Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:13   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Yes that might work. You don't need to get out of your car everything else can be done from the driver's seat 🤣

Hahahah I know sounds funny but it takes more than couple of minutes to work and it doesn't makes sense to wait in a switched off vehicle without AC
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:53   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Android Auto for older Maruti Suzuki models listed :

I think Maruti would release official update soon

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-fb_img_1500826939068.jpg

https://www.android.com/intl/en_in/auto/maruti-suzuki/
Old 24th July 2017, 01:08   #123
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Just updated the software on my Vitara Brezza (2nd attempt = successful). Thanks to bhpians who made it possible for me.

Initial impression is good. I am an audiophile & I found music output (specially sound-stage) marginally better when played via AA than the bluetooth streaming. I just played a song or two in my parking at moderate volume. I will be able to compare more genres tomorrow.
Old 24th July 2017, 07:25   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I think Maruti would release official update soon
I guess that's official confirmation.

Haven't had a chance to install the update yet. Was busy fixing my bike (ktm 390) which gave up on me last week.

How's the music quality? I think it should be better than Bluetooth.

Last edited by ampere : 24th July 2017 at 07:30.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:12   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I am an audiophile & I found music output (specially sound-stage) marginally better when played via AA than the bluetooth streaming.
What app are you using for music streaming? I tried to like Google Play Music but I have never found a liking to it. Spotify doesn't show up on my AA, probably due to it being a cracked app. Saavn & SoundCloud aren't supported yet and I somehow don't like Gaana either. 😅
Old 24th July 2017, 10:49   #126
BHPian

To all the folks who want to any any audio app with AA read this.

Cross posting my reply in XUV AA thread.

Quote:
There is an unreleased app called Anything Auto in play store that will allow one to use any music app to work with Android Auto. Install the app , open any music player in your phone which is not supported by Android Auto and then connect phone to the HU, press the music icon and you can see anything auto, press anything auto and you can see the music player running in background. An XDA developer made this app.

Here is the link Anything Auto
Here is the link to XDA AnyAutoAudio XDA by jvvpc

Last edited by mjumrani : 24th July 2017 at 10:52. Reason: More info
mjumrani is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 17:34   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The update won't happen if you copy the folder. All the files should be directly copied into flash drive. There should not be any folders. I wonder why it did not work. Anyways many 2017 owners have reported that Android auto doesn't work but the update is successful.
I retried this after reformatting the usb drive to FAT and it worked as expected. Since mine is a 2017 model, no android auto, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Did you format the Pen Drive in FAT32 format ? I also faced issues with this. Had a 128GB pen drive which did not allow formatting in FAT32, formatted it in exFAT format and the HU did not detect anything. Shifted to a 16GB pen drive, formatted with FAT32 and copied files directly and this time it worked. Takes a good 5-10 seconds to recognise the pen drive.
Thanks for this. This was the problem. Went through smoothly once I changed the file format!
Old 24th July 2017, 18:54   #128
BHPian

I have also successfully upgraded from 740 to 1740.

The first attempt failed at 96%. Got 100% success at second attempt.

The android auto is working perfectly. Although the phone is a bit heated alas it was connected for 2hours and charged 3%. I didn't try any voice feature.

Thanks everyone for guidance.

Phone lenovo zuk z1 USB type c.

Last edited by max8791 : 24th July 2017 at 18:57. Reason: Adding phone model
Old 25th July 2017, 17:58   #129
BHPian

Failed 4 times on my Brezza 2016 July Model.

First time at 24%
Second at 24%
Third at 20%
4th at 23%

Now finally it has moved till 38%

Updating the firmware as I write this post. Hopefully it will go in till 96% this time.

I'll update on the same once done.

Also, my ACC is not working since a few days. The AUTO option in the Air Conditioning LCD blinks continuously and there is NO outside temperature being displayed in the MFD
Old 25th July 2017, 19:59   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Ajay Jayaraman for sharing this!

Quote:
Hi Admins,

I was reading the thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-system-5.html. I own a Ciaz and have updated the HU to include Android Auto as per instructions mentioned in the thread.

I see that some members have queries on how to use different music apps on Android Auto. There is an app in the play store which can be used to play any audio app on Android Auto. Please refer to this thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-auto-t3607916

Please share this information on the thread. Thank you (I am posting this so that it can help the larger community of Team-BHP)
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 10:21   #131
BHPian

Got my car's 3rd free service done. Apparently MASS (can give the exact MASS, if needed, through PM) is not upgrading the ICE to Android version yet, officially. Service manager asked me to check some websites "like Team-BHP" and upgrade myself if I wished to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max8791 View Post
I have also successfully upgraded from 740 to 1740.
How do I find out the current firmware version?
Old 26th July 2017, 10:38   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
How do I find out the current firmware version?
1. Long press the settings icon in HU (~10 seconds)
2. You will get a new display with lot of information and check the software version.

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:09   #133
BHPian

So the Android Auto is a dodgy little thing. I don't know if it is because it a DIY or the software itself is buggy - but at times the screen goes blank. You need to re-plug the Android phone after removing it. Maybe the problem is with the OnePlus 3T's customized Oxygen OS. Some of you using a vanilla Android on a Motorola can confirm if there is a similar issue.

Additionally, if it is raining and you lose data signal then AA slips into a coma.
Old 26th July 2017, 19:04   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
So the Android Auto is a dodgy little thing. I don't know if it is because it a DIY or the software itself is buggy - but at times the screen goes blank. You need to re-plug the Android phone after removing it. Maybe the problem is with the OnePlus 3T's customized Oxygen OS. Some of you using a vanilla Android on a Motorola can confirm if there is a similar issue.

Additionally, if it is raining and you lose data signal then AA slips into a coma.
Exactly the same situation with me ! unfortunately, I am also using oneplus 3T - will have to test using different phone. I'll see Asus Zenfone, and will revert.
Old 26th July 2017, 19:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Some of you using a vanilla Android on a Motorola can confirm if there is a similar issue.
I use Samsung S8 Plus. I have not observed any issues so far. It could be the custom ROM.

Most Viewed