Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2005, 18:22   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
hey guys.
my dad just got me a nano.Its cool!!!.......black in colour with the tiny lcd.....the sound rocks.It is the 2 gb one and cost about 9k...will post pics soon.
im enjoyin!!!
binz
Congratulations binz. Enjoy.
Old 24th October 2005, 19:23   #92
Team-BHP Support

yeah and tomorrow they will have a pico! damn apple and nikon and all these gizmo makers.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:57   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000707060748/

Check it out Navin
Old 25th October 2005, 13:00   #94
Team-BHP Support

I know. I am hoping soon they will merge my PDA into my Ipod with a 80GB hard disk and a 4GB SD flash card.
Old 26th October 2005, 01:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have said this a few posts before on this said thread. A phone,PDa,Music device in one is already available.

btw the ipod motorola phone is a failure. MOtrola has accepted this too.

here is the link.

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=38857

apple has already decalared plans of the ipod phone by the end of 2007 with apple os.
Old 26th October 2005, 04:16   #96
BANNED

Has anyone seen any issues with windows iTunes installation on XP professional?

I just got a video iPod, and I cannot install iTunes to buy some nice videos. XP crashes everytime I try installing.
-Prasadee
Old 26th October 2005, 09:05   #97
Team-BHP Support

iTunes has no porblems with XP or 2000 but wont install on 98. Since you got XP Pro you should nothave any issues. the Itunes store cannot be accessed from India so you cant buy videos from India but you can from San Diego.
Old 28th October 2005, 05:15   #98
BANNED

Thanks. I finally installed the iTunes that comes on the CD with the iPod, instead of the latest from their website. It works like a charm.

The iPod has gotten even smaller, 30GB, the screen is great! its like holding a plasma tv in your hands. The first video I bought is my old Michael Jackson favourite- Black or White. My gigantic music collection has a new home now.

I got it customized with my kids names on the back, so my wife considers it money well spent, and would not disagree with her this time.
-Prasadee
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:51   #99
BHPian

ipod is amazing i have to say

i just got the ipod 60gb recently before 2 weeks back and its damn good listning 15,000 tracks in car i got the collection of 120gb songs so its damn cool man i love my ipod
Old 3rd November 2005, 02:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

just checked out a music player for sandisk.

its better than the ipod in a way that it has an expandable memory card slot.

quality should be good I guess and sandisk is related to sony.
Old 25th November 2005, 21:28   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
.Electronics firm Apple has admitted there have been problems with its new iPod Nano music player, after a string of complaints about damaged screens.

The smaller version of the popular iPod was hailed as a design breakthrough when it was unveiled a few weeks ago, with the cheapest model costing £140.

Apple says a manufacturing problem has left screens on one batch vulnerable to cracks and is offering replacements.

It says the problem affects fewer than a tenth of 1% of all Nanos shipped.

However, it denies claims the Nanos are more prone to scratching than other models.

Owners have been complaining about cracked, scratched or inexplicably failing screens, sometimes within hours of buying the machine.

Customer anger

A website set up by Nano owner Matthew Peterson to collate complaints with a view to forcing Apple to address the issue received 30 e-mails per hour.

He closed down the site after Apple acknowledged there was a problem with some Nano screens, posting a message entitled "Apple does the right thing".

At the launch of the Nano at the start of September, Apple chief executive Steve Jobs introduced the "impossibly small" gadget - which is the thickness of five credit cards - by pulling the device out of his pocket.

But others have found carrying the device in this manner has resulted in inexplicable damage to the music player, which Apple's UK website sells for £140 for a model which can store up to 500 songs and £180 for one which stores 1,000.

One fifteen-year old, who had saved up to buy his Nano, found the machine suffered a cracked screen within three hours of buying it.

"I pulled my iPod out and my heart dropped. The LCD was half destroyed, but there is no visible scratch or mark on the outside of the iPod," he wrote.

Another irate customer said: "If I had done something to damage my iPod I wouldn't be as angry as I am because it would be my fault. But I haven't done anything," he wrote.

Mr Peterson, a financial consultant and loyal Apple fan, described how his Nano was damaged.

Too fragile

iPod Nano
Steve Jobs launched the "impossibly small" new music player

"My Nano broke on day four. The screen that is. It shattered. It was in my pocket as I was walking and I sat down. No, I didn't sit on it, it was just in my pocket just as all iPods before it have done," he said.

He said the Nano was too fragile and should be recalled and improved.

iPod repair company iPod ResQ announced a temporary price increase on its iPod Nano screen replacement service due to what it describes as "overwhelming demand".

Apple says the problem with screens on some Nanos is quality issue rather than a design fault and is offering to replace the machines affected.

But a spokeswoman told BBC News Website the new machines were not more prone to scratching than other models.

She said: "The iPod Nano is made from the same high quality polycarbonate plastic as the very popular fourth generation iPod.

"If customers are concerned about scratching we suggest they use one of the many iPod Nano cases becoming available."

UK gadget magazine Stuff told the BBC News website it had had no reader complaints about the Nano.

Managing editor Adam Vaughan said his experience of the player was that it was "not as fragile as it looked". It had withstood considerable wear and tear, including being dropped.

"Like any gadget, it has got a bit scratched but that's about it," he said.
ALL this happened to me...

take a look:

the good news is that the apple guys are offering a full replacement
free of cost coz its under warranty.It broke in my brother's pocket and the screen said ''damage done'' pretty cool...and the best part is...it still works.
regards,

binz

edit
its the 100th post of the ipod thread

Last edited by binz : 25th November 2005 at 21:32.
Old 26th November 2005, 00:34   #102
Senior - BHPian

thank god for warranty......
Old 12th April 2006, 02:34   #103
BHPian

apple gives lifetime warranty on the ipod's right?
Old 12th April 2006, 08:32   #104
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
apple gives lifetime warranty on the ipod's right?
No,
Apple Computer, Inc. ("Apple") warrants the iPod and iSight product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase ("Warranty Period").

Edit : How much will a Blue 4GB ipod in mint condn. will fetch ?

Last edited by F50 : 12th April 2006 at 08:34.
Old 12th April 2006, 11:56   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Edit : How much will a Blue 4GB ipod in mint condn. will fetch ?
Rs. 3000. Our Multimedia dept uses the for demos. PM me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks