Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 16:09   #631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
As for KB, after hours of understanding his listening tastes, we have a fair idea of what he wants.
And boy... Those are some real HOURS we are talking about - and some insane ones too...lol... In fact the phone bill itself can pay for an amp!! ..

And the closer it gets the more painful the wait becomes!

Quote:
we have a fair idea of what he wants. And we will deliver... So since HE will be satisfied with his sound...
.... AMEN !!
Old 8th September 2006, 18:17   #632
BANNED

Rear fill!! Yes or no in KB ka DB????

Quote:
Yes, the mids and highs will be on a higher level, and it will give the rear listeners a decent soundstage.

I agree about the headphones at the rear, for an audiophile, I think they are a great idea for the rear.
Great Idea! I'd love to see this kind of install!

Maybe there's something wrong with my front speaker locations that the soundstage seems incomplete without the rearfills. And without the rearfill, movie experience would be impossible in the rear unless ofcourse, Headphones are used.

ON TOPIC: So, KB is going for rearfills or not??? that's the question which matters for now!

Quote:
KB, LBM.. lets not get into comparisons. LBM is satisfied with his cars sound and thats whats important, not what I or others think.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont compare with other peoples' tastes. I know many who love their fake Pioneers and hate others' Beckers! It's a matter of satisfaction and not comparison!
Old 8th September 2006, 19:13   #633
Senior - BHPian

if we dont compare people tastes just the speaker I think iridium will be mostly above the rest of the stuff avalable in the market......

also the user of iridium as mostly world champions like the scott and they are not fool to buy some thing which will sound bad or even mediocre......

I am not a world champion or interested to be I am just a DIY guy who loves car audio and want to achive the best by install asking fitting expermenting discuss and modifing the installed stuff to achive the best out of it ...........
Old 8th September 2006, 19:44   #634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
if we dont compare people tastes just the speaker I think iridium will be mostly above the rest of the stuff avalable in the market......

also the user of iridium as mostly world champions like the scott and they are not fool to buy some thing which will sound bad or even mediocre......

I am not a world champion or interested to be I am just a DIY guy who loves car audio and want to achive the best by install asking fitting expermenting discuss and modifing the installed stuff to achive the best out of it ...........
Gooood!! chill!!!!!

Nobody said the iridiums are mediocre! Or for the matter nobody said it sounds bad!
Just that KB is excited with his new purchase, he was boasting that it can beat any speaker in the same budget! And that's still his take on thingys.

I've heard that DLS have won a lot of SQ exhibitions and competitions. So, their products wont be that bad!

So, after the install is done and KB gets his DB rolling, the only thing matters is if he is satisfied with the sound or not. If he is (which I think for sure), then Kudos!!! and (in a very rare occasion) if he is not and wants to spend some more bucks, then he can always dig in for iridiums which will again go thru the same procedure; is he satisfied or not....??? And he can settle for something more expensive if not.

BTW, I'll be smiling if he opts for iridiums later.
Why?? What can a person do with two 3 way components? So one will have to go!
hum woh Hertz ka muntazir hein!!! And begging is sometimes helpful too. Is'nt it????
Old 8th September 2006, 21:42   #635
Senior - BHPian

FOlks!!

I want to beautify the install a lil if I can... you know... Neons... some etched pexiglass protecting the amp(s?) etc... I was thinking about some neon wires.... led.... etc... Nothing flashy .. Just something that will light up the install in a nice understated way! - esp like the way light is going to catch the etched logos etc...

Soliciting suggestions please.. along with cost and application...
Old 8th September 2006, 22:04   #636
BHPian

Kb,just based on my experience i would like to share my views wiht u.
1st is that u should go for one gauge higher wire[thicker] than recommended so that in future u r ready for any sane modification without having to buy that wire.
e.g.In my case if i want to add one more subw,i ahve to replce my existing 4g power wire with 2 g.

2nd is right now u can leave out rear fillers and see if u r comfortable with front 3-way+2 subw.If u really want to have raer fillers,which o/w i strongly suggest,go for 4-ch amplifier rather than 2-ch so that u can also power raer speakers.

Most of the experts+LBM may like to avoid raer fillers but u r neither expert nor LBM and u r a family man and other would like to taste the music especially if ur wife comes to knwo the actual cost of ur ICE.

I like to have rear fillers in my system even if i am driving it alone.U know 'surround sound' psyche,one would like to be 'surrounded' by sounds.I certainly can feel that my rear spk r ON.

Why i am saying that after spending nearly 0.2million Indian Rs,10-15k should not matter to you,seriously.

Now go ahead with ur install...
Old 8th September 2006, 22:05   #637
Senior - BHPian

2 questions

1) rear fill..Y/N
2) anothr amp..Y?N

Old 8th September 2006, 22:18   #638
Senior - BHPian

You sure are wikked JK ... you answer Post # 636 of mine!!!
Old 8th September 2006, 22:58   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
You sure are wikked JK ... you answer Post # 636 of mine!!!
boss its simple thing. havent u seen zak's install or zuhemis install?
Old 8th September 2006, 23:56   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
boss its simple thing. havent u seen zak's install or zuhemis install?
Zak's NO ... Zuhemi's YES - but in broad daylight (around 2pm)... so all I remember seeing were the neon wires..
Old 9th September 2006, 00:31   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
1st is that u should go for one gauge higher wire[thicker]

Most of the experts+LBM may like to avoid raer fillers but u r neither expert nor LBM and u r a family man and other would like to taste the music especially if ur wife comes to knwo the actual cost of ur ICE.

I like to have rear fillers in my system even if i am driving it alone.U know 'surround sound' psyche,one would like to be 'surrounded' by sounds.I certainly can feel that my rear spk r ON.
yes u must go with a atleast 0 gauge wire or more to power up the install this will also help in future expansions....

rsj you qouted my name twice in the same manner experts and lbm now i wanna ask one thing do u consider me above the experts or below them as u have used my name twice.......

the surround effect comes in picture when some time delay is made between the two channels with in turn make the sound echo this is what a surround would be but in stereo when one play the rear channels the sound get intermingle and it sound very sugglish which would not be liked by any one . also I wanna add here it is ones choice to go for a rear fill or not and it all depends on application.......wife agrees or not....
Old 9th September 2006, 01:40   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker

LBM, Have you ever used/heard Dynaudio, Seas, Morel to name a few (that are available here)... I'm afraid the answer is probably NO. There are many brands that make far better speakers than DLS. If your buying decision was based on the fact that Buwalda used DLS for his last win, then he also used MB Quart for the one before that. What if both his MBQ Nissan and DLS Altima both competed together? Which would win. Well I dont know, but does that make MBQ lesser than DLS somehow? Or does that make them equivalent?

I'm sorry to say you sound ignorant when you say "the user of iridium as mostly world champions like the scott and they are not fool to buy some thing which will sound bad or even mediocre". Umm, Scott was sponsored by DLS. He didnt buy anything my friend. Manufacturers sponsor champion installers cuz it gets them wins, which get them hype, which gets them sales.

And as far as DLS sounding good or bad is concerened... Scott is one of the best installers there. Probably THE best. The fact that he used DLS for his last win doesnt mean much to me. You could give him any decent equipment and he can do magic with it. In the words of Scott Buwalda himself, when asked the age old question... "Install Vs Product".... His answer was "Install, Install, Install".
If you go by your logic, then the new Buwalda Hybrid drivers are the best now. Why? Because he's going to compete with his own drivers installed this time, and he'll probably win again.

So while I appreciate your passion for car audio, I hope you wont make general statements about products you own. I know that I could make you listen to a hundred better sounding cars and you would still call yours the best. And thats fine with me. To quote Sam, "My mum's daal will always be better that your mum's daal". In fact, I have nothing against DLS. They make decent speakers and we have used them in the past. I just dont think some of their higher end products are worth the price as there are better products out there for the same money.

BTW, your system still needs a LOT of work. But then its your ears, your tastes and your music. If you're happy, I'm happy.

Its just that when you repeatedly make sweeping statements that amount to "DLS is the best because Scott won with them" its not completely right. So just trying to set the record straight...

Last edited by gunbir : 9th September 2006 at 01:54.
Old 9th September 2006, 09:12   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zak's NO ... Zuhemi's YES - but in broad daylight (around 2pm)... so all I remember seeing were the neon wires..
in zuhemi's car teh neon around teh frnt compos looked great. zak has one around his sub.
Old 9th September 2006, 11:33   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, Have you ever used/heard Dynaudio, Seas, Morel to name a few

BTW, your system still needs a LOT of work. But then its your ears, your tastes and your music. If you're happy, I'm happy....
I have listened to seas at the meet in ur car.....

Ya phaji My system need lots of work to do can u please tell me some pointer so that It can help me in achiving the best . The reason I insited to listen to my car is that I want a good judge which can tell me where the problem is....which in turn will help me to improve it more further......
Old 9th September 2006, 11:38   #645
BANNED

Quote:
FOlks!!

I want to beautify the install a lil if I can... you know... Neons... some etched pexiglass protecting the amp(s?) etc... I was thinking about some neon wires.... led.... etc... Nothing flashy .. Just something that will light up the install in a nice understated way! - esp like the way light is going to catch the etched logos etc...

Soliciting suggestions please.. along with cost and application...
Hmmmmm!!!! Now, KB is willing to shed some light on the install too.
Good decision! Some pieces of neon wire, 2 Led strips and a music sensor diode will do the work. You can also look for LED spots which can be focussed towards the LOGOs, amps etc..
Piece of advice: Dont make the install very flashy like the paki truckies!
Azcomp lighting is available in India now. They're a bit on the expensive side but with unmatched quality. If you want to keep the bill low, then look for cheaper Chinese\Korean brands.
You can also pay a look on my install and I'll get you some pics of Zuhemi's install (night view).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks