Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2006, 16:05   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
when buying a subwoofer

a) consider the space you can devote to it.
b) consider your budget
c) consider the install

then choose the right driver/box etc...

if not you will forever be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I have 4 semi custom 12' woofers at home. It was a step down from 2 18" JBL 2245 woofers.

The 12" woofers offered great bass but did not integrate well with my 8" midbasses so i had to get different 7" midbasses; the 7" midbasses were too articulate for my exsting tweeter so i had to get a tweeter that could match the 7" midbasses. So see a woofer is only part of the system.
Quote:
I for one prefer a sonud that is neutral, laid back and something I can listen to without fatigue for hours.
In my single days I had listening sessions that exceeded 14 hours per day. A system that is "exciting" can get fatiguing very easily.
point well made, navin. if the music is too rich, i cant listen to it for a long time or i start searching for those pumping music among my cds & tend to play them more often just to enjoy the sound. and these can be really tiring stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
this is some thing related to sq. If the sound is good then the person listing to the sound will not get fatigue......
What is SQ ? how do we define it ??

i beleive SQ or SPL or whatever cannot be more important than the S in these abbreviations, which is the music itself. the music, IMHO, is far more important than the effects that sometimes we become obssessed with (including myself). what do u say ?
Old 24th August 2006, 20:26   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM
ok one more thing leave aside the ice in the car what do u relate to SQ. leave the spl for the movement. what is SQ??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM
this is some thing related to sq. If the sound is good then the person listing to the sound will not get fatigue......
So now u got the answer !!
Old 24th August 2006, 22:19   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
So now u got the answer !!
this is a part of the ans I wanting to know.......

may be the experts are not interested on this topic anyways.....
Old 25th August 2006, 00:27   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I love this topic, I just aint posting because I aint an expert!?!
Old 25th August 2006, 00:36   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are interested... but I think the reason I havent been answering this is... I dont know how to. I think the answer would be like the "Love is..." series. It cant be defined in one sentence. Its an experience, a quest that originates from love of music.

For a true music lover, SQ means that feeling that one gets when you forget about the car, the audio, the world and just get lost in the music.

In short, if one needs to ask what SQ is, then your quest for SQ has only just begun...
Old 25th August 2006, 07:02   #576
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir

For a true music lover, SQ means that feeling that one gets when you forget about the car, the audio, the world and just get lost in the music.

In short, if one needs to ask what SQ is, then your quest for SQ has only just begun...

Well said!! Kudos Phaaji! That explains a lot.
Old 25th August 2006, 10:55   #577
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I just aint posting because I aint an expert!?!
neither am I. I used to be part of the 3 stooges (with Sam and B&T) but since Elf had decided to join ICE even that title has been taken away. Now I just a Mod. oh well. Such is life.

I dreamed about the day i could retire from ICE (and audio in general) and now it seems I have withdrawal symptoms.
Old 25th August 2006, 13:49   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey I am just a simple fellow. A horny one-track-minded fellow who loves his job that's all.

Baaki to me, sq is just another abbreviation. When some install claims to be sq, i understand we're talking flat response, low-fatigue, clean sound. No exaggerated treble, not pumped up unnatural bass. Some people call that sq. Nobody says it needs to be softly played. It can be loud too.
When it's spl, i know it's a guy that likes to get super-duper loud and likes to shake his whole car, being and hearing around, and he does not want a flat-response, low-fatigue system. It's like a monster truck, you don't need to talk drivability and long-term results. You put it on and CRUSH the mother.

*Shrug* usme debate ka kya hai?
Old 25th August 2006, 17:25   #579
BANNED

Quote:

LBM, who all are real experts when it comes to SQ in this forum?
I assume experts (meant by you) are Navin, Sam, Gunbir, JB, B&T, etc..

And I think this SQ thingy was long discussed and maybe couple a times.

And Sam (in his last post) has given some good words and Gunbir etc has also explained it. Does it solve your mystery or are you still confused?

BTW, KB's P80RS is waiting to be fitted in and so is the TRU amp (A.K.A 1Lac amp). And what's happening with the rest of the setup KB? Hope you've got the 3way components too!

Last edited by speedzak : 25th August 2006 at 17:28.
Old 26th August 2006, 22:18   #580
Senior - BHPian

Bloody good!.... The P80 is landing into my waiting arms (totally filmy) by noon tomorrow... cant wait!!.... Will put up snaps!!!! ....

The rest of the install hopefully in the first week of Sept.... some snaps coming up in the meantime of the journey so far....

Hmmmmmmm... BOY weekends sure are dull in the ICE section with the guru's chasing SPL and SQ of a different kind!!!

ALL THE BEST B&T ... lets hope you have a smacking one ... one way or the other!! ...lol

Last edited by kb100 : 26th August 2006 at 22:24.
Old 26th August 2006, 23:48   #581
Senior - BHPian

OKAY Gurus...

Final config time...

I have ...

- One P80 RS HU
- One True Tech T03 Amp
- One PA 275 Amp
- One Sony 222 amp ;-)
- TWO iDQ 10 " subs in a sealed box

I have decided to have rear fill for the times the rear is filled! Now this, going by advice here, will be the same make & line as the Front Components...

Now coming to the Front Stage... I am Vaccilating between a two way and a three way... dare say I am leaning towards the three way.....

I like upfront-in your chest-kicks like a mule-tight bass .. DO you think I should go in for a setup with a 6.5" midbass or an 8" midbass (overkill??) - please bear in mind that I have two iDQ10's riding in a sealed box in the boot being fed some serious juice!

Last edited by kb100 : 26th August 2006 at 23:49.
Old 27th August 2006, 00:04   #582
BANNED

What SONY? where SONY?
what the hell is this SONy of da.... doing in your setup?

So, tomorrow will be a hell in Coimbatore with an accent running around like a crazy thing and with a HU raised and waving outside the windows!!! And for some spice we can have some strippers dancing in the back seats too.
What say KB100000???
Old 27th August 2006, 00:26   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Now coming to the Front Stage... I am Vaccilating between a two way and a three way... dare say I am leaning towards the three way.....

DO you think I should go in for a setup with a 6.5" midbass or an 8" midbass (overkill??)
congrats kb on your new HU......

now we are eagerly waiting for the pics......

now we want a 3-way setup after so much waiting and so much furstration we must have a 3-way front setup. In the firstgo go for a passive setup which can be made active later........

a 6.5 will do a fine job if installed in a good manner like good damping is done a good driver is used.....Like iriduim.......
Old 27th August 2006, 00:45   #584
BANNED

I'll say...... like iridiums, hertz etc..
If you've got dough to burn on Iridiums, then I would definitely suggest you to hear the MILLE range from Hertz as their reviews are overwhelming thruout the world. Hertz is not just pretty gud speakers but 'an experience' from what I have heard so far.
Old 27th August 2006, 00:59   #585
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to ask some thing about the mille series which I found to bit different than any usual 3-way speaker set.....It might be the stongest point of the mille series also.......

right now I dont have the specs will be posting it soon as possible ........after the meat.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks