Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 22:48   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
Hello guys,
I got the RCD 330G installed in my 2013 Vento 1.6 TDI HL.
Originally, it came with the RCD 310, so no BT or aux in. Many options were considered for the upgrade (?): Caska, Witson, RCD320, RNS510 etc.
A friend of mine had told me about the pleasant experience he had with one Shalinder (Classic Car, Ramesh Nagar, Delhi) for getting an OE RNS 510 for his Vento.
So I got in touch with him and long story cut short, within 2-3 days, a almost brand new RCD 330G was already on its way to Pune. He was kind enough to include the converter wiring kit that I would need for direct plug-and-play.
Installation took hardly 3-4 minutes at Poona Motors.
The car now feels better equipped, and the HU in itself is pretty good. Limited options wrt Mirrorlink, but there are ways around it. Touchscreen is good, and typing is easy.
Thankfully, my car comes with the OPS module, so the Park Pilot feels nice to have. Will post a video of the same soon.
EDIT: Video https://Youtu.be/VglWXG5IjQ4
The clock when the unit is in standby also looks quite neat.
Overall, a great and much needed upgrade. Its a total DIY if you have the converter wiring harness.
I got all of it for Rs. 15k, which turned out to be the cheapest, yet the best option I had.

That's a sweet deal. I got mine for 10,000 brand new from aliexpress along with quadlock converter (socket needed to upgrade from RCD320) and RVC socket (for reverse camera). Seller is very humble and I got my package within 5 days.

If anybody wants to upgrade then I can share the link. He even has OPS module for 2500.

CHEERS
Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-imageuploadedbyteambhp1471108652.269825.jpg
Old 14th August 2016, 03:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
That's a sweet deal. I got mine for 10,000 brand new from aliexpress along with quadlock converter (socket needed to upgrade from RCD320) and RVC socket (for reverse camera). Seller is very humble and I got my package within 5 days.
can you share the link? I'm looking to upgrade in my rapid(June 2016). Is it easy to install or do we need to contact dealer?
Old 14th August 2016, 12:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
can you share the link? I'm looking to upgrade in my rapid(June 2016). Is it easy to install or do we need to contact dealer?

It's very easy. You just need to buy quadlock connector for that. Talk to sender for the same and he will include it in the package itself. Apart from that you just need a spare ISO connector which is easily available in any local car decor shop. From that spare connector you will need two pins for CAN-BUS wires. Rest is just plug and play. It hardly took 10 minutes to install.

And if you're still confused about it then you can PM me I'll help you on installing it.

Here you go http://s.aliexpress.com/6bqAfIb2
Old 14th August 2016, 12:52   #79
BHPian

Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:

If anybody wants to upgrade then I can share the link. He even has OPS module for 2500.
Yes, Please share the link and seller details.
Old 14th August 2016, 14:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Yes, Please share the link and seller details.

Alright so let's sum it up. Here are the links for all.

RCD 330 G - http://s.aliexpress.com/6bqAfIb2 seller - BDL (8065+2490=10555 rupees)

Quadlock connector - http://s.aliexpress.com/qiym2yEF seller - BDL (562 rupees)

OPS MODULE - http://s.aliexpress.com/JnYBB7JJ seller - VWBASE (2054+462=2116 rupees)
Old 14th August 2016, 14:36   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got mine for 10,000 brand new from aliexpress along with quadlock converter (socket needed to upgrade from RCD320) and RVC socket (for reverse camera). Seller is very humble and I got my package within 5 days.

CHEERS
Attachment 1541400
Hi, The system looks neat! And at 10K it is great VFM!

I have some questions on the HU. I am considering a good HU for my Polo GT TSi (planning to replace the existing Android HU for a better OE look) Please excuse me for the long list

1. You have mentioned about RVC socket. Is the reverse camera signal in the quadlock connector? Have you tried the reverse camera? Do you have picture of the RVC socket?
2. Does this system have mirrorlink and does it work? Have you tried mirroring your phone screen?
3. Does this have inbuilt mic for bluetooth? How is the bluetooth call quality? Is the person at the other end able to hear your voice clearly?
4. Is the touch screen resistive or capacitive?
5. Do all the steering mounted controls work?
Old 14th August 2016, 17:01   #82
BHPian

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi, The system looks neat! And at 10K it is great VFM!

I have some questions on the HU. I am considering a good HU for my Polo GT TSi (planning to replace the existing Android HU for a better OE look) Please excuse me for the long list

1. You have mentioned about RVC socket. Is the reverse camera signal in the quadlock connector? Have you tried the reverse camera? Do you have picture of the RVC socket?

2. Does this system have mirrorlink and does it work? Have you tried mirroring your phone screen?

3. Does this have inbuilt mic for bluetooth? How is the bluetooth call quality? Is the person at the other end able to hear your voice clearly?

4. Is the touch screen resistive or capacitive?

5. Do all the steering mounted controls work?

No problem at all. I guess at this rate it's the best system available in the market.

1. No quadlock connector doesn't have RVC input. You have to purchase another socket for that purpose. Here is the picture of the socket. Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-imageuploadedbyteambhp1471173553.064329.jpg pic credits - aliexpress. You can buy one from here http://s.aliexpress.com/ENNrYRnM

You have to connect this connector at the bottom pins on left side Attachment 1541628

No I haven't tested it yet. But I'm sure it does work.

2. Yes this system comes with Mirrorlink and it works like a charm. Yes it's pretty good but works only with a few android phones.

3. Yes it has inbuilt mic for Bluetooth and sound quality is good. This one has better mic than any other HU I suppose. Voice is very clear.

4. I'm not sure about it but most probably it's capacitive. It's very responsive and feels way better than RCD510. You can barely feel any difference between a cellphone and HU touchscreen.

5. Yes they do work properly. It comes with CAN-BUS cable so all features work properly.

Most important thing is that, this is OEM HU. So you will get all the features just as you get in newer VW models in India.

Last edited by maddyguage : 14th August 2016 at 17:04.
maddyguage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2016, 21:34   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
So I managed to get mirror link and also google maps working on my backup phone - a rooted xperia z. Even the home screen works so basically any app will work.

Just to add - the touch response is a bit slow compared to the phone but very manageable. The phone also charges while mirror link is active.

Here's some photos attached:
How did you get the phone screen mirrored on the head unit. I have tried this and when i activate mirror link Im told that only mirror link supported apps can be displayed.

Can you please list the exact steps you performed so I can attempt to replicate this.

Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 09:33   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No problem at all. I guess at this rate it's the best system available in the market...

2. Yes this system comes with Mirrorlink and it works like a charm. Yes it's pretty good but works only with a few android phones.

Thanks a lot for the reply to all my questions. I went through various articles about MirrorLink and looks like only the flagship models of some manufacturers (like Soney Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6) support MirrorLink. I have Moto G and Motorola does not support MirrorLink. So it looks like if I want MirrorLink to work, I have to upgrade my cell phone as well. Except for this, I think the system has everything I am looking for. Will do some more reading on MirrorLink and then make the decision.

Thank you once again for all the inputs.
Old 15th August 2016, 10:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
How did you get the phone screen mirrored on the head unit. I have tried this and when i activate mirror link Im told that only mirror link supported apps can be displayed.

Can you please list the exact steps you performed so I can attempt to replicate this.

Thanks
Did nothing special - just connected via USB and it detected mirror link. Once the initial display opened up, I pressed the home button. From there I could access any and all apps.
Old 15th August 2016, 10:55   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did nothing special - just connected via USB and it detected mirror link. Once the initial display opened up, I pressed the home button. From there I could access any and all apps.
What is your cell phone make and model?

Last edited by graaja : 15th August 2016 at 11:05.
Old 15th August 2016, 12:22   #87
BHPian

Right now there are very less compatible devices available for Mirrorlink in the market.

You have to enable Mirrorlink in settings if you're using Samsung devices. It's very simple.
Old 15th August 2016, 12:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
What is your cell phone make and model?
I keep my old Xperia Z in the car
Old 15th August 2016, 17:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, the seller was telling it won't fit skoda rapid. Then I replied saying, the current model is rcd 320 only and sent link to our official review page of TDI DSG where it shows HU and dashboard pictures. Again he replied saying, "we checked it will fit only in Octavia and not in rapid" :(
Old 15th August 2016, 17:34   #90
BHPian

Quote:
In my case once i connect the phone and press the mirrorlink icon on the headunit, it shows me 2 icons, sygic and rockscout. ( These are 2 mirrorlink compatible apps that i installed, if i hadnt installed these then i used to get a blank screen with the message that no mirrorlink compatible apps found)

When i click sygic, it starts sygic and when i exit, it goes back to the screen with the 2 icons that it started with.

When i click rockscout, it asks me for the source of music, If i press the back arrow, it takes me back to the earlier screen with the 2 icons.

No matter that I do i cant see the phones screen mirrored on the head unit.

When you say "pressed the home button" which button are you referring to?

Have you tried this with a samsung s5 or s6 and made it work?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks