Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2017, 13:57   #196
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_rodie View Post
Same here. I am planning to use USB Hub.
The hub will definitely not work. I have tried it in my S Cross on the 1740 version. The devices/usb drives connected to the hub were not recognised.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 18:13   #197
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
You are correct about it. The Android Auto will not work with any cable. I have a Moto X Play but the cable in car was a regular one which could charge the phone. When it was connected to the system, AA could not detect it. Then I used it's genuine cable and it worked.
Strange that AA works for me with a non OEM cable, I have Oneplus3t and i using a generic cable that i bought for 120 Rs.It works fine. Not sure why though
Old 13th December 2017, 17:48   #198
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Our news article has a download link for those who might want to DIY.

Thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing!
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 18:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Our news article has a download link for those who might want to DIY.
Did a successful DIY today. Files taken from the link above.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-pic-1.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-pic-2.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-pic-3.jpg  

Old 14th December 2017, 18:59   #200
BHPian

A big thanks to GTO and the anonymous Team-BHP fan for providing the 1750 update.

I successfully updated my S-Cross today. It was running on 1740 version and I was not very happy with it, as it was quite slow and laggy. Due to this, I had gone back to using Google Maps on my phone display for navigation (my main use of Android Auto).

I downloaded the file from the link in GTO's post and unzipped it. I copied the contents of the unzipped folder (not the unzipped folder itself, but just the contents of the unzipped folder) and pasted it into an empty pen drive.

Turned the car on and plugged the pen drive into the USB port located in the hand rest. After about a minute, the head unit (HU) automatically started the update. Initially, the screen turned black and then white for a few seconds, before text appeared on the screen showing the progress of the update. Please note that the update proceeds in spurts and is not steady. The installation reached around 90%, when the screen went blank and the installation re-started on its own. Last time (when installing the 1740 version), I had to physically remove the pen drive and re-insert it to re-start the installation.

The second time around, the installation proceeded smoothly and completed successfully. The whole above process took about 35-40 minutes.

I played around with Android Auto for some time. It was much smoother and less laggy compared to the 1740 version. I tried the navigation (Google Maps, Waze), music (Google Play Music, JetAudio) and the voice calls. All of them worked smoothly. Please note that I tried it using a BB Keyone.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 19:47   #201
BHPian

Someone else has to share now - getting the following on GTO's link -

Error (429)
This link is temporarily disabled. The person who shared it hit their daily limit of traffic or downloads. Learn about traffic limits.
Old 14th December 2017, 19:56   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Someone else has to share now - getting the following on GTO's link -

Error (429)
This link is temporarily disabled. The person who shared it hit their daily limit of traffic or downloads. Learn about traffic limits.
There are few more Google drive links which I got in whatsapp groups. It should be fine soon.

Alternate link : (this is working now)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCM...FF0-M0who/view

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th December 2017 at 20:00.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 21:54   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
A big thanks to GTO and the anonymous Team-BHP fan for providing the 1750 update.

I successfully updated my S-Cross today. It was running on 1740 version

I played around with Android Auto for some time. It was much smoother and less laggy compared to the 1740 version. I tried the navigation (Google Maps, Waze), music (Google Play Music, JetAudio) and the voice calls. All of them worked smoothly. Please note that I tried it using a BB Keyone.
Thanks! So this confirms that you can update from 1740 to 1750 and there is no need to go back to stock 750 before flashing 1750.
I had updated to 1740 in my Baleno and everything has been working perfectly till now- no lags. So wondering if there is any real advantage upgrading to 1750. As they say, why mend when it ain't broken.
Old 14th December 2017, 22:30   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Thanks! So this confirms that you can update from 1740 to 1750 and there is no need to go back to stock 750 before flashing 1750.
I had updated to 1740 in my Baleno and everything has been working perfectly till now- no lags. So wondering if there is any real advantage upgrading to 1750. As they say, why mend when it ain't broken.
I updated my system from 1740 to 1750. Both updates were done by me, first one from the link shared on thread earlier and 1750 directly. 1750 is better with no problems with calls.
Old 14th December 2017, 22:37   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There are few more Google drive links which I got in whatsapp groups. It should be fine soon.

Alternate link : (this is working now)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCM...FF0-M0who/view
Thanks !
Download worked - updated fine. More smooth installation than previous one...
Old 15th December 2017, 13:13   #206
BHPian

Few things to note about this update. For everything to work correctly post the update. You need to do the following.
  1. Run Update-> Wait until the system asks you to remove the drive.
  2. Let it fully shut down BY ITSELF post update.
  3. Wait 2-3 full minutes for the system to completely shut off.(Suzuki seems to have implemented a sort of wait time before complete shutdown so that the system is in sleep mode to prevent boot delay if the car is restarted)
  4. Restart car after the wait period
  5. Settings -> reset
  6. Wait 30 seconds
  7. Turn off car
  8. Wait 3 minutes
  9. Start car and do your usual setup

This way the system detects your data carrier versioning correctly for GPS data (especially useful if you intend to keep the provided SDCard at home and use your own)

Android Auto connects will happen instantly. (without this reset process it isn't that it isn't quick; it's just MUCH faster)

The reset also seems to help with Bluetooth functionality.
BT will now correctly show a device as phone + Music capable on the Bluetooth settings menu

Side note - my previously paired Android Auto phones did not connect correctly post the update without the reset. So this was a hard learning for me. For a moment I freaked and thought that my risk of updating had caused me issues.
Second note - The system resets date and time to GMT. Go into settings -> Time -> Time Zone -> India and it will work correctly
Third Note - now Decimal Degree POI's will not work immediately as the system now defaults to Degrees, minutes, seconds. You need to change that for custom POI's to detect.
valhallen.282 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 13:57   #207
BHPian

I am facing a particularly annoying issue with my Head Unit. It has been around since my last upgrade to 1740 and has persisted even on 1750. Unsure if previous versions also had this.

The problem is that I get very noticeable audio latency on Bluetooth. Whenever a video is played on my phone, the audio is delayed by about 1sec which totally defeats the purpose sometimes. I am yet to try this on a different car and/or with a different phone. I know this is a problem on my unit's end because this latency isn't there when I'm using Bluetooth headsets or speakers.

Would be great if someone could try playing a video on Youtube and check if the audio is in sync or delayed.
Old 16th December 2017, 23:38   #208
BHPian

Had visited Pratham service today, they are not yet ready to perform AA upgrade. Did it myself after coming back, thanks to team-bhp.

In the first attempt update failed at 75/100 position and restarted on its own. Update completed successfully second time.

Initially with AA, call audio was not routed to car speakers. Exited AA and reconnected to phone bluetooth from stock SW. Relaunched AA and everything worked fine. In AA we get to choose in-call audio output device: car, phone and phone loudspeaker.

I had made extensive use of AA in US while driving a Hyundai Sonata, used maps more than anything else and I loved to use voice commands get to gas stations and change destinations on the fly. It is a great pleasure to have it in Baleno. Good to see 'Ok google' working, now no need to press and hold 'voice command' button.

Can someone tell how to check the current SW version in the HU? The settings menu shows just 'Data Carrier Version' and not the detailed info as in the photos shared in previous posts.
Old 16th December 2017, 23:57   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Can someone tell how to check the current SW version in the HU? The settings menu shows just 'Data Carrier Version' and not the detailed info as in the photos shared in previous posts.
Long press the settings icon for few seconds and you will get the hidden menu. Check software version in that.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 00:14   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Long press the settings icon for few seconds and you will get the hidden menu. Check software version in that.

Thanks Dr Naren. Intuitively I had tried a long press but looks like it needs a really long press. Will try tomorrow morning.

Last edited by ajmat : 17th December 2017 at 00:30.

Most Viewed