Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2007, 12:49   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
WOW!!! Looks stunning. But it's still a teaser of more to come, I think.

Great finishing job you have got done.
You have to give more details of audio stuff gone in too.
Lots more, i have too many images .

Thanks, the finishing was the most important part of the whole setup for me, i wanted it to seem like a factory install. Thankfully, i found the right people to work on it, JB (Autophile) is extremely detail oriented and a perfectionist .

cheers.
Old 15th January 2007, 12:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

WOW!

I want !!!!!
Old 15th January 2007, 12:58   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
WOW!

I want !!!!!
Sure, go ahead and do it, its a loads of fun to make a system like this. I am sure Gunbir and JB can hook you up .
Old 15th January 2007, 13:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

Wowwwwwww... That's a smokin' install. The PC looks as neat as stock!!! You got the ICE down pat too. Sollllid Setup. Congrats to you. man!

PS: That USB soundcard is real good! Audigy NX, right? I use the same on my machine.
Old 15th January 2007, 13:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Wowwwwwww... That's a smokin' install. The PC looks as neat as stock!!! You got the ICE down pat too. Sollllid Setup. Congrats to you. man!

PS: That USB soundcard is real good! Audigy NX, right? I use the same on my machine.
Thanks . That IS the Audigy 2 NX, pretty good in most respects but i have a bone to pick with the crappy software that is bundled. There is no 4.1 speaker mode. There is 4 speaker mode that loses the sub control and there is 5.1 which adds a center channel that i dont want. Lots of people are pretty amazed how creative let it slip. The PCI version of the card does have sub woofer controls in both the 2 speaker and 4 speaker choices as 2.1 and 4.1 . Other than that its pretty good and listening to 96k dvd audio is a treat.

cheers.
Old 15th January 2007, 14:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

That's a fabulous setup Ankur, Congratualtions!! One question though how did you manage to change the lighting of the instruments?
Old 15th January 2007, 14:14   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's a fabulous setup Ankur, Congratualtions!! One question though how did you manage to change the lighting of the instruments?
LOL, you really want to know .

We had to take the instrument panel apart, there were little diodes in there that we covered with rubber caps.

This is how it was :

And this is what we did to it :

Old 15th January 2007, 14:24   #113
Senior - BHPian

Nice!!! Let's see if we can do something to my car's lighting to improve it a bit, it's pathetic at the moment!
Old 15th January 2007, 14:27   #114
BHPian

While its great and matches the MMI controller, its a little dull. The rubber caps we used were a little thick and dont allow too much light to pass through.
Old 15th January 2007, 14:28   #115
Team-BHP Support

If you know the part number of the diode used then you can find a similar spec diode available in a different colour and replace the original one. the advantage is you wont lose out on brightness.

Ankur, very nice setup and pretty clever thinking about the red colour instruments.
Old 15th January 2007, 15:36   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If you know the part number of the diode used then you can find a similar spec diode available in a different colour and replace the original one. the advantage is you wont lose out on brightness.

Ankur, very nice setup and pretty clever thinking about the red colour instruments.
hehe that would have been the next step but i think a little extreme.

The red lighting was needed as the audi mmi controller is red and i wasnt able to change the color in that. The setup was going to look odd with the white/green and red light in different places.
Old 15th January 2007, 15:48   #117
BHPian

Hey Ankur, the install looks awwsome. I must a great job done, when do we get to see it ?
Old 15th January 2007, 17:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Must say I'm very impressed with the outcome. I am a geek at heart and as far as CarPC is concerned, my practical side has prevailed thus far and I was a bit sceptical about the actual integration of different devices, GUI and human interfaces.

BUT, It works very well. The interface is way cool, fast and responsive. And hell yes, everything is customisable. Ankur, you've converted me.

FEW of the things it does:

> GPS
> Bluetooth
> WiFi
> Rear Seat remote control through MMI
> FM
> Plays any Audio / Video format
> CDMA Internet
> Reverse Camera, with Parktronic overlay
> Great sound! (of course)
> OBD-II (shows engine parameters on screen)
> Completely future expandable.

I also must congratulate Ankur on having thought of everything, having researched his project in detail and having the patience to put up with the people who hovered around the install saying it will never work . There is no better feeling than doing something you love and are passionate about. I guess It feels even better when the outcome is this good... Thanks to Ankur's efforts, JBs installation and Driven's team, the outcome is fantastic.

Guys, you can see the Ankur's CarPC at the forthcoming meet providing we do it on the Jan 20/21 weekend, Ankur is away on the Jan 26th weekend. Imagine having a mobile WiFi hotspot at Zucchero's farmhouse. Crazy!

Another FIRST for Delhi... Go Delhi!

PS. If you guys want install progress pics posted here, PM Ankur.

Last edited by gunbir : 15th January 2007 at 17:07.
Old 15th January 2007, 20:21   #119
BHPian

gr8 setup guys!! looks top notch! looks like ankur put his heart and soul into this DIY project...... of course JB and gunbir seemed to be angels in disguise.
hope to more of these soon.....
ankur can u give us a small write up about the whole project..... will be a guide to all those who follow!
gr8 job!
Old 15th January 2007, 21:56   #120
BHPian

well done ankur and my congratulations to u!!
It was a real hard work for u and everything was well planned,researched and then executed in best possible way.

i believe many would like to follow the example set by u.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks