Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2016, 22:35   #121
BHPian

Re: Installed! Audiosources DS611 head-unit in my Polo GT TSi

Has anybody managed to install reverse camera on RCD 330 G without OPS module just like what they have done in ameo? Would be really helpful for many here if someone can share the details.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2016 at 07:41.
Old 18th September 2016, 20:06   #122
BHPian

Re: Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo

Good news guys!

Got the speed restriction of Mirrorlink modified. I came across this link by the Russian folks who were able to do the same. Somehow managed to understand (from the translated English) that the guy changed the value of Channel 36 (which has the max value in km/h beyond which Mirrorlink cuts off the HU display) to something higher to get it working while driving. As I did not have a laptop with me to check the same, I met up with bhpian highwaypatrol to check his issue with Mirrorlink not showing all phone apps. Unfortunately, we couldn't do anything to make that work. But we did compensate that with lot of other VCDS stuff including this one.

From the control module list, selected Radio and under Adaptation, read Channel no: 36. The value was set as 6 from factory. We changed it to 50 initially and went out for a drive to confirm. And it turned out to be the right one. The HU display went blank just as the speed went above 50km/h. It came back when the speed was below 50km/h. Changed the value to 200 finally. Google navigation and other apps work like a charm even when the car is in motion.

Here's a screenshot for reference:
Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-imag1390.jpg

Last edited by BigBrad : 18th September 2016 at 20:32.
BigBrad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 20:51   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Good news guys!

Got the speed restriction of Mirrorlink modified. I came across this link by the Russian folks who were able to do the same. Somehow managed to understand (from the translated English) that the guy changed the value of Channel 36 (which has the max value in km/h beyond which Mirrorlink cuts off the HU display) to something higher to get it working while driving. As I did not have a laptop with me to check the same, I met up with bhpian highwaypatrol to check his issue with Mirrorlink not showing all phone apps. Unfortunately, we couldn't do anything to make that work. But we did compensate that with lot of other VCDS stuff including this one.

From the control module list, selected Radio and under Adaptation, read Channel no: 36. The value was set as 6 from factory. We changed it to 50 initially and went out for a drive to confirm. And it turned out to be the right one. The HU display went blank just as the speed went above 50km/h. It came back when the speed was below 50km/h. Changed the value to 200 finally. Google navigation and other apps work like a charm even when the car is in motion.

Attachment 1555743

Wow that's an achievement brother. Good work. It's really helpful for everyone. Do post us if you have done anything other than this. Would love to try out.
THANKS
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 21:21   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Good news guys!

Attachment 1555743

Were you able to get this running on highwaypatrol's Samsung phone?
Old 18th September 2016, 23:24   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Wow that's an achievement brother. Good work. It's really helpful for everyone. Do post us if you have done anything other than this. Would love to try out.
THANKS
Thanks. All I did was some googling and searching, esp the Russian forum which was discovered by Gannu & others.

Haven't done anything other than this. But, bhpian highwaypatrol was mentioning that we might be able to mute or lower the HU music volume on engaging reverse gear via some setting in VCDS. It might need the addition of OPS module as well, not really sure. This is just a speculation, request VAG experts to please shed more light on this. Since the list of options in Radio->Adaptation was accessible only using channel numbers and not by names like in other modules, we had no idea what each channel was meant for. We didn't check the Long Coding helper section either. Will explore this further once I repair my laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Were you able to get this running on highwaypatrol's Samsung phone?
We did change the value in his car as well and tested the same using my phone. It worked fine. Unfortunately, when using his phone, Google maps wasn't showing in the list of Mirrorlink apps. So we couldn't test it with his phone. He's now more tempted to change the phone. As you rightly figured out earlier, I too believe it's an issue with Samsung phones. I'm not aware of any workarounds either.

Last edited by BigBrad : 18th September 2016 at 23:33.
BigBrad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 00:07   #126
BHPian

Yes i confirm that mirror link doesnt work (complete access) on any samsung made android phones which support mirrorlink. The only thing which work is the carmode inbuilt app which comes preinstalled on my mobile ( samsung a5 2016). Its still a mystery that htc mobiles work flawlessly in which a user can access all apps available on the mobile. Iam almost given up on my mobile to make mirror link work with full access.
Old 19th September 2016, 03:01   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Yes i confirm that mirror link doesnt work (complete access) on any samsung made android phones which support mirrorlink. The only thing which work is the carmode inbuilt app which comes preinstalled on my mobile ( samsung a5 2016). Its still a mystery that htc mobiles work flawlessly in which a user can access all apps available on the mobile. Iam almost given up on my mobile to make mirror link work with full access.
I am surprised that car mode works on your A5.

I have a S6 edge+ which didn't have car mode pre-installed and i downloaded and as i posted earlier it doesn't show up once mirrorlink is established.

The same company running multiple phone models on android 6.0.1 and still this discrepancy.. so frustrating

All i want is to mirror google maps and even after paying a small fortune for the flagship phone that samsung sells Im unable to get a simple navigation app working on the HU.. even though it shows up in carmode on the phone and claims to be mirrorlink certified.

On another note I tried out the button savior app which you suggested, as a last resort and those "button saviour" icons do appear on my HU interface once i start any mirrorlink apps like sygic but unfortunately pressing the "home" button that "Button Savior" generates does nothing..damn so frustrating
Old 19th September 2016, 14:36   #128

Quote:
Have you tried connecting it using original USB connector? Sometimes it doesn't recognise Apple devices if it's not original. For compatibility check you can refer user manual for the same.
Thanks for that!
Although the original USB cable cost me 1500/- INR, the stock system recognized the Ipod classic and integrated seamlessly. The sound quality is far better than what I was getting on the USB pen drive.
Old 2nd October 2016, 08:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
You will see two empty sockets iso connector.
Hi,

Would you be able to help with ques related to can connection. Do you remember which number pin you used for this. There are only 2 pins in the ISO connector for + and Ground. I am confused which one to use since there are multiple open slots.

I followed steps in this thread but the pins do not match with the OEM ISO socket.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tallation.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach..._33_41_pro.jpg

Note: I am trying to install this in Comfortline variant.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 2nd October 2016 at 08:57.
Old 2nd October 2016, 10:07   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Would you be able to help with ques related to can connection. Do you remember which number pin you used for this. There are only 2 pins in the ISO connector for + and Ground. I am confused which one to use since there are multiple open slots.

I followed steps in this thread but the pins do not match with the OEM ISO socket.
If you look closely there should be two slots for CAN+ and CAN-. If I remember correctly then it's last two pins (upper & lower) on right most corner of ISO connector.

Mine is Highline variant so CAN cables were already there in ISO connector. But don't worry if it's not there, you can still connect it to BCM.

I suggest you to get 2 connectors first. One is ISO connector and another is ISO to Quadlock connector. Both are easily available on aliexpress.

Once you get ISO connector, you will have to connect CAN+ and CAN- to BCM slot (19 & 20).
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:42   #131
BHPian

Installing RCD 330 in Vento Comfortline

Quote:
If you look closely there should be two slots for CAN+ and CAN-.
Hi maddyguage,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to find the reason why wiring in my car was different. Pins in ISO connector for Comfortline and Highline are different.

So this post might be useful for anyone attempting to install RCD 330G in Comfortline variant of Polo/Vento.

RCD 220 wiring scheme

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-rcd-220.jpg

RCD 320 wiring scheme

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-rcd-320.jpg

RCD 220 ISO connector pins

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-rcd-220-connector.jpg

Several users in forums had posted that we can source can high/low from BCM pin 20 and 21, but these pins are not blank in my BCM.

Sample picture

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-rcd330-bcm.jpg
Since ISO connector for RCD 220 does not have canbus connection I had to source this from climate control socket

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-climatecontrol-can-source.jpg

End result

RCD 220 (before)

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-before-rcd-220.jpg

RCD 330 (after)

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-after-rcd330.jpg

Several members have already posted that connecting phone is very easy. I am planing to install reverse camera but have not been able to find suitable camera that has integrated boot opening switch. Would check camera installed in Ameo to see if that would be compatible.

Pics source: Google search

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 3rd October 2016 at 10:46.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:55   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Several members have already posted that connecting phone is very easy. I am planing to install reverse camera but have not been able to find suitable camera that has integrated boot opening switch. Would check camera installed in Ameo to see if that would be compatible.

Great post. I'm happy that you installed RCD 330 in your comfortline. For your query for reverse camera, you can install any AV camera to this HU. And look for license plate light moulding camera instead of boot opening switch ones.

AFAIK you can install any AV camera in this HU with just a minor coding through VCDS. In Radio(56) change third bit value from 00 to 40 and done.

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475475875.241208.jpg

pic credits- aliexpress seller.
maddyguage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 14:45   #133
BHPian

I always felt the 'glare' of the HU a bit bright while driving in the night, even though I have set the screen brightness to darkest. Obviously, it was more psychological than anything else.

Today while playing around with the settings, I found that its just not me who has this psychological barrier. They have actually included an option to 'switch off' the screen after 10 secs. Sweet!

Just posting it here for other 'psychos'
Old 8th October 2016, 13:43   #134
BHPian

Members, I have decided to upgrade my RCD510 (Bosch) unit in my passat to RCD330G Plus, Thanks to mirrorlink and high resolution display.

I have two questions:

1. This should be plug and play as I have a quadlock connector working on the RCD510? (Mods/Gannu please advise)
2. How is the sound quality of these newer chinese units. Bosch Portugal unit (510) sounds sublime.

This also means that my RCD 510 is up for grabs in the classified section.
Old 19th October 2016, 00:07   #135
BHPian

Battery level on RCD 330G on Blackberry

Hi All,

Is everyone able to see battery level on RCD 330G after connecting through bluetooth. I do not see battery level but able to see time, signal level and temp.

I am using BB Z10.

Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo-after-rcd330-copy.jpg

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks