Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 16:18   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Anyway, mostly electrolytics have 'tangdis' (legs) on the same side of the cylinder rather than on opposite sides, but this is not always true. They also have a strip running down their side which indicates the negative terminal for an electrical circuit. Most paralytics are also like that, but the tangdis dont do much.
the longer tangdis is the postive one and the smaller one is a negative one......which make them paralytic....

but the normal poly one has both the tangdis of equal lenght....as they dont have any polarity issue in them...
Old 12th September 2006, 16:56   #722
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If Navin were you..Yeah, usually upgrading capacitors is quite simple as long as you know what replacements to use, and the space permits it.
the space in this cae will not permit larger caps. I would try and shoehorn some 0.1uf or 0.22uf poly caps in parallel with the 4.7uf and 10uf caps if possible. this would atleast offer some relief.

Navin really build his own crossovers using plastic visiting card boxes as the containter and pouring silicone glue (B&T has other uses for this stuff) to ensure the components are not rattled by the envrioment. However to do this you need LMS, LEAP and LspCad or Clio or if you are KB, MLSSA. :-)

However getting an aircore inductor into a car XO is a real pain. In the one case when I did this the XO the box was about 4"x3"x6".
Old 12th September 2006, 17:20   #723
BANNED

Please KB!
I think you should do the install first. And think about modding the crossovers later.
Old 12th September 2006, 17:24   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
However getting an aircore inductor into a car XO is a real pain. In the one case when I did this the XO the box was about 4"x3"x6".
Which is why the Illusion Carbon crossover looks like this. It occupies almost 75% of the space in the box.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3...entcopyvk9.jpg

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 12th September 2006 at 17:32.
Old 12th September 2006, 17:28   #725
Senior - BHPian

Fotu Time!!

Ok Folks... Took the snaps... I am not a very great photographer - and I am so impatient that I have not gone throught he manual of the camera either to decipher how best to put its myriad features to use. Suffices to say I have clicked a few!

Here they are...!!

First the tweeters - Hetrz Hi-Energy HT 25

The Rear Acoustic Chamber of the Tweeter!

The Mids - Hertz Hi-Energy HD 500 (these were the old MILLE Range mids)

The Mids - A lil Closer

The Woofer - Hertz Hi-Energy HV 165 L

The Delicious Cone - Non Pressed Paper with Cotton Fibers

The Phase Plug - - Look at the double wave rubber surround - nothing protrudes!!

The Phase Plug again - a lil more oblique this time

The Basket

The Rear

Last edited by kb100 : 12th September 2006 at 17:33.
Old 12th September 2006, 17:47   #726
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kbji,

Congrates..
Where Can I Get Details Of Your Final Setup ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 12th September 2006, 18:09   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which is why the Illusion Carbon crossover looks like this. It occupies almost 75% of the space in the box.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/41171.jpg
B&T... Something wrong with the link ... not working... Please post again..

Last edited by kb100 : 12th September 2006 at 18:18.
Old 12th September 2006, 18:20   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
B&T... Something wrong with the link ... not working... Please post again..
Yeah, I know. I also couldn't figure out why. Anyway, I hope this works.

Old 12th September 2006, 18:27   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Hi Kbji,

Congrates..
Where Can I Get Details Of Your Final Setup ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen saab... lol... Final setup is probably the thing everyone is waiting for... Including me!!! .. There are now these lot of ppl goading me to feed my pooah ol 10" subs some 1000WATTS - that too conservative watts!! . this will necessitate another amp which will feed some 200 conservative watts down the throats of the above three-ways... I AM RESISTING.... grrrrrrrrrr

The list of equipment till now is there in this thread... look around post number 530 onwards...
Old 12th September 2006, 18:54   #730
Senior - BHPian

see the size of the vc of the midbass

HUGE 3 inches.....never seen this big vc in a 6.5 inch driver....with neodymium and ferrite magnets

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 12th September 2006 at 18:57.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:04   #731
Senior - BHPian

I have... Morel elates,Dyn's, all of them use these sized voice coils... I even have a feeling it may be the same manufacturer!! ... lol

That chrome finish is lovely!

@ B&T those bloody thingys are huge!!.. Bloody hell! - is that size correct in relation to the woofer??

Last edited by kb100 : 12th September 2006 at 19:06.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:26   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ B&T those bloody thingys are huge!!.. Bloody hell! - is that size correct in relation to the woofer??
Yeah, that's the 5" component, and all sizes are correct relative to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
see the size of the vc of the midbass
Kb's right. Even the Dynaudios and the Morel's use a voice coil this large. There are advantages if used rightly, and disadvantages if not.

Kb, I know for a fact that Dynaudio doesn't make the drivers for Morel and DLS, and even more certainly that they sure make it for themselves. They're so particular, they even make the cabinets etc for their home audio drivers. Quite a versatile company. I adore some of their home stuff, especially upwards of the Contour Series.
Old 12th September 2006, 20:01   #733
BANNED

Those pics are really great!! Thanx KB!!!
It also proved the fact that those HSK 165 will be a very difficult fit in my Alto!!

I just cant wait to hear those beauties in action. Oh, that Non pressed paper woofer is more sexier than pimples on Madhuri's cheeks. And you should've felt the build quality of those. I've experienced it. Simply amazing.

@B&T, Great pic of those Illusions! And shocked to hear it's just 5.25"!!!!

BTW, I really dunno why!! But LBM, Why do you have to always compare your stuff with others?? Last time this comparison took us some far places!! No offence please and thanx for that pic!!

Last edited by speedzak : 12th September 2006 at 20:04.
Old 12th September 2006, 20:33   #734
Senior - BHPian

Hey Not a problem...That is the only way we'll get to see an Iridium up close!

Honestly its a very good looking well built woofer! Am sure they do a good job as well... Have heard the midbass needs a lot of installing to get it to boom!!

Latest news ... impending tweeter upgrade....
Old 12th September 2006, 21:35   #735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have... Morel elates,Dyn's, all of them use these sized voice coils... @ B&T those bloody thingys are huge!!.. Bloody hell! - is that size correct in relation to the woofer??
Show and tell! Oh boy I'm so happy.

a) Morel Israel used to licence technology from Dynaudio (including the Hexatech voicecoil) I have used their MDT33 and recent Supreme tweeters (and other less fascinating stuff) and trust me that thing could be XOed at 1,5kHz/6db and absorb 200W (Adcom GFA555) no sweat. Now the MDT33 was in 1987.

b) In my experience very large inductors rob a system of it's dynamics which is why it is nice to biamp if one is XOing below 300Hz or so. KB are you listening. You have JB in your corner, I assume he'll guide you accodingly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks