Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 23:41   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Sir, how'bout getting one of those LRX amps to power your speakers and let the Tru power the subs in 2 channel mode?
zak!!! pls!!!

yah why not kb? (why dnt you download taht pdf gunbir uploaded? Must see !)

maybe somethuing like this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/287819-post79.html

Last edited by jkdas : 6th September 2006 at 23:44.
Old 6th September 2006, 23:42   #617
Senior - BHPian

DONT YOU!!>.. am sorely tempted to begin with!!

Good news is the install will be on the 24th&25th of Sept @ Bangy!

Last edited by kb100 : 6th September 2006 at 23:44.
Old 7th September 2006, 16:49   #618
BHPian

oh...good news Kb.
and my advance congrates and good wishes to u as well.
and yeah....do consider zak's fine piece of advice....................
Old 7th September 2006, 21:29   #619
Senior - BHPian

what abt rear speakers?
Old 8th September 2006, 00:07   #620
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking of doing the Hertz coax's... or if wife permits none at all!
Old 8th September 2006, 10:32   #621
Senior - BHPian

location locations KB sirjee where have you decided to put the front 3-way ....and what are the plans active or right now passive will do.....
Old 8th September 2006, 11:34   #622
BANNED

SIR!!!! LBM has spoken!!!

I would recommend Hertz co-axials for the rear. As it will blend easily with the front 3ways.
Old 8th September 2006, 12:10   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SIR!!!! LBM has spoken!!!

I would recommend Hertz co-axials for the rear. As it will blend easily with the front 3ways.
Arrey who needs rear fill. Accha tell me, in cars that have only rear speakers, isnt 99.9% of janta satisfied with the sound coming from the rear. Then why cant the rear passengers be satisfied with sound from the front stage.

Zak, agreed on the additional amp thing. I would suggest KB look at the Audison LRx2.500 amp, puts out 200w x2 @4ohms. This he can use for his front stage, giving the right power to the 3ways. Then his Tru T03 can be used bridged to give his subs more than 500w x2.

This will ROCK KB's DB.

Last edited by gunbir : 8th September 2006 at 12:12.
Old 8th September 2006, 12:20   #624
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Arrey who needs rear fill. Accha tell me, in cars that have only rear speakers, isnt 99.9% of janta satisfied with the sound coming from the rear. Then why cant the rear passengers be satisfied with sound from the front stage.
Even in a small car like my ALTO, I've tried switching the rear off. But, then the overall soundstage loses something. I dunno what goes out, But something is missing that way. So, I'd suggest having some type of rear fill. Yes, it's supposed to fill the gap between the front and the subs and nothing more.

I think KB should get an audison 4channel amp rather than a 2channel amp. The audison can power the speakers and the TRU amp can power the Subs in 2channel mode.
Old 8th September 2006, 12:20   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accha tell me, in cars that have only rear speakers, isnt 99.9% of janta satisfied with the sound coming from the rear. Then why cant the rear passengers be satisfied with sound from the front stage..
I had some crappy sony or pioneer 4" co-axials in the front pods for a few weeks and I gave them to a friend because it was causing more anguish than entertainment.

(Usually drive alone), Iv managed with rear 6x9's fed by the 502 for more than a year now. Its not optimal, but it served my purpose and budget for this long.

Dont know about the reverse though many suggest it. (front +sub, no rear)

Of course I know this has no connection with KB's db...lol!

Last edited by s0uljah : 8th September 2006 at 12:22.
Old 8th September 2006, 12:43   #626
Senior - BHPian

LBM... Am mulling over the locations man.. leaving it to Gunbir.. they are the experts!!

Wanted to put up snaps... But cant take it home to shoot - wife is around - and cant shoot in office - Boss is around!! - Sure looks like I am having an Extramarital affair with ICE!!.. lol

But telling you ... the Woofer - the HSK 165L looks awesome!!... ... the paper cone with cotton fibres looks really delicious!

Cant wait to get them singing... Forums all over are slowly taking about the Hertz range of speakers.. They are slowly being spoken about as "Gaint Killers" for giving awesome performance at half the price as some of the more popular but expensive components. I had an opportunity to hear the ESK's in another T-Bhp forummers car and personaly felt that they were leagues ahead of similarly priced components that I had heard !

I was also leaning the DLS Iridium way - LBM had very nice things to say about it.. and we found a sounce with a killer price in Dubai .... but I have been challenged that these will beat the pants off the Iridiums!.. so I am really looking forward to that contest! -

PS: No disrespect to anyone or any brand - all I want is best possible bang for my buck!
Old 8th September 2006, 12:54   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even in a small car like my ALTO, I've tried switching the rear off. But, then the overall soundstage loses something. I dunno what goes out, But something is missing that way. So, I'd suggest having some type of rear fill. Yes, it's supposed to fill the gap between the front and the subs and nothing more.
the rear fill is important if required like in a 5.1 setup . right now i have both the front and rear but I hardly run the rear channel as it distrub the whole sound. when the front are running only then if feels like the sound is coming from the front but when the rear and front both are running the sound like it is coming for the sides . this make the sound bad I dont like it ......planning to remove the rear one and put some good midbass there to improve the sound when the sub is not running and to fullfil the bass effect the midbass will help.....

for KB sir do put some speakers coax or componets and u can drive them from the sony amp which u have (install the amp so that nobody can see it) to drive the rear one I know once in a while u would be needing them.....
Old 8th September 2006, 13:00   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I was also leaning the DLS Iridium way - LBM had very nice things to say about it.. and we found a sounce with a killer price in Dubai .... but I have been challenged that these will beat the pants off the Iridiums!.. so I am really looking forward to that contest!
would surely intersted in that.......
Old 8th September 2006, 13:23   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Arrey who needs rear fill. Accha tell me, in cars that have only rear speakers, isnt 99.9% of janta satisfied with the sound coming from the rear. Then why cant the rear passengers be satisfied with sound from the front stage..
It is bad enough that most front speakers are in doors. This means that the speakers are firing at the front passengers/driver knees. Now the rear passenger will get very little sound. Obviously if one was making new door panels and moving the speaker (atleast the mids and tweeter) further up one can totally eliminate the rear speakers otherwise it is nice to have them only so that the rear passengers get some semblance of balanced sound where they sit.

I dont like the sound of rear speakers since the soundstage is odd so in my case I use a pair of headphones in the rear and only use the speakers when I am driving.
Old 8th September 2006, 15:37   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
It is bad enough that most front speakers are in doors. This means that the speakers are firing at the front passengers/driver knees. Now the rear passenger will get very little sound. Obviously if one was making new door panels and moving the speaker (atleast the mids and tweeter) further up one can totally eliminate the rear speakers otherwise it is nice to have them only so that the rear passengers get some semblance of balanced sound where they sit.

I dont like the sound of rear speakers since the soundstage is odd so in my case I use a pair of headphones in the rear and only use the speakers when I am driving.
Yes, the mids and highs will be on a higher level, and it will give the rear listeners a decent soundstage.

I agree about the headphones at the rear, for an audiophile, I think they are a great idea for the rear.

KB, LBM.. lets not get into comparisons. LBM is satisfied with his cars sound and thats whats important, not what I or others think. As for KB, after hours of understanding his listening tastes, we have a fair idea of what he wants. And we will deliver... So since HE will be satisfied with his sound... thats that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks