Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 14:44   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I saw it, handled it and went mad!...And Trust me boys , you see this i-pod you'll need a penis-band to curb the instant happiness you will feel..
My guess is that if it weren't for Hurricane Katrina the Nano would have made the cover of Time.
Old 19th September 2005, 15:31   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder why? The Nano is going to make America spend more money than Katrina.
Old 19th September 2005, 18:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

have a sony Hifi at home, have connected the ipod via the AUX - the only problem being that i dont have a remote to control the ipod as the hifi is quite a distance away !

So what is the solution ? How about this thing ? the only problem is - whether i can get this in India ?

cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 19th September 2005 at 18:59.
Old 19th September 2005, 19:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey... Now we're discussing a home audio issue on a car audio forum.
Well, here a nice solution from Scosche. While the Logitech solution is for $150, this is only for $60.

With the Scosche product, you only have to carry the RF remote, while your ipod sits with your home stereo... downside is, you cant see track information as the ipod may not be near you.

If you do want to see the track info, the logitech product is better.
Old 19th September 2005, 19:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hey... Now we're discussing a home audio issue on a car audio forum.
downside is, you cant see track information as the ipod may not be near you.
If you do want to see the track info, the logitech product is better.
gunbir - its the ipod thread ....not a car audio thread !! hehe

and yeah i would prefer the pod next to me - so where do i get the logitech product ? i dont think its available here !
Old 19th September 2005, 19:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

The Logitech distributor for India is Rashi Peripherals www.rptechindia.com

You could try contacting them...
Old 19th September 2005, 23:21   #37
Team-BHP Support

rashi dont have it. they ahve to order it! besides the Scosche product is cooler looking.
Old 19th September 2005, 23:22   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hey... Now we're discussing a home audio issue on a car audio forum..
we've discussed a lot worse!
Old 20th September 2005, 15:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
yup i feel your pain, my table is now littered with 3 palm pilots (over 10 years). my cell phone made all but the T3 redundant and even then the T3 is only usefull if I travel.

i am sure the ipod60-photo will be redundant soon. but thanks to it's rather large storage I can fit abotu 7500-8000 songs on it. Mate that with an Altex Lansing IM7 and you got an incredible boombox. I dont miss a tuner as there is not much on the radio that i listen too anymore. I dont miss a CD player becuase it got almost my whole CD collection on it.

as usual i got a road map for my use. get used to the ipod at home and in car. add more 60-photos as demand requires (my wife might want her own and then we might add a 3rd for the IM7 so we dont have to shuffle the ipods).

by then I can see a 10GB nano like machine about the weight of the shuffle becoming available. with Hitachi, Kyocera et. al working on it a 10GB flash memory is maybe 2 yeaars away. As long as MLC technology is devleoped the possiblities are there. MLC is for Multi Layer Ceramic and using MLC one can have much higher densities as ceramic can operate at much higher temps than Si. MLC however is expensive.

man....are u connected or what???
the PDAs do sound slightly distorted but the sound is quite acceptable. besides it allows you to do so much more. the one weakness is the storage capacity. only 512 meg MS PRO doesnt quite prove to be an iPOD-killer but still i can already watch Videos on its brilliant LCD screen. mine is the UX series Clie which is quite compact but I have to admit that whenever i see the iPod Photo, I get goosebumps...man its so sexy!

i remember someone saying that there were no skins, wrist-bands available for nano. they have already started appearing on websites....just a week more to get all of these for the nano too....i would highly recommend a Vaja case. best in quality and looks.

Sam, the Nano aint that beautiful to beat Katrina....have you seen her....she is so much sexier....
anyways, there have been reports that nano hasnt proved to be a super-seller for Apple as they'd expected. sales have been slow but everyone is still positve. lets see.
Old 20th September 2005, 18:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Was browsing the Scosche website and I've totally flipped for this product. now where do i get this in India ? Anyone ?
Old 20th September 2005, 18:08   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma
whenever i see the iPod Photo, I get goosebumps...man its so sexy!

Sam, the Nano aint that beautiful to beat Katrina....have you seen her....she is so much sexier....
Will it help you when i tell you that the i-pod nano is also a photo i-pod with a full colour screen? I should think not.

I'll take the nano to Katrina any day. The nano's capacity will never increase, will never get heavier or noisier or moody.

And I can turn the nano off, when i dont feel like listening to it.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th September 2005 at 18:09.
Old 20th September 2005, 20:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I'll take the nano to Katrina any day. The nano's capacity will never increase, will never get heavier or noisier or moody.

And I can turn the nano off, when i dont feel like listening to it.

the last point is a good one...
for keeping the nano u are right....
but actually i was talking about taking the demo for 1 hour or so.
Old 21st September 2005, 10:36   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma
only 512 meg MS PRO doesnt quite prove to be an iPOD-killer but still i can already watch Videos on its brilliant LCD screen. mine is the UX series Clie which is quite compact but I have to admit that whenever i see the iPod Photo, I get goosebumps...man its so sexy!. lets see.
one reason i stayed with Palm over sony is sony's propritery memory stick. i got 4 1GB SD card labeled rock, jazz, blues and classical each stores about 100-150 songs. I plug the one i want is and i have music on my PDA (T3). Altough ever since i got my palm I dont use my T3 as a player much.
Old 21st September 2005, 10:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

a music phone for me personally makes a nice option as I dont like carrying a camera, phone, pda,music player and radio with me. Its better to take a phone dats compact and it makes more sense.

but my friend wants everything to be different.

so its based on personal needs.
Old 21st September 2005, 11:23   #45
Team-BHP Support

most phones can take a 1GB MMC card but that stores only about 70 songs. An ipod can store 7000+.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks