Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2005, 11:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

i CERTAINLY AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO 7000 IN even a month. i HAD A SIEMENS SX1(THE BEST phone SIEMENS EVER MADE) WITH A 128MB CARD. Plus it had a radio. I changed the songs every week and it was fine with me. Now why would I buy an ipod that stores some thousands which I am not going to listen to for a long time.

the new mobile phones take upto 4gb of cards btw and the last time I bought a 1gb card it cost me 2300 bucks which is cheap. It takes upto 180-200 songs which is enough for me for the whole month.
Old 21st September 2005, 11:47   #47
Team-BHP Support

my reasons:

put an ipod in your car and you dont have to rip CDs ever. you got your whole collection.

put an ipod with an IM7 (from Altec Lanscing) or Bose's Sound dock like device in your vacation home and you got all your music there as well.

keep an ipod in your office with an altec lansing IM3 and you got good music (at very low levels) to work to.

carry an ipod with it's dock and a mini - RCA jack and you can walk into any party with your whole CD collection.

use an iTrip with your ipod and U can listen to your CDs on any boombox and even change songs from where you are sitting just use your ipod like a remote control.

The CD eliminated my need to walk to the stereo and change album sides, the ipod will eliminate my need to turn on the stereo unless I get the time to listen to music critically, alone and in peace (looks like never).
Old 21st September 2005, 21:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

and what can a mobile phone not do from the above?? I had a se p900 and it can do all of the above.

The thing here is what preferences you have. Ipod is still selling great because people want a seperate music player. but people also buy music phones like the w800i that is a sold out model right now.

depends on what you need.
Old 21st September 2005, 23:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
i CERTAINLY AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO 7000 IN even a month. i HAD A SIEMENS SX1(THE BEST phone SIEMENS EVER MADE) WITH A 128MB CARD. Plus it had a radio. I changed the songs every week and it was fine with me. Now why would I buy an ipod that stores some thousands which I am not going to listen to for a long time.

the new mobile phones take upto 4gb of cards btw and the last time I bought a 1gb card it cost me 2300 bucks which is cheap. It takes upto 180-200 songs which is enough for me for the whole month.
Wow... someone who shares my taste..... I had a Siemens SX1 too, and boy, did I cherish it..... It was [and still is, i suppose] an excellent phone.... I only HAD to give it away to get my SE S700i..... but am way too happy with my S700i..... But geeez, can one ever be satisfied with these wonderful lovely utilities..... That W800i has been bothering me ever since I saw my colleague have it.....
Old 22nd September 2005, 00:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

siemens sx1 was a good phone but half the people wont even know about it just because siemens was bad at marketing(the main reason they are sold to benq today)

It offered more features than a nokia 6600 at a lesser price

its music player though with a bug was an excellent one.

just for the information .there is a company names alienware that makes custom computers. They have just released some mp3 players which look good but are expensive.
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:17   #51
BHPian

@navin: sony's prop MS standard was one very compelling reason for a lot of people from choosing a sony product. but since most of my stuff is Sony and is MS compatible too, i never faced any problem. besides the looks of the UX50 Clie drooled me enought to make me go for it blindfolded. i understand its screen is a lil small, but considering its overall size its perfect. i just hope they had given a GSM/GPRS antenna instead of that 802.11b/g they gave in it. would have made it a perfect companion.
the sheer utility of the iPod u just mentioned in post #47 is the sole reason my heart is pumping for the ipod. but i def think if i am gonna go for one, it surely will be the 60gig Photo coz the smaller models are way to cramped[in space] to spend 300 bucks on. btw which one do u have?

@devarshi: what you are talking abt is an all-in-one solution. it is good no doubt but it has many flaws. i had the se p900 with me for a very long time. but it had uncountable flaws in it:
for one, it was limited to 128 MB MS Duo use. what amt of data can u hold in that?
the symbian uiq os is not comparable to Palm and Pocket PC.
what u have mentioned abt changing the songs each week. well many of us can do that. but think if u never had to take the pain of doing that. i use a 512 meg MSPRO with my Clie and its like forever that i am scared of connecting it to my PC and syncing it and to copy more songs in it which takes a hell of a lot time and pls dont even get me started on how long the se p900 takes... whereas i see my friend just connecting it to PC and the itunes takes care of the rest...its ease of use that counts buddy!
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:59   #52
BHPian

@navin: ur dream has come true. not long since u wished for an mp3 player with an SD/MMC slot. and here it is : the Alienware CE-IV. [thanks for reminding me abt it devarshi ]
man it rocks. it comes with Noise Reduction Ear buds. and a desk hub with a front firing sub.
alienware delivers again.

it just has one flaw: it is not as subtle and modest looking as an iPod but a thing any teenager like me would be so proud to take it outta my pocket every 0.001 secs....:lol
Sam, if u were bowled over by the Nano. take a look at this...would suit you the best. keep it near the eyeballer.
Old 22nd September 2005, 04:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

they even hace speaker dock like the one Ipod has nad it is so beautiful. It looks exactly like an alien spaceship.

the alienwares look expensive though.
Old 22nd September 2005, 04:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

link to the player

http://www.alienware.com/intro_pages...ware_ceiv.aspx

link to the sexy speaker hub

http://www.alienware.com/intro_pages/alienware_hub.aspx

they will be up for sale from october.

alienware also makes some great computer systems.the only problem is that they empty your pockets badly.

hope they price these players proeprly.
Old 22nd September 2005, 12:35   #55
Team-BHP Support

alienware makes lovely laptops but i think their MP3 player is UGLY. It looks like somethign that fell out of a old Star Trek show and even Treckies like me are not so retro. sorry guys. Nano wins on looks.
Old 22nd September 2005, 23:54   #56
BHPian

the kind of a package they are offering with the complete sub dock, it really looks expensive....but alienware do charge a premium for their sexy looks...

@navin: its just a matter of choice...like i said its not as elegant to look at as an iPod but it has its own rugged charm.
Old 23rd September 2005, 09:55   #57
Team-BHP Support

true it is a matter of taste. given the name alien ware i guess they must want to make everything look like it belongs ion a Star Trek set.
Old 23rd September 2005, 11:56   #58
BHPian

To navin and all mp3 enthusiasts:

Check this link: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

mp3gain is an excellent freeware utility to automatically adjusts mp3s so that they all have the same volume.

This helps a lot when you are playing a collection of MP3s complied from different Albums, which then plays every track at different volume level, with Mp3Gain you can apply a constant gain (e.g. 89 db) gain of each track / album , which means you need not reach Volume control when ever a new track begins and palys louder or lower.

MP3Gain uses David Robinson's Replay Gain algorithm to calculate how loud the file actually sounds to a human's ears.

As MP3Gain does not decode and re-encode the mp3 to change its volume, it provides two advantages 1> No loss of quality 2>You can change the volume as many times as you want, and the mp3 will sound just as good (or just as bad!) as it did before you started.

I am using this application since last two months and very happy about its capabilities and performance. Nice interface, help system and it is FREE.

Give it a try.
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:10   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulG
To navin and all mp3 enthusiasts:
Give it a try.
Been there Done that :-)

Actually I use WaveGain 1.2.4

Wavegain is also an application of the Replay Gain algorithims to standard PCM wave files. Where it differs is that the gain adjustments are applied directly to adjusting the scaling of the samples.
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:12   #60
Team-BHP Support

BTW if you guys are intersted in creating an MP3, OGG, AC, WMA, WAV files in one rip use a product called Wack. Google will find it. last version i used was 0.46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks