Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 09:50   #211
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Initially with AA, call audio was not routed to car speakers. Exited AA and reconnected to phone bluetooth from stock SW. Relaunched AA and everything worked fine. In AA we get to choose in-call audio output device: car, phone and phone loudspeaker.
If you're still facing issues see my post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Long press the settings icon for few seconds and you will get the hidden menu. Check software version in that.
Sirji, have you tried my reset steps post install? Does it matter on your car or are you among the lucky few on whose car it just works?

Mine didn't and therefore the learning happened.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th December 2017 at 10:50. Reason: removed quoted video
Old 17th December 2017, 10:05   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Sirji, have you tried my reset steps post install? Does it matter on your car or are you among the lucky few on whose car it just works?
I have not flashed 1750.2 yet . S-Cross is with dad in Kasaragod. I am using Baleno Zeta now. I will definitely follow the points you have mentioned
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 19:10   #213

Flashed the 1750.2 ver in my baleno 1.2. It took about 30 mins to fully complete with one automatic reboot.

Android Auto is pretty convenient and having google maps is unbeatable. Finally the HU feels complete.

I faced issues of random disconnection. But I think it's a cable issue. I changed to a original cable today and it worked well without any issue.

Protip: If you want to use the phone with android auto, hit the recent button on the phone and then the home button. This takes the phone to the default homescreen and you can use the phone completely while the HU works with Android Auto at the background.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and software
social3047 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 19:59   #214
BHPian

Guys, I have updated the version, and maps etc all works OK. But what beats me is how to play music from phone app - gaana or google music. On Google Music, it was playing a song on HU, but the audio was coming from FM. And if I recall, I used to play songs from google music before, not able to find any option now. What am I missing ?
Old 21st December 2017, 21:35   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, I have updated the version, and maps etc all works OK. But what beats me is how to play music from phone app - gaana or google music. On Google Music, it was playing a song on HU..What am I missing ?
I have faced the same issue but not sure how i got it resolved

Check in Android auto setting if bluetooth is set to "ON" in car mode, thats the only one that i can think of.
Old 23rd December 2017, 14:32   #216
BHPian

Quote:
What am I missing ?
you need to follow in the instructions I've give at THIS post

ANY AUDIO APP on your car HU via Android Auto

First thing first you to READ ABOUT THIS app

Second, download the app version found here

(Un)fortunately you do need an XDA id. But I promise it's worth it.

Follow the instructions in that thread marked under
"Install AnyAutoAudio directly from apk:"

Third before you fire up Android Auto Open AnyAutoAudio and pin your preferred apps. In my case it was Gaana/MixCloud/PowerAMP

BEFORE you connect to your car open the music app of your choice and hit play. Plug into your car and from the audio drop down select AnyAutoAudio. VOILA your music on the headunit.

WARNING
Due to a limitation on the headunit - if you open multiple apps they will LITERALLY fight for control of audio sometimes. I had PowerAMP and MixCloud lose their marbles between calls i was making to reach a friend's place. This is not a problem of AnyAutoAudio. I was able to fix this by going into PowerAMP and turning off resume upon Headset(Bluetooth).

MODS - I didn't realise they were becoming two posts one after another. Please merge. But also mark my two posts for any one who is updating their HU's or want simpler Audio solutions.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th December 2017 at 00:57. Reason: Merged
valhallen.282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 10:38   #217
BHPian

I am done, patience over!!

This doesn't work, whatever you try. I may have to do from scratch, but not worth it. I'll rather see maps directly on phone. Totally crappy process, sometimes HU doesnt recognise phone, sometimes it does, at other times songs wont play over HU.
Old 24th December 2017, 17:19   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I am done, patience over!! .
I'm sorry... I don't think I understand your problem. Could you explain it clearly. What are you trying to do and what isn't working?
Old 25th December 2017, 13:28   #219
BHPian

Does any one know how to move the next the folder using the Controls on the steering rather getting on the touch screen, holding the Next/Previous buttons does not do anything.

Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 14:23   #220
BHPian

Good NEWS finally.
I had AA update 1750 updated in my Brezza 2017 model on 23 Dec 2017 at Wonder Cars Chinchwad Pune.
So AA is now available for all MS models including 2017.
Procedure - call your dealer and tell him you want to update the Music system to latest one as per MS circular.
Experience so far is being nice.
Old 26th December 2017, 15:19   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Does any one know how to move the next the folder using the Controls on the steering rather getting on the touch screen, holding the Next/Previous buttons does not do anything.

Thanks
It is indeed a pain with the SmartPlay as it does not navigate to the next folder at the same level.

However within the folder, it can cycle through all files and folders uing the up/down control switch on the steering.

I use this method, not an elegant one but does the trick. Use the voice button and say the name of the folder you want it to play. The only catch being you must be aware of the folder names.

Cheers
Old 27th December 2017, 10:35   #222
BHPian

Finally updated to 1750 from 750 on our Ciaz, works like a charm!
How I wish the touch screen was a bit bigger, for better navigation visibility through Gmaps.
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:58   #223

MS person called me up to get it updated to 1750 last week. He came and did it at my office. Took around 30 mins. No issues during update. Working cool..
Old 10th January 2018, 21:23   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been to dealer for some other work. The dealer flashed 1750 file. It was successful in 2nd attempt. I have observed that 1750 version is much better than the leaked 1740. Android auto is working flawlessly. The dealer gets paid by Maruti for each car
(Rs. 329).
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20180110_122922.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20180110_193620.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20180110_193646.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20180110_211837.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 10:19   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Android auto is working flawlessly. The dealer gets paid by Maruti for each car
(Rs. 329).
Hello Dr,

The Maruti guys visited my house last Sunday and did an upgrade. As i was not at home, not sure how may tries it took. Post Update these are a few observations, would help if you could corroborate:

1. Mode switch on the steering does not work when AA is connected. However you can use the next previous button.

2. System seems slow to boot up. I can hear the audio (be it radio/BT or what ever mode it is in), then i can see the smart play menu items

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks