Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 09:41   #106
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The update won't happen if you copy the folder. All the files should be directly copied into flash drive. There should not be any folders. I wonder why it did not work. Anyways many 2017 owners have reported that Android auto doesn't work but the update is successful.
Yes, that is why I didn't spend too much time tinkering with it. I'll wait a few days until they officially provide the upgrade. Would like you thank you, though, for everything you've shared here! It was mighty helpful.
Old 21st July 2017, 10:59   #107
BHPian

Re: Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
Do update us if it works. I tried it in my May '17 Zeta and it doesn't even detect the flash drive with the new firmware. Tried it with 2 different usb drives. Still nothing. It just boots up to the homescreen.

Android Auto requires the phone to be connected via USB iirc. Also, the agreements and permissions are standard for Android Auto setup.
Did you format the Pen Drive in FAT32 format ? I also faced issues with this. Had a 128GB pen drive which did not allow formatting in FAT32, formatted it in exFAT format and the HU did not detect anything.
Shifted to a 16GB pen drive, formatted with FAT32 and copied files directly and this time it worked. Takes a good 5-10 seconds to recognise the pen drive.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 13:53   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Did you format the Pen Drive in FAT32 format ? I also faced issues with this. Had a 128GB pen drive which did not allow formatting in FAT32, formatted it in exFAT format and the HU did not detect anything.
Shifted to a 16GB pen drive, formatted with FAT32 and copied files directly and this time it worked. Takes a good 5-10 seconds to recognise the pen drive.
Ha! You know I was almost certain that this was the issue, because that's the only thing unaccounted for. You're right, both my drives were exFAT. I will try again with FAT32. Thanks!
Old 21st July 2017, 19:20   #109

Did the DIY steps as shown.. Updated Ciaz 2105 with the 1740 version and AA is available now.

Thank you everyone for helping me upgrade..
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-1.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-2.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-4.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-5.jpg  

tanveerahmed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 19:49   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
Is teh above update applicable to a 2016 model Ciaz? I did not see any reference to a Ciaz audio system being updated.

Cheers
I did the update for Ciaz 2015 successfully..
tanveerahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 19:55   #111
BHPian

Finally..!!! Made it to see google maps working on my Baleno (Jan-2016 model). Thank you so much to one and all who have participated (indirectly) and contributed to this ceremony of Android Auto housewarming my car. A big thank you to Team-BHP forum and its members. And "Ok Google" too is working flawless. Good that even traffic update is also displayed in the HU.

A few snaps of "Operation-Android Auto in Baleno"
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-2.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-1.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-3.jpg  

Last edited by rohiT Nonu : 21st July 2017 at 20:00.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 21:05   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Finally..!!! Made it to see google maps working on my Baleno (Jan-2016 model). Thank you so much to one and all who have participated (indirectly) and contributed to this ceremony of Android Auto housewarming my car. A big thank you to Team-BHP forum and its members. And "Ok Google" too is working flawless. Good that even traffic update is also displayed in the HU.

A few snaps of "Operation-Android Auto in Baleno"
Good to see that in baleno it got working, mine is also Feb 2016 model and has 0730 version right now. Planning to update tomorrow, can you please tell me :-

1. Is steering hands free button working after upgrade?
2. After how many unsuccessful installation it got completed?
3. Do i need to remove and reinsert the USB if the installation gets failed?
4. Does phone charges when it is connected through USB with Android auto?

THanks
Raj...

Last edited by rajpandey10 : 21st July 2017 at 21:07.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:16   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
Good to see that in baleno it got working, mine is also Feb 2016 model and has 0730 version right now. Planning to update tomorrow, can you please tell me :-
THanks
Raj...
Yes, AFAIK I have used it to make a call. But in the moment of excitement, I couldn't test all other buttons. Will surely test it completely tomorrow and get back to you on this aspect.

As the customary of 1st installation failure and the very next one got the work done.

I first inserted USB and then powered my engine. The installation failed at 96%. Then I switched the engine off, removed USB and again inserted it. Powered the engine on again. At this juncture, I had to wait for some longer time, say atleast 30secs, for my HU to recognise the USB and then the installation began all by itself. This time it was successful.

Yes, I've used the Mi5 phone (It has a Type-C charger) and as far as I have noticed it was getting charged but not as quickly as when connected to the switch board socket. Make sure to use a better quality USB cable always.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 23:54   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post

THanks
Raj...
1. Steering controls work absolutely fine. Voice commands need a long push in Android Auto mode but you're better off saying Ok Google.

2. It fails at 96% the first time. Successfully installs in the next step.

3. No need to remove the flash drive, just restart the power it will boot again and start installation.

4. Phone charges but the speed is slow. It is a standard USB 0.5mA charge current which is slower than the 12V chargers and much slower than QuickCharge ones.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:13   #115

I did the Android Update, thanks to the files provided on Google Drive by fellow members. And I was so happy with the update. It failed 4 times though before successfully updating and I got late for office. Have a look at the screens in the attachment.

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170721_081303.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170721_085848.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170721_085856.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170721_085904.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170721_095647.jpg

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170721_213848.jpg

But now comes the problem, I'm unable to attend to calls completely. There's no sound and also if I'm playing music from Android Auto Apps (Like Google Play Music, PocketCasts) then the music pauses, but if the radio is playing it doesn't even pause on picking up the call.

So I checked to see if it works OK without Android Auto or not, and to my utter dismay on connecting the phone only via Bluetooth the radio still doesn't pause on picking up the call and also there's no sound of the caller. Guess I have to revert to the old version.

Anybody have any ideas. I'm thinking of reflashing it once more with 1740 and if it still doesn't work then reverting to 750. I've an SCross Zeta and OnePlus 3.
tukaibat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:18   #116
BHPian

Successfully updated a friend's 2016 August Brezza, it's took 2 tries. AA works exactly like it is in my car sans the touch screen sensitivity, it's slow to react to inputs.
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:24   #117
BHPian

Meanwhile if anyone is interested to know how the Smartplay Infotainment System looks like inside the dashboard, this one is for you. A few pics from when the AC Controls were replaced in my Ertiga.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151228.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151202.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151153.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151140.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151133.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151129.jpg  

Android Auto update for owners of Maruti's older SmartPlay Infotainment System-img_20170318_151123.jpg  

Ramon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 06:15   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaibat View Post
But now comes the problem, I'm unable to attend to calls completely. There's no sound and also if I'm playing music from Android Auto Apps (Like Google Play Music, PocketCasts) then the music pauses, but if the radio is playing it doesn't even pause on picking up the call.

So I checked to see if it works OK without Android Auto or not, and to my utter dismay on connecting the phone only via Bluetooth the radio still doesn't pause on picking up the call and also there's no sound of the caller. Guess I have to revert to the old version.

Anybody have any ideas. I'm thinking of reflashing it once more with 1740 and if it still doesn't work then reverting to 750. I've an SCross Zeta and OnePlus 3.

I had faced same problem after update albeit with carplay since iOS is my primary driver. Had given up and decided to downgrade the next day. However before inserting the pen drive next day, decided to give it another try and noted that system was working flawlessly. Maruti's smartplay system can be finicky sometimes. And the solution I have found for all problems is to shutdown the engine and get out of vehicle and lock it and leave it for couple of minutes (Yes simply shut down and restart doesn't do much and the problem with smartplay continues). I know the solution is not very technical however this has helped 100% times. Hope you don't have to revert.
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:40   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
I had faced same problem after update albeit with carplay since iOS is my primary driver. Had given up and decided to downgrade the next day. However before inserting the pen drive next day, decided to give it another try and noted that system was working flawlessly. Maruti's smartplay system can be finicky sometimes. And the solution I have found for all problems is to shutdown the engine and get out of vehicle and lock it and leave it for couple of minutes (Yes simply shut down and restart doesn't do much and the problem with smartplay continues). I know the solution is not very technical however this has helped 100% times. Hope you don't have to revert.
Yes that might work. You don't need to get out of your car everything else can be done from the driver's seat 🤣
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:21   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Yes that might work. You don't need to get out of your car everything else can be done from the driver's seat 🤣
Yeah thanks guys. I flashed it with the old one and it got stuck in a boot loop. Then I reflashed it with the new one. It seems to run fine this time around. Atleast the radio and music pauses on call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks