Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:18   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
The most important question of all what does the phrase "Sound Quality" means to u all people and experts here in the forum ????????????

Please people comment on the same.......
to me,its the quality of sound....ofcourse VLBM.

To me SPL can be achieved with packing of ur car with whatever is available i markeet but to achieve,u just need right equipment at right place. By place,i dont just mean car but the owner of car too who needs to have good ears and the stuff in between.

for example have a look at navin's ICE.
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:23   #557
Senior - BHPian

ok one more thing leave aside the ice in the car what do u relate to SQ. leave the spl for the movement. what is SQ??????
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:30   #558
BHPian

SQ..to me..>>
Is the music sounding like the composers/writers/music directors intended it for it to sound?? .. Nuthign more nuthing less.. The ICE vendors job shoudl be to get as close to that goal as possible... of course the CD vendor should also have that target in mind...
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:35   #559
BHPian

if to achieve the music directors objective...it could take 10 subs or it could not need one at all... so the ICE selection greatly depnds on what type of music you hear....
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:37   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
if to achieve the music directors objective...it could take 10 subs or it could not need one at all... so the ICE selection greatly depnds on what type of music you hear....
this is the most sensible answer till now.....can u add a little bit to this sk
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:42   #561
BHPian

So.... adding unneccasary equipment..... could very well be a overkill....i.e you might not need to add a third or a fourth sub ....jsut because your neighbour has one....or your car shakes more....
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:42   #562
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and gentlemen, (that should be gentlemen only, in our case)

Presenting 'Walk the Talk' with LBM and SK!
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:49   #563
BANNED

For me SQ means SPL too!!!
What will I do LBM??

SQ is to get whatever the composer composed in the way he meant! And if I can mod some settings once in a while to shake my backside, then I'd be happy for SPL too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Ladies and gentlemen, (that should be gentlemen only, in our case)
I think we need a solution for this. Can anybody do something to get those creatures into our forum? They sure will be like masala added to Salsa!!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:52   #564
BHPian

Oh no.... !!!! i dotn do any walk shalks.. ... im jsut an occasional contributor to teh forum.... i really dont know much abt ICE.....

Last edited by sk456 : 23rd August 2006 at 18:53.
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:01   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I think we need a solution for this. Can anybody do something to get those creatures into our forum? They sure will be like masala added to Salsa!!!
Hmmm I think the best expert for this would be Sam! Say Sam any tips for us mere mortals from your (literally) highness!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:38   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
SQ..to me..>>
Is the music sounding like the composers/writers/music directors intended it for it to sound?? .. Nuthign more nuthing less.. The ICE vendors job shoudl be to get as close to that goal as possible... of course the CD vendor should also have that target in mind...
i agree too,V_L_B_M.....just joking LBM

I still remeber 12-13yrs back one of my batch-mate [he was 6'5"] saying very casually that music industry [thats include artists,recording engineers,spk/subw mnfcur and many others] that they r trying to achieve the same SQ [or same sound in simple words]in audio system as in live performances.

I would rate that that words as best i have ever heard/read.
But unfortunately they haven't come close even in home audio systems,leave alone car audio systems which has many limitations.
Old 24th August 2006, 13:37   #567
Senior - BHPian

I think everyone wants to enjoy his music, rather than burst his ear drums. right amount of bass & right amount of treble on a good set of speakers can only complement the excellent music that we listen, right guys ????

Last edited by esteem_lover : 24th August 2006 at 13:39.
Old 24th August 2006, 14:27   #568
Senior - BHPian

only bass and treble what about the vocals or we can say mids......
Old 24th August 2006, 14:46   #569
Team-BHP Support

when buying a subwoofer

a) consider the space you can devote to it.
b) consider your budget
c) consider the install

then choose the right driver/box etc...

if not you will forever be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I have 4 semi custom 12' woofers at home. It was a step down from 2 18" JBL 2245 woofers.

The 12" woofers offered great bass but did not integrate well with my 8" midbasses so i had to get different 7" midbasses; the 7" midbasses were too articulate for my exsting tweeter so i had to get a tweeter that could match the 7" midbasses. So see a woofer is only part of the system. I for one prefer a sonud that is neutral, laid back and something I can listen to without fatigue for hours. In my single days I had listening sessions that exceeded 14 hours per day. A system that is "exciting" can get fatiguing very easily.
Old 24th August 2006, 14:49   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
In my single days I had listening sessions that exceeded 14 hours per day. A system that is "exciting" can get fatiguing very easily.
this is some thing related to sq. If the sound is good then the person listing to the sound will not get fatigue......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks