Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2006, 11:45   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
You can also pay a look on my install and I'll get you some pics of Zuhemi's install (night view).
do post it here so every body can view it.........
Old 9th September 2006, 12:04   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmmmm!!!! If you want to keep the bill low,
?? IF IF ?? ......YES YES YES .. Holy Moly YESssss!!!

Quote:
Hmmmmm!!!! then look for cheaper Chinese\Korean brands.
How much cheaper would these be??.. anyone got any prices for these things??
Old 9th September 2006, 12:26   #648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
LBM, Have you ever used/heard Dynaudio, Seas, Morel to name a few (that are available here)... I'm afraid the answer is probably NO....
I'm sorry to say you sound ignorant when you say "the user of iridium as mostly world champions like the scott and they are not fool to buy some thing which will sound bad or even mediocre"....
You could give him any decent equipment and he can do magic with it. In the words of Scott Buwalda himself, when asked the age old question.....

I know that I could make you listen to a hundred better sounding cars and you would still call yours the best.

In fact, I have nothing against DLS. They make decent speakers and we have used them in the past. I just dont think some of their higher end products are worth the price as there are better products out there for the same money....BTW, your system still needs a LOT of work. But then its your ears, your tastes and your music. If you're happy, I'm happy.

Its just that when you repeatedly make sweeping statements that amount to "DLS is the best because Scott won with them" its not completely right. So just trying to set the record straight...
Gunbir, chill. No need to be so harsh. We are all friends here.

The last line was that needed to be said the rest was a bit over the top if you ask me. This is the ICE forum nothing as important as the new forum Sam (and I think B&T as well) are brewing.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:46   #649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100

How much cheaper would these be??.. anyone got any prices for these things??
I bought neon wire of 2 feet length for 800Rs. Two 4 feet LED strips for 1600Rs. Two 2 feet LED strips for 1100Rs. Two 1 feet LED strips for 800Rs. 1Pack of 8 LED spots for 650Rs.

Let me tell you, These are possibly higher prices because I bought these from Emperor and I did'nt do any bargaining (Those were not available anywhere else). And you better know how they quote their prices!!!
Old 9th September 2006, 12:54   #650
Senior - BHPian

Oh... So you mean they could actually be cheaper than that?... where... anyone who knows???
Old 9th September 2006, 12:58   #651
BANNED

Quote:
Oh... So you mean they could actually be cheaper than that?... where... anyone who knows???
Bangy!!! Where else???

Or after the ICE is done, we can drive to Cochin and get the lighting done by Zuhemi. What say???? He'll get goose bumps all over the body seeing your install!!!!
Old 9th September 2006, 13:06   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangy!!! Where else???

Or after the ICE is done, we can drive to Cochin and get the lighting done by Zuhemi. What say???? He'll get goose bumps all over the body seeing your install!!!!
heh heh heh ... While the thought is wikkedly delicious lets not do that... Let the opportunity present itself... no point in proving a point!!

Secondly I want to get this done one shot... this is as much a part of the install as the rest of it is..
Old 9th September 2006, 13:11   #653
BANNED

Quote:
heh heh heh ... While the thought is wikkedly delicious lets not do that... Let the opportunity present itself... no point in proving a point!!

Secondly I want to get this done one shot... this is as much a part of the install as the rest of it is..
I was joking about the Zuhemi part in my earlier post!

Get this done one shot. And I think Phaajis will be the best guys to do this too. We'll buy them some extra Samosas if needed.
Old 9th September 2006, 13:17   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get this done one shot. And I think Phaajis will be the best guys to do this too. We'll buy them some extra Samosas if needed.
SACRILAGE -- samosas as enticemnt to a self respecting sardaar?? Dont make them cancel man!!

BAngy Boys... Shed some light on them neons will you ...

OT but the new look of T-Bhp is quite nice! - though the Brown is taking some getting used to!
Old 9th September 2006, 13:22   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
This is the ICE forum nothing as important as the new forum Sam (and I think B&T as well) are brewing.
Navin is that section really coming along??
Old 9th September 2006, 14:36   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Gunbir, chill. No need to be so harsh. We are all friends here.
The last line was that needed to be said the rest was a bit over the top if you ask me.
C'mon, this forum and the regulars like us have been accused of far worse than this... Why, we openly bash Sony, Somokoo, Dhoom, Xenos etc. If those opinions are ours and we are free to voice them, then what wrong with me responding to LBM when he implies that DLS are superior to all others at this price. That too here, in KB's thread, when KB has just announced he has already bought a different product... is THAT in good taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
if we dont compare people tastes just the speaker I think iridium will be mostly above the rest of the stuff avalable in the market......

also the user of iridium as mostly world champions like the scott and they are not fool to buy some thing which will sound bad or even mediocre......
Having heard his setup, I have politely hinted that he still has to do a lot more tuning with his setup. Just because he bought an 'award winning' product, doesnt mean his system will sound like magic overnight. If this is harsh then so be it... the truth usually is... If it helps him understand this and he further improves on his system, have I not helped him. Or does lying to his face for the sake of diplomacy qualify as help?

I have been quietly watching for quite some time now... but looking at the amount of money he continues to spend in the wrong direction, these things had to be said. If his goal is SPL, then he probably knows best. That is not my area and I dont know much about SPL. But if his goal is SQ, then he is going down the wrong path...

Quote:
Ya phaji My system need lots of work to do can u please tell me some pointer so that It can help me in achiving the best . The reason I insited to listen to my car is that I want a good judge which can tell me where the problem is....which in turn will help me to improve it more further......
Before you start reading into this, I dont want to sell him anything and if I have my way, I never will. But there is far better stuff out there than what he spends his money on. If he feels the kind of sound we put out is something he likes and wants, we can help him get far more out of his system than he is now.

LBM, I am at your disposal for any help you need. As long as you're open to listening to what I may have to say. If you like my advice, use it. If you dont, its not a problem. Just do me a favour, leave all assumptions behind. The Internet can be misguiding... what with overhyped and overmarketed products everywhere. An open mind will help.

Thats it, end of my over the top, harsh banter.
Old 9th September 2006, 15:58   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
C'mon, this forum and the regulars like us have been accused of far worse than this... Why, we openly bash Sony, Somokoo, Dhoom, Xenos etc. If those opinions are ours and we are free to voice them, then what wrong with me responding to LBM when he implies that DLS are superior to all others at this price. That too here, in KB's thread, when KB has just announced he has already bought a different product... is THAT in good taste?
That's a fair opinion, and I'm sure we all know how opinionated you are. But the truth is that bashing Xenos Dhoom, Soomoku cannot even remotely be compared to bashing DLS, atleast the set in concern.

True that Scott certainly didn't purchase a pin that went into his ride. At that level, he ought to be out of his mind to buy stuff. No one does. In fact, even screwball product reviewers get stuff for free. He's a champion atleast. Which brings me to the point that there is something more important for him than just some money. And that's his reputation. This is a small forum, the American and International car audio competiton community is a zillion times larger. And it would be putting a lot at stake to use some remotely inferior product and standing to lose his reputation. It has to be top notch. So that doesn't make it the best, but yeah, it's right up there. When he says "Install, install, install" the idea is that atleast get right what you can. You can't change the product. So that also means, pick the right product anyway. That is not a compromise in product selection.

Quote:
Having heard his setup, I have politely hinted that he still has to do a lot more tuning with his setup. Just because he bought an 'award winning' product, doesnt mean his system will sound like magic overnight. If this is harsh then so be it... the truth usually is... If it helps him understand this and he further improves on his system, have I not helped him. Or does lying to his face for the sake of diplomacy qualify as help?
Has he heard anything that you regard as an 'upto the mark' project? After listening to it, did he say that he likes it and would love to replicate that in his car? If not, he surely thinks that the sound he wants and appreciates greatly differs your perception of the same. I would say there's a good chance of that. You must admit that people's perceptions of SQ (not as that defined by an audiophile's rulebook) do greatly differ. As a true audiophile and an SQ (as that defined by an audiophile's rulebook) enthusiast, you shouldn't even be listening to poorly pressed cds, or rap music or some psy trance releease that a 13 year old kid put together on the moon (well, atleast that's where he thought he was when actually he was right in his bedroom tripped on Acid), let alone compressed formats, Indian and other so-called sub-standardly pressed music, and radio! I'm sure LBM thinks Mozart is the other mutt from the Beethoven movie, and Rebecca Pidgeon is the latest culinary delight in China. (No I don't LBM, god promise.. Gunbir does . And I won't eat you also.) In which case, do you think you can help him?

Quote:
I have been quietly watching for quite some time now... but looking at the amount of money he continues to spend in the wrong direction, these things had to be said. If his goal is SPL, then he probably knows best. That is not my area and I dont know much about SPL. But if his goal is SQ, then he is going down the wrong path...
SQ and SPL are not the only two 'genres' of car audio. Pleeeease!

Quote:
Before you start reading into this, I dont want to sell him anything and if I have my way, I never will. But there is far better stuff out there than what he spends his money on. If he feels the kind of sound we put out is something he likes and wants, we can help him get far more out of his system than he is now.
He said he also doesn't want to sell you anything. So there! Katti! (Isn't it amazing how easily I make decisions on other people's behalf?)

Quote:
LBM, I am at your disposal for any help you need. As long as you're open to listening to what I may have to say. If you like my advice, use it. If you dont, its not a problem. Just do me a favour, leave all assumptions behind. The Internet can be misguiding... what with overhyped and overmarketed products everywhere. An open mind will help.
Quote:
Katti!
P.S. Before I forget, let me mention. That DLS for 25k whatever is not a deal-steal. It's freakin freeeeeee!

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 9th September 2006 at 16:03.
Old 9th September 2006, 16:59   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
That's a fair opinion, and I'm sure we all know how opinionated you are. But the truth is that bashing Xenos Dhoom, Soomoku cannot even remotely be compared to bashing DLS, atleast the set in concern.
Well I admit I've been called that before... But, my friend, do you realise that most of the people here are opinionated. Still, I did not indulge in DLS bashing. I have repeatedly said, DLS makes decent speakers. I just think one could do better. That said, I have never implied LBM change his speakers. I have clearly said, he still needs to work on his system.

Quote:
True that Scott certainly didn't purchase a pin that went into his ride. At that level, he ought to be out of his mind to buy stuff. No one does. In fact, even screwball product reviewers get stuff for free. He's a champion atleast. Which brings me to the point that there is something more important for him than just some money. And that's his reputation. This is a small forum, the American and International car audio competiton community is a zillion times larger. And it would be putting a lot at stake to use some remotely inferior product and standing to lose his reputation. It has to be top notch. So that doesn't make it the best, but yeah, it's right up there. When he says "Install, install, install" the idea is that atleast get right what you can. You can't change the product. So that also means, pick the right product anyway. That is not a compromise in product selection.
Umm, OK. If you say so... Its your opinion.

Quote:
Has he heard anything that you regard as an 'upto the mark' project? After listening to it, did he say that he likes it and would love to replicate that in his car? If not, he surely thinks that the sound he wants and appreciates greatly differs your perception of the same. I would say there's a good chance of that. You must admit that people's perceptions of SQ (not as that defined by an audiophile's rulebook) do greatly differ. As a true audiophile and an SQ (as that defined by an audiophile's rulebook) enthusiast, you shouldn't even be listening to poorly pressed cds, or rap music or some psy trance releease that a 13 year old kid put together on the moon (well, atleast that's where he thought he was when actually he was right in his bedroom tripped on Acid), let alone compressed formats, Indian and other so-called sub-standardly pressed music, and radio! I'm sure LBM thinks Mozart is the other mutt from the Beethoven movie, and Rebecca Pidgeon is the latest culinary delight in China. (No I don't LBM, god promise.. Gunbir does. And I won't eat you also.) In which case, do you think you can help him?
In your opinion...

Quote:
P.S. Before I forget, let me mention. That DLS for 25k whatever is not a deal-steal. It's freakin freeeeeee!
Again, this is your opinion.
Old 9th September 2006, 17:05   #659
Senior - BHPian

B&T I am a little quiet on this topic and remain quite....i am a small time DIYer. I buy what I think is right and ........I cannot be compared with the big shots here.....they are always right .....this has been since the day I have joined tbhp and also till this day also...so I now I avoid getting in this type of discussions......so that I do not get banned again.......

Mods edit the above if u find any thing wrong.......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th September 2006 at 17:07.
Old 9th September 2006, 17:15   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangy!!! Where else???
Dont know if its cheaper here than cochin...

Kb chetta... ask Mclaren or psycho to check with autofusion guys for products and pricing.

Alternatively EBbass will have this sort of stuff... and probably top gear also, as I have seen installs from these 2 places with neon wiring + the plexiglass amp shielding that you mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks