front of Tru, IDQ, Hertz etc..???
The pic you've seen is the speaker being taken out.
Old 30th September 2006, 01:52   #803
Senior - BHPian

I missed hearing that car Play, it was there when the install was happening in the evening,
Zak, i am sorry I would not wait for you, had to rush, will catch up sometime ,
Cheers.
Old 30th September 2006, 02:11   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak

To be continued...... Stay tuned!
When It Will Be Continued ??
Waiting For Final Pics..
Where Are KBji ??

Mugen_Power.
Old 30th September 2006, 06:21   #805
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
When It Will Be Continued ??
Waiting For Final Pics..
Where Are KBji ??

Mugen_Power.
Chill! We're just waiting for Gunbir & JB to reach Delhi and post the pics in their professional way. It'll be worth the wait man!
Old 30th September 2006, 11:43   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Where Are KBji ??

Mugen_Power.
Yes, where? KB is missing for some time I guess. He's probably sleeping in the car, and blasting the ICE when he's awake. Ahhhhh... the joy of revelling in your own new install...
Old 30th September 2006, 12:14   #807
BANNED

Kb is still getting adjusted to the whole new experience. This stage is not easy to overcome. So, the silence!
Soon, you'll only be able to see him in the moon, with music oozing from everywhere.
Old 30th September 2006, 23:50   #808
BHPian

please post complete pictures............................
Old 1st October 2006, 15:55   #809
Senior - BHPian

The stories about the Amp has floated it's way to here too. Heard that a certain "proffessional" tester tested the amp to be giving 300W RMS at 4 ohms per channel..??

Complete story and pics please all you lafadias....hate this half-now-half-later business. We running Citibank instalment scheme or what..?
Old 1st October 2006, 21:22   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
The stories about the Amp has floated it's way to here too. Heard that a certain "proffessional" tester tested the amp to be giving 300W RMS at 4 ohms per channel..??
300 Watts Rms ??
It Means The Amp Must Be Capable Of 1200 Rms.

How One Can Calculate The Wattage ?? Any Method ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks