Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2005, 10:28   #16
Team-BHP Support

I wuld really like to see a ipod that has SD. then you can have multiple SD cards and switch compilations.
Old 17th September 2005, 15:38   #17
BANNED

guys, I just got the ipod mini as a gift and its teh one with the the 6GB capacity !! Im not much of a music freak but as I have it I wud like 2 connect it to my car stereo which 2 is not real fancy . This friend has a itrip which i believe allows u 2 connect to the systems tadio stations ... pls advice on this ...

cheers
Old 17th September 2005, 15:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi khaadu,

You will find many such posts, but here's your answer. First, congratulations on your i-pod mini6GB. Double congratulations on having a friend who bought you one. If it's a she then toh triple congratulations.
The FM modulator is the easiest way to connect any source to your HU. It sounds fairly decent, but it also depends on the quality of your entire system.
It basically creates a little short range FM transmission, (often on the frequency of your choice) and you pick it up with your tuner.
Dont expect it to sound like a CD. It will sound a little better than FM on a good day. But it's fun and convenient.
There are other ways too, like using an auxilliary cable (a better option) but your HU has to have the facility. Do a search you will find some nice answers to your query.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2005, 16:28   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hi khaadu,

You will find many such posts, but here's your answer. First, congratulations on your i-pod mini6GB. Double congratulations on having a friend who bought you one. If it's a she then toh triple congratulations.
The FM modulator is the easiest way to connect any source to your HU. It sounds fairly decent, but it also depends on the quality of your entire system.
It basically creates a little short range FM transmission, (often on the frequency of your choice) and you pick it up with your tuner.
Dont expect it to sound like a CD. It will sound a little better than FM on a good day. But it's fun and convenient.
There are other ways too, like using an auxilliary cable (a better option) but your HU has to have the facility. Do a search you will find some nice answers to your query.

Cheers
Thanx Sam, the thing is that I dont think my system has the aux cable facility as its a very simple HU . Also I want clarity not to the 100% but hopefully better than the radio stations. Also is it a simple procedure tuning the two or do I need 2 b a rocket scientist ?? I was looking to change my HU 2 a mp3 player so i wudnt have 2 lug cassettes in my car but it seems the mini has solved that as 1500 songs will take me about a year 2 go thru as I hardly listen to music on the go ... specially with the free flow sound the way it is ...

cheers

PS - Im getting it for Rs 2100 .. is that a decent price for the itrip ??? i have 2 pay this eve so pls advice ...

Last edited by khaadu75 : 17th September 2005 at 16:29.
Old 17th September 2005, 16:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

2100 is ok. And no baba, it's really easy to connect and use. Go for it
Old 18th September 2005, 02:18   #21
Team-BHP Support

the itrip is quite easy. it is set yo 87.9 by default but you can change it to any clean channel on your HU. I found that on my HU 88.5 is cleaner.

follow the instructions they provide and it is easy. but read the instructions carefully. PM me if you really get stuck.
Old 18th September 2005, 12:37   #22
BHPian

My friend bought an Griffin I-trip for 1850 from Pyramids in Pune 5 days ago... So i guess you should be looking at the same price range ...
Cheers
Old 18th September 2005, 17:58   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I-Pod Nano

I saw it, handled it and went mad!

I feel so stupid that I bought a 4Gb mini 3 months ago. Guys, whatever you think it looks like, it looks better than that.

What I saw was wiothout B&W, they have a black 2Gb for 11k and a white 4Gb for 13k. I dont know what the 6Gb costs.it looks totally wild. and it's bloody chota man. Like a 5 star hotel ka matchbox that we rob when we stay with them, so everyone will know we stayed there.
I simply cannot believe this thing, looks like the i-pod classic, (white upfront, chrome back) but wow. Like super wow.

I'm thinking of giving the mini to the girlfriend and buying one for myself. (Evil muhahahaha: what do girls know anyways)

They've obviously discontinued the mini. And this is out before christmas and diwali.

For those men who dont have a girlfriend/wife and need something good looking, cute and nice sounding and you can shut when you want to, time to shout a big hallelujah. You dont need her anymore.

For those married, time to buy her a new gift suckers!!!

All previous accessories for the mini and classic still work on this i-pod (including chargers, i-trips etc)
New external change is a new Nokia Charger style port. (So you dont need to charge it using the computer i guess)
Stupid thing is that the charger is sold seperately. AND there are no cases and armbands etc etc YET.

And Trust me boys , you see this i-pod you'll need a penis-band to curb the instant happiness you will feel.

So, I hope you enjoyed my first look at the nano.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 18th September 2005 at 18:00.
Old 18th September 2005, 21:37   #24
F50
Senior - BHPian

iTrip is for 1500. I would recomend to go for Aux Cable rather then itrip. First, quality and secondly the connectivity ... some other members says its bad dont waste money buying that.
And charging is very simple as well ... USB 2.0, charge and transfer songs simultaneously.
Old 18th September 2005, 22:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
For those men who dont have a girlfriend/wife and need something good looking, cute and nice sounding and you can shut when you want to, time to shout a big hallelujah. You dont need her anymore.
.....And Trust me boys , you see this i-pod you'll need a penis-band to curb the instant happiness you will feel..
Down boy! :-) if you are this excited about the Nano wait till the next version is out. word has it that apple has a replacement for the 20-60GB ipod photos that will really blow your nose and mind (ref: Honky Tonk Women).
Old 18th September 2005, 22:25   #26
Team-BHP Support

BTW i find the most convienent spot for a KCA420i based ipod in a car is below the hand brake (in the Opel Sail and Octy).

why becuase the damn thing needs 2 hands to release the ipod and the cable aint long enough to be anywhere else. anyone got other ideas.
Old 18th September 2005, 23:44   #27
BHPian

@gordon: the reason the nano is available in 2 & 4 gig version only is because it uses flash memory which ends up being much more expensive "per MB" than a miniature hard disk.
if apple introduced a 20 gig nano it will cost way upwards than $500.
@navin -- ji : if apple introduced one with SD cards then those good guys will loose the entire market...its easier said than done carrying 20+ SD cards in ur pocket...btw what apple can or should do is provide an additional SD card slot to its existing range to make it hot-swap and through which we can also copy the songs to the hard drive.

@sam bhai: if this is the kinda response that is generated after holding a nano....i better not take my girl-friend along to buy it....u know how these girls are so passive abt gadgets....might think its some other kinda toy.......might even take it away from me for a night or two...:lol

@navin -- ji : seriously, apple is thinking abt an overhaul to its exiting >20G versions...and insiders are claiming the next POD will come with bluetooth...how amazing is that?

the kind of response and popularity the iPOD has here forces me to think abt buying one of these bad boys....but then i see that Sony CLIE lying on my table....and i think to myself...
MAKE A DONATION TO THE SKODA RS FUND.
Old 19th September 2005, 10:35   #28
Team-BHP Support

yup i feel your pain, my table is now littered with 3 palm pilots (over 10 years). my cell phone made all but the T3 redundant and even then the T3 is only usefull if I travel.

i am sure the ipod60-photo will be redundant soon. but thanks to it's rather large storage I can fit abotu 7500-8000 songs on it. Mate that with an Altex Lansing IM7 and you got an incredible boombox. I dont miss a tuner as there is not much on the radio that i listen too anymore. I dont miss a CD player becuase it got almost my whole CD collection on it.

as usual i got a road map for my use. get used to the ipod at home and in car. add more 60-photos as demand requires (my wife might want her own and then we might add a 3rd for the IM7 so we dont have to shuffle the ipods).

by then I can see a 10GB nano like machine about the weight of the shuffle becoming available. with Hitachi, Kyocera et. al working on it a 10GB flash memory is maybe 2 yeaars away. As long as MLC technology is devleoped the possiblities are there. MLC is for Multi Layer Ceramic and using MLC one can have much higher densities as ceramic can operate at much higher temps than Si. MLC however is expensive.
Old 19th September 2005, 13:31   #29
BANNED

Thanx Sam , did get the itrip last evening and paid Rs 2100 for it and it works perfectly in the car. Atleast now I can get rid of all the casettes from my car and trust me they were all over ...lol !!! It is pre tuned at 87.9 like some one mentioned , and as far as the quality goes -- for my ears its as clear as perfect .. me not being much of a music buff !!

cheers
Old 19th September 2005, 14:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

You're very welcome khaadu. Enjoy your music!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks