Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2006, 17:17   #661
Senior - BHPian

Wowie.... and I was gone only for three hours!!

Okay Gunbir... B&T... LBM ..and FRIENDS!

I dont know how many of you have used/heard the DLS Iridiums and/or the Hertz Hi energies.... From his own admission I know Gunbir has used both. Going by sheer reputation I was very tempted to pick the Iridiums up - not to mention I was getting them @ 20k (YES B&T - the baker just threw in his daughter also for free! ).. but yes I am a sucker for dark horses!

Can you Gunbir.. For the sake of the entire community - PLEASE put down your objective POSITIVES & NEGATIVES (we call this "Learning Opportunities" in our Bizz) of these two sets..

Siince both are Three-way can we compare both the product and the produce (sound in this case!) in this order.. perhaps to end with, an over-all score on a 1-10 scale will help sum up the two.

1. Woofer/Midbass

2. Midrange

3. Tweets

4. Crossovers

These kind of comparisons have never happened in this-here ICE section - perhaps we can start so that we can depend on our own expert's views instead of depending on foriegn forums.

EDIT : I have great respect for LBM and his passion for ICE. We also call and talk to each other a lot as well. I would like to reiterate that my decision was an extention of trusting the Doctor - and like I said my willingness to gamble. At no point is any of this to be misconstrued as anything else - I am ONLY seeking the biggest bang for MY buck!

Last edited by kb100 : 9th September 2006 at 17:34. Reason: Three posts by the time I had finished typing this!!
Old 9th September 2006, 17:27   #662
BANNED

Kb!!!! Your thread has something serious **** in it.
The amount of pangas we've seen in this one is simply great! Anyway, it's really good and I have collected so much information on ICE due to these moorings.
And there was no action in the ICE section after 1pm except this one!!!

Guyz! Everybody is right on their opinions.
And I also felt that DLS for 25k is freakin freeeeee! but then I think it's not alone there. Some other brands also have thingys which can match those. Tried looking for Seas. But cant get hold of one. And here it costs almost the same as my car!!

And KB's suggestion seems good! Just do that GunMAN!

Last edited by speedzak : 9th September 2006 at 17:35.
Old 9th September 2006, 17:30   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Guyz! Everybody is right on their opinions.
And I also felt that DLS for 25k is freakin freeeeee! but then I think it's not alone there. Some other brands also have thingys which can match those. Tried looking for Seas. But cant get hold of one. And here it costs almost the same as my car!!
the dls are for 25k in dubai in india they are for 98k now judge it ...the seas will be for less in dubai check it out.....then compare......
Old 9th September 2006, 17:42   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I have great respect for LBM and his passion for ICE. We also call and talk to each other a lot as well. I would like to reiterate that my decision was an extention of trusting the Doctor - and like I said my willingness to gamble. At no point is any of this to be misconstrued as anything else - I am ONLY seeking the biggest bang for MY buck!
thanks KB

Every time we talked I had no biaising to any brand what so ever....it was just plain ICE we talked.......
Old 9th September 2006, 17:51   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
B&T I am a little quiet on this topic and remain quite....i am a small time DIYer. I buy what I think is right and ........I cannot be compared with the big shots here.....they are always right .....this has been since the day I have joined tbhp and also till this day also...so I now I avoid getting in this type of discussions......so that I do not get banned again.......
LBM the proof of the pudding is in the "eating".

I'm no big shot. I respect your spirit and your hunger for knowledge. I also await the day you will dazzle me with a great sounding system. If you keep your eyes, ears and mind open, that day wont be far. Good luck with your quest.

Quote:
Can you Gunbir.. For the sake of the entire community - PLEASE put down your objective POSITIVES & NEGATIVES (we call this "Learning Opportunities" in our Bizz) of these two sets..
KB, I could. But I'm biased , so whats the use. Anyways, I have already said what I had to... so you can take it for what its worth.
Old 9th September 2006, 18:26   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
KB, I could. But I'm biased , so whats the use. Anyways, I have already said what I had to... so you can take it for what its worth.
Gunbir...

I have taken it for whats its worth... that must be evident - the product is sitting 3 feet from me!

but what is the point of a forum where anything of essence needs to be communicated via PM/telephone conversations. Dont you think it will benefit the entire comunity. - Dont posts with such comparisons abound in all the other respected forums across the world?

So biased or not you seem to be the only person to have used both of them - so till someone else who has comes comes along - Can you please put down your views on them. This is a REQUEST.
Old 9th September 2006, 18:51   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gunbir...

I have taken it for whats its worth... that must be evident - the product is sitting 3 feet from me!

but what is the point of a forum where anything of essence needs to be communicated via PM/telephone conversations. Dont you think it will benefit the entire comunity. - Dont posts with such comparisons abound in all the other respected forums across the world?

So biased or not you seem to be the only person to have used both of them - so till someone else who has comes comes along - Can you please put down your views on them. This is a REQUEST.
KB of course I didnt mean YOU. But lets not get deeper into this. Lets get back to discussing your car audio. And not get into why its better than X, Y or Z.

YOU paid for your car, your audio. And YOU will know the difference when you hear your system Vs others you have heard / will hear. Bas, baat khatam.
Old 9th September 2006, 18:58   #668
Senior - BHPian

I also have listen to both of them but for the hertz i have not listen to them in a strech i have listen to them for few min total and i cannot commet till i get hold of them for few hours after that I can commet on them.....

Yes there must be a comparison atleast we all can benifit from it.......
Old 9th September 2006, 19:20   #669
BANNED

Sir!!! Even LBM is asking you for it!
Now you cant hold back. So, when is it?

And I think KB has decided about his rearfill!
Old 9th September 2006, 19:58   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KB of course I didnt mean YOU. But lets not get deeper into this. Lets get back to discussing your car audio. And not get into why its better than X, Y or Z.
Firstly Gunbir, I must whole heartedly thank you for posting my whole post again, and just interspersing some "It's your opinion". Come on sport, those weren't opinions, they were facts. Opinion is when someone says "I like this sound better, period", or like "my bass is meatier than thou", except that you shouldn't say the last statement to a gorgeous girl. That'd have to be a really baaad line!

Quote:
LBM the proof of the pudding is in the "eating"
Hmm, someone seems to have tasted a lot of puddings. Not baaaad!

Quote:
YOU paid for your car, your audio. And YOU will know the difference when you hear your system Vs others you have heard / will hear. Bas, baat khatam.
This means either of these two things.

At the budget (I hope), this is going to be easily the best setup in the world in terms of sound. Good going, I wish you luck.

OR

You're praying that he doesn't go out and listen to much else.
Old 9th September 2006, 20:18   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
no offence but this made me laugh
Old 9th September 2006, 20:30   #672
BHPian

LBM, B&T, KB100 and other members,

In audio, both home and car, drivers alone have less role in the final outcome of the sound.

In home audio the final sound quality you hear, the driver accounts for 30% credit and rest 70% goes to cabinet, crossover and cables.

In car audio its 30-40% drivers & crossovers rest all credit (70-60%) goes to the installer and his techniques.

At the end I would like to say there is no such thing as best loudspeaker in the world. If that would have been the case the other companies would have closed their shops way back. One speaker can be better than the other that too with both objective as well as subjective opinions of people auditioning the speakers which can contradict most of the times.

There are people in the business who absurdly price their products and claim to deliver a high end and audiophile quality sound by buying the components from OEM manufacturer and putting their name on the product. On the other hand there are manufacturers who have R&D team who designs the product from ground zero and the changes are done frequently till the full satisfying prototype (both measurement and auditioning) is not achieved and which is finally manufactured in own facility.

In the above two cases the sound quality difference will be obvious the latter being better in majority cases.

As an unbiased example I have seen engineers at Elettromedia (Hertz, Audison) working on the prototype Mille crossovers (when they were being developed). They installed the final prototypes of drivers in the car and they were choosing and finalising the crossover components by listening in the car by changing the values and brands of the components on a prototype crossover PCB. Thats one of the exercise which is carried out in making a product which actually delivers beyond all hype.

Similarly an extensive research in the field of cone/basket/magnet/voicecoil/spider materials and design has gone in developing the midbass driver.

What I mean to say is that when there is many weeks & months of effort in design, research, development behind any speaker it is bound to deliver far more than a run of the mill product.

Last edited by Autophile : 9th September 2006 at 20:34.
Old 9th September 2006, 20:31   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
This means either of these two things.

At the budget (I hope), this is going to be easily the best setup in the world in terms of sound. Good going, I wish you luck.
OR
Hah... B&T, believe me, I would like to answer that. But I dont think it deserves a response. But it must be said that for whatever reason, your remarks are increasingly scathing. I suggest we take this to PM where I hope you will be more upfront about any issues you may have with me.

Last edited by gunbir : 9th September 2006 at 20:42.
Old 10th September 2006, 01:49   #674
BANNED

Nice KB! You're a very lucky person. For 12 bloody hours, there was not even a single post in any thread in ICE section except ofcourse, KB KA DB!!
Now, before anybody closes this thread, Guys! Let's call it for now.
A Bhpian will always hate any sort of marketing in this Forum. So, if Gunman does a comparison, it'll be hated unless he doesnt recommend his products. This makes things difficult.
Old 10th September 2006, 05:48   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm still in Paris. And I have wise words for you kids.

You know, the buddha bar has great food and some really really really amazing women. And they don't give half a rats bum about your stupid DLS and Hertz and JBL and Audiobahn and KooKooKooKoo components and subwoofers.
You are alll wasting your lives. The end is coming and you will be left with your vital organs in your hands, a collection of some stupid speakers and memories of silly arguments on team-BHP.

Wake up before it's too late. A revolution is required. Who's with me?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 10th September 2006 at 05:54. Reason: I used the word "penis" and it felt inappropriate for the mood. So i felt the need to edit it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks