Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 16:07   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

A big thanks to Ankit Joshi for sharing this with us!

File download link

Quote:
Hello Team,

I am a silent reader & diehard follower of Team-BHP. Just want to share my excitement that my car - Ciaz ZXI+ - the one with a SmartPlay Infotainment System received an Android Auto & Map upgrade for 2017.

Maruti is not informing customers. Owners have to forcefully ask for an update. Just tell the dealer that your navigation is working weird etc....blah blah technical terms and they will update. In my case, as I'm an IT engineer, I was reflashing my head-unit in-house, but it went kaput during installation midway . After that, I was stuck in a boot loop.

Took it to the Maruti service center. They took like 2 hours to fix the system with a new update. Initially, the updating process failed twice. If the update/installation fails, there is no turning back. As this stupid system by Bosch does not hold previous backups of the firmware and it gets erased immediately during updating.

At last we finally were successful. After I did a system restart, it was a moment of joy!!! My Nexus 5 popped up with Android Auto and the same was mirrored in the car. Finally, Android in my car. Car is now keeping up with the times . Map updates are also available for 2017 with validity upto 2020. Its of 2.5 GB size.
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-0.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-1.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-2.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-3.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-4.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-5.jpg

Installation Instructions -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4323211

AnyAutoAudio-> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4327425

Last edited by GTO : 25th December 2017 at 12:21.
GTO is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 16:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Wow, great update thanks, was looking out for this for a long time. However one Q: They wont update if I ask them directly to update is it? Do I need to say that the system is not working as desired for them to update? If yes, pathetic. A small update which can help so many of existing users is not being proactively done :(
arvind71181 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 17:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
They wont update if I ask them directly to update is it? Do I need to say that the system is not working as desired for them to update? If yes, pathetic. A small update which can help so many of existing users is not being proactively done :(
As per the detail posted below, it looks like the update is not a seamless affair and has failed 2-3 times before it was successful. Hence Maruti is not doing it for all customers as it is time consuming and not sure how many customers will be willing to wait the required 3 hours just for the update on top of the regular service time of 3-4 hours. I think they should first fix the update to ensure it is fast and non-disruptive and then flash it to all customer cars when it comes in for the scheduled servicing.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 20:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, this gives a rest to many people's doubts whether the Ciaz and S-cross have a different hardware than the Ignis. Hopefully, these doubts are laid to rest.

This confirms that Android Auto upgrade is available with software update version 1740. Last time I went to my regular service station, they said they have not received the latest update/upgrade file. I should be visiting them again this weekend then!
govigov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 20:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
This confirms that Android Auto upgrade is available with software update version 1740.
I was under the impression that Scross already had version 1750. Anyway looks like it is not out officially. I am surprised what is taking them so long to release the update which they already have around
Old 4th July 2017, 21:21   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A big thanks to Ankit Joshi for sharing this with us!
Thanks a lot. I have a Brezza ZDi+ and am eagerly waiting for Android Auto update just for the sake of Google Maps. The maps provided are not as per my liking. Can you please ask which place it was?
Old 4th July 2017, 21:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I was under the impression that Scross already had version 1750. Anyway looks like it is not out officially. I am surprised what is taking them so long to release the update which they already have around

The latest one that I got officially was version 750. Maybe you got confused with that. The only other version released after version 750 is version 1740.
govigov is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 00:12   #8
BHPian

I actually signed some Change.org petition by S-cross and Baleno owners for this which was supposed to be forwarded to Suzuki India.

I hear Android Auto is buggy. But it would still be reasonably good for maps I figure - especially live traffic updates. Because I use a flip case, I find it tedious to use a dashboard or air-vent mount.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 00:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
As per the detail posted below, it looks like the update is not a seamless affair and has failed 2-3 times before it was successful. Hence Maruti is not doing it for all customers as it is time consuming and not sure how many customers will be willing to wait the required 3 hours just for the update on top of the regular service time of 3-4 hours. I think they should first fix the update to ensure it is fast and non-disruptive and then flash it to all customer cars when it comes in for the scheduled servicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In my case, as I'm an IT engineer, I was reflashing my head-unit in-house, but it went kaput during installation midway . After that, I was stuck in a boot loop.
OP had tinkered with the system and ruined it, which is probably why the update took a long time to fix. If your system is fine it should be a simple update.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 5th July 2017 at 00:20.
SunnyBoi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 08:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The latest one that I got officially was version 750. Maybe you got confused with that. The only other version released after version 750 is version 1740.
Oh The versioning system looks very random, so I got confused. Thanks for the update.
Old 5th July 2017, 08:59   #11
Team-BHP Support

If you are the DIY variety of bhpians, try this:

1) Download relevant software for your device by identifying the part number in your car. Software download available at: Link (Login required)

2) Follow instructions in the attached PDF to the "T"

WebPortal_SLDA software update_V1.2.pdf

Disclaimer: Try it at your own risk.

User manual SLDA India.pdf

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th July 2017 at 09:04.
moralfibre is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 10:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

1) Download relevant software for your device by identifying the part number in your car. Software download available at: Link (Login required)

2) Follow instructions in the attached PDF to the "T"

Attachment 1654189

Disclaimer: Try it at your own risk.

Attachment 1654188

Well, I don't have the credentials to login. How else can we download the software update?
Old 5th July 2017, 14:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

Attachment 1654188
Have the same Question as sudeepg. Where do we get the login credentials to download the latest OS ? The link provided needs login credentials as you mentioned.

I went through the instructions pdf and it says access to SLDA website as a prerequisite. On the SLDA website, it only shows the map update which I am able to download using the VIN and serial number. But I do not see any option to download the latest OS on http://www.suzuki-slda.com/
Old 5th July 2017, 14:42   #14
Team-BHP Support

I guess only dealers have access to download the software and you may be able to get your hands on the updates depending on your equation with the dealer.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 15:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Thanks a lot. I have a Brezza ZDi+ and am eagerly waiting for Android Auto update just for the sake of Google Maps. The maps provided are not as per my liking. Can you please ask which place it was?
True! The current maps aren't updated nor appealing with major names of locations missing on my Ertiga ZDi+. Would head to the dealer ASAP and get this done. Thanks guys for sharing

Cheers,
Amey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks